• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Abrupt File Process Switching??

romeokilo

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello all,

Everything I posted in my previous thread "New Rules for Officer Candidate?" was a big confusion. Here is my story, and I need help from anyone in this forum who has had this happen or knows about this.

My trade choices were MARS/Pilot/Armoured. In October the CFRC in my area informed me that I was being processed for MARS, as both Armoured and Pilot were closed at that point. They asked me if MARS was still ok with me as a trade? I was positive about it.

MARS being a Level 3 clearance, and me not having 10 years residence in Canada, I was asked to do a criminal record check from my previous countries of residence. I submitted my fingerprints for a certificate of clearance from one of them (the other was to be handled by the CFRC). Yes, for some reason, they did not do both countries, and it was up to me to do one of them.

While this process was going on, the CFRC called me last week saying I did not need 10 years as my immediate family is here and I do have 5+ years in Canada. They said that a BackCheck reference check and then an interview was all that was left to be done, and I was through. I was taken aback as my understanding was that I DID NEED 10 years of clearance, MARS being Level 3 again.

When I called them back after filling out the forms, and asked which trade my file was being processed for (because I was suspicious of the 5 and not 10 years clearance), I was informed that my file was now being processed toward Armoured, and not MARS.

Is this normal? Is it normal for the CFRC to switch processing for trades abruptly, without at least informing me, and in the middle of an ongoing security clearance process for which I have spent around $200 of my own money?

I need help on this, as this is the first time this has happened to me, and I hope the last.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

The 3 selections have no order. It simply means you are willing to do any of the given choices.
Unless stated in your interview and had Armoured removed from said list, then this is quite normal.
To answer the question regarding the "abrupt switch", it is my understanding that you may not even know what trade you are getting until an offer is made, if you go through the interview with a few choices.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

If you are still interested in MARS, make sure that your recruiting centre is clear on this point and continues your processing to include this possibility.  The actual offer will be dependent upon your final suitability for the occupations that you have asked to be considered for.  If for some reason you have been deemed ineligible or unsuitable for MARS, then they will explain that to you.

Back