• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

Europe isn't afraid of armed troops on their streets, centuries of experience ingrained into their DNA.

The other side of the Channel was also conscious of that and, as a result, was not big on standing armies.

Us and Them.

It’s very common in Europe. When I was in Italy in 2016 there were soldiers on every corner. Same with Nice in France (granted they just had that awful truck attack a few months before we went)

No one seems fazed by their presence.
I never said it would be a problem. I said it was going to be interesting.😉

Can only imagine how calm the response in Canada, and on this board, would be if Canada deployed Res F soldiers to help police deal with ordinary crime.
The Res F folks would be surprised it’s not another LENTUS?

200.gif

The US also has a lot more recent experience with armed National Guardsmen on the streets. About…say…22 and a half years ago. I would still expect some publicity about it though.

The Res F folks would be surprised it’s not another LENTUS?

200.gif

The US also has a lot more recent experience with armed National Guardsmen on the streets. About…say…22 and a half years ago. I would still expect some publicity about it though.
Yes. But this isn't about terrorism, or, going back further, civil unrest. This is about at least partial failure of the "system" that's expected to deal with ordinary crime and violence.

Waiting to see whether the NYT pitches as much of a fit over troops providing order as they did about a guest op-ed suggesting same.

The US also has a lot more recent experience with armed National Guardsmen on the streets.

Would they be armed? Story says they will be checking bags.

Context matters

It was a partial comment from 2020, taken out of context. It's only an issue to a few left leaning outlets stirring the pot. It has no legs.

Last edited:

City of peace and love votes for drug screening and more police surveillance​

San Francisco voters approved 3 new measures on Tuesday. In the Politico article it says the city pivoted rightward. What? I thought those measures sounded common sense. With this and the recent recall of DA Chesa Boudin I think people there might want a bit of common sense.
SAN FRANCISCO — The liberal bastion of San Francisco pivoted rightward in Tuesday’s election as voters responded to ongoing drug, homelessness and crime crises by approving policies that bolster police and require drug-screening for welfare recipients.
Breed responded with a slate of policy changes she said would remake the city. Besides the drug-screening requirement, she proposed expanding police officers’ authority to chase suspects and use drones and video surveillance. She also joined pro-development YIMBY advocates to back waiving a local tax for developers who convert office buildings into housing. After her proposed changes were bucked by the left-leaning Board of Supervisors, Breed took them directly to voters.

Politico Article

Context matters

It was a partial comment from 2020, taken out of context. It's only an issue to a few left leaning outlets stirring the pot. It has no legs.

Are you sure that this is the horse you want to hitch your cart to? I mean I know that for you the answer is yes, but still, holy shit dude...

There was the time he called school shooting survivors “media prosti-tots” for advocating for gun-control policies. The meme mocking a Harvey Weinstein accuser, and the other meme mocking actresses for wearing “whore dresses to protest sexual harassment.” The prediction that rising acceptance of homosexuality would lead to pedophilia and “the END of civilization as we know it”; the talk of arresting transgender people for their bathroom choice; the use of antisemitic tropes; the Facebook posts calling Hillary Clinton a “heifer” and Michelle Obama a man.

In a series of previously unreported Facebook posts, which remain publicly available, Robinson shared a quotation attributed to Adolf Hitler, compared the toppling of a Confederate statue to Kristallnacht and frequently minimized the legacy of the Holocaust while decrying the threat of communism, among other inflammatory remarks.

Issues like the right to abortion would be at stake. Robinson said last month that he would “absolutely” protect life from conception. “We got it down to 12 weeks,” he said. “The next goal is to get it down to six, and then just keep moving from there.”

Robinson has a history of controversial statements. He has described Covid-19 as a “globalist” conspiracy to destroy Donald Trump. In 2021, he criticized efforts to teach LGBTQ+ issues in sex education, referring to transgender and homosexual people as “filth”. He has also said people who are gay are equivalent to “what the cows leave behind” as well as “maggots” and “flies”.

He implied at a campaign event last month that transgender women should be arrested if they use women’s restrooms.

He once described the movie Black Panther as “created by an agnostic Jew and put to film by [a] satanic marxist”. He then said it “was only created to pull the shekels out of your Schvartze pockets”.

In 2014, he quoted Hitler on Facebook in a statement about racial pride. He defended the post in a speech last July, saying quoting the Nazi leader doesn’t equate to supporting him.

“Because you quoted Hitler, you support Hitler,” he said. “I guess every history book in America supports Hitler now. They all quote him.”

I guess my only issue with the majority of reporting on this idiot is the fact that he seems to be commonly described as a radical or an outlier. It seems pretty clear to me that he, like Donald Trump, is simply the ultimate expression of the hateful trash that the US GOP has been formenting for years, at least since they allowed Newt Gingrich to go wild on C-SPAN. Establishment Republicans are just upset that their rabid dog broke its leash with Trump, and a bunch of Mini-Mes like Marjorie Taylor Greene, Lauren Boebert, Matt Gaetz, etc have spawned since.

Joe is trying something new, Muppettomics.
I’ll tell you what — I’ll tell you who did notice: the Cookie Monster. (Laughter.) He pointed out cookies are — his cookies are getting smaller. He’s paying the same price. (Laughs.) I was stunned when I found out that’s what actually happened. (Laughter.)
WH Transcript

Are you sure that this is the horse you want to hitch your cart to? I mean I know that for you the answer is yes, but still, holy shit dude...
Probably no-one should want to "hitch" to his "cart". Point remains, though, probably no-one should "hitch" to what they think is a "gotcha" without doing a little context research first.

Another 2020 election based investigation. It took a while but I guess better late than never.

Arizona prosecutors issue grand jury subpoenas as 2020 election probe intensifies​

Prosecutors in Arizona have issued several grand jury subpoenas in recent weeks to people connected to efforts by former President Donald Trump and his allies to overturn the 2020 election in that state, according to multiple sources familiar with the matter.

CNN Link

Sometimes even SNL stumbles onto something…

I guess my only issue with the majority of reporting on this idiot is the fact that he seems to be commonly described as a radical or an outlier. It seems pretty clear to me that he, like Donald Trump, is simply the ultimate expression of the hateful trash that the US GOP has been formenting for years, at least since they allowed Newt Gingrich to go wild on C-SPAN. Establishment Republicans are just upset that their rabid dog broke its leash with Trump, and a bunch of Mini-Mes like Marjorie Taylor Greene, Lauren Boebert, Matt Gaetz, etc have spawned since.
I didn't hitch my horse anywhere. I expanded on an article that was already posted with a partial quote in order to give full context to the article. Don't let your TDS blind you to what you're really reading.

Back