• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Problem

I really can‘t see what you did wrong. The police may have arrested you merely because it isn‘t necessarily up them to determine whether what you did was illegal or not. The fact is that you did "brandish a firearm". Therefore, you are arrested. The cops weren‘t there to actually see what happened and the two thugs might have given a different story and the cops can‘t arbitrarily decide to believe one party over the other. It‘s up to the lawyers and such to discover what really happened.

Essentially, this is a huge hassle for you and is gonna cost you a bit of $. But if what you told us here is what really happened, then you more than likely won‘t have anything to worry about. (I won‘t say absolutely won‘t have to worry because the system is far from perfect. Just make sure you get a decent lawyer--not a bargain basement type.)

Dix - if you have to wait until you‘re 23, then do something with it. School or if you aren‘t certain of what you‘re interested in. Travel. Become a diver, work overseas, hang out in a bar, work on a cruise ship. The point is, don‘t think of it as wasted time, make the most of it, build yourself into a better person and when you‘re able, go for it.

All this is after the good lawyer of course :D

The whole situation is messed up, if you ask me. You‘d think the guys assaulting you and the girls would be the ones arrested...

Just remember: a charge is not a conviction. Police are required to arrest you; crown counsel makes the decision regarding a charge, but a conviction is somewhat harder to attain. Best of luck to you!

Where do you live Dixon, a small town or a City. if you live in the GTA I would be shocked. For reference, this past summer out in Brampton, this gentleman became part of home invasion. These thugs broke into his house while he and his family were there and attacked them. He fought them off managed to disarm one of the SOB‘s (I think there was like 3 or 4 of them) of the axe he was carrying, and started chasing them with it. They guy was considered a hero, by everyone including the cops. The story was in The Toronto Sun. I think you are getting royally screwed. Get a very good lawyer. You have the right to defend yourself and others in harms way.

Also just remembered in inccident in Hamilton not to far back, similar to yours, where the person used a weapon to defend himself, at his home, shot the bugger (Actually our victim shot the ground in front of the attacker. Since it was a shot gun and he was firing shot, not a slug, it ricocheted off the pavement and hit the attacker :) ) Police charged the victim and everything, but he got off.

Back