• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A great BMQ video.

Josh1r

Inactive
Reaction score
I do not know why I did not think about this earlyer, over the past couple of weeks I have been searching BMQ videos, ever since I saw the series from the Canadian Army's site. Youtube,Youtube,Youtube is all that was on my mind, I did not find anything "that great" last night I had this sudden craving to visit Google.video.ca turns out everything happens for a reason afterall.

The link is posted underneath it is a 20 minute video, so if you do not have time for it all in one shot, whats to stop you from just watching a couple of minutes, or watching it in parts.. Anyhow..

Feel free to leave your thoughts.

ENJOY  :salute:

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=8095366270300852822

The video is pretty old (look at uniforms.. some minor things have changed).. but still it's good to watch to get a basic idea what to expect on BMQ.

I have watched the video two times now and I was trying to astroproject myself into those peoples shoes, I found myself feeling all sorts of things. So I guess I am going to have to "forget" everything I know and just open my mind to being taught there way. I am willing to do it.

All i kept thinking is what a I getting into? lol. But at the end I knew I have to just give it my best. Its overwhelming to watch and take it all in. You have to remember though everyone starts somewhere and you get some time to get with it. Being yelled at is just a way of making you remember your mistakes. As my Dad told me "learn to shut up and take orders".

that video makes me think more of what am i getting myself into
but i am also willing to suck it up and learn, we are the ones who signed the papers to put ourselfs in that
position, so then that means we should be willing to do as were told for our country

CSAries89 said:
that video makes me think more of what am i getting myself into
but i am also willing to suck it up and learn, we are the ones who signed the papers to put ourselfs in that
position, so then that means we should be willing to do as were told for our country

Agreed.

Try not to stress yourself too much about it. You're never going to be put in a position where you have to do something that you haven't been shown how to do already. It will all come together and you'll look back and remark how far you've come...but also how far you still need to go. It's a never-ending journey

found another one. I'm not sure how old it is. Its from the DND site and is targeted to Res. I also found it pretty boring without music, and the narrator was kinda a snooze too. Not very motivational for some reason. I didn't watch the whole thing. :pop: if anyone downloads and watches it, you will see what I mean.

http://www.army.dnd.ca/2field_engineers/images/bmq.mpg

Night Black said:
Maybe it's because I've watched Basic Up so much, but I can't help but expect one of the Instructors to yell "DUMONT!!!!!!!!!!"

But expectations aside, It's a great video.

Hahahaha. DUMONT! Quit making googly eyes and shaking your head!

This is a movie we were shown when we were sworn in. Definitely gave some good info, and the officer performing the ceremony gave us tips like the two shave kits and doubling up on stuff in our personal case to wear so our locker would look presentable as often as possible.

the only choice you would have is to leave if you are not willing to put up their training

Yep old video for sure; helped me get through basic.

Back