• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A few questions about the Engineers

GSFDom

Inactive
Reaction score
I am currently serving in a res infantry regiment and am thinking of going reg force Engeineers. In my mind this trade would give me more applicable skills once im a civvie again. I am just wondering what i could expect in the occupational training and what to expect once im done as far as the routine for a normal day. Any other info that you  think would be usefull would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks
Dom

Hmm....
1. long hours & little thanks from those outside the Regiment.
2. a very structured way of thinking and analysing problems & problem solving
3. a lot of big toys for big boys :)  The home depot has nothing on us :)
4. Bridging, demolition, building things, demolishing things, water purification, etc, etc, etc

and

a great bunch of friends - PRICELESS!

FYI, you may like to see the Combat Diving manual for Field Engineers - http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/ael/pubs/300-006/B-GL-361/007/FP-001/B-GL-361-007-FP-001.pdf

{Moderator edit : I removed the url you put up, as i am growing increasingly tired of the fact that every post you make on here is a plug for your website}

Catamaran22, 9 posts and counting. Great Job! Why is it that every single one has a link to your website?  Not denying that it's a helpful place, but man, its starting to feel like network television with all of the commercials.

kc

Would you stop peddeling your site like a 2 bit snake doctor. And how about filling in your profile ?

GSFDom said:
I am currently serving in a res infantry regiment and am thinking of going reg force Engeineers. In my mind this trade would give me more applicable skills once im a civvie again. I am just wondering what i could expect in the occupational training and what to expect once im done as far as the routine for a normal day. Any other info that you  think would be usefull would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks
Dom

Back on topic,

Most of a Combat Engineers job does not releat to well to civi work.  But other engineer triads such as construction teck, etc. lend them selves better to civi employment.  On that note; there is a school in England for building demolitions, and the only way to get in is a) related to someone in the field b)military service as a combat engineer (other names for the US/UK) .... Things you learn from Discovery Channel  ::)

thanks guys
i looked at the combat diving pam good stuff but now i have an other question

How common are courses like this.

GSFDom said:
thanks guys
i looked at the combat diving pam good stuff but now i have an other question

How common are courses like this.

IIRC they are run yearly but spots are limited and are very competitive. You must be in top physical shape as the prelimns held at the regiments are just as hard as the course itself.

Back