• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

This is all about removing the influential opinions/voices ahead of the next election. And before anyone says “But Don Lemon!”, he hurt the establishment more than helped them.
This 99%

And 1% Lachlan tired of getting an earful at the "cool" kids dinner parties.

Almost a billion dollar drop in market shares and a loss of almost a million viewers immediately after the announcement of Carlson's departure.

But Murdoch is rich and almost dead so I doubt he cares much what happens.
Seems to be climbing now but that sort of announcement coupled with the court case would certainly cause that for sure.

As to viewership. I heard (will try to find it) that while he had a large number of viewers it did not translate to related advertisement revenue for various reasons. That ultimately may be the real reason this may have occurred. Money.

Sure. Russia's lost effective use of a good asset (I don't know if witting or unwitting, but I'm not about to credit Tucker Carlson with an abundance of wits) for a while.
He's a polemicist. There have been many before, and many will follow. And it would appear that his tactics are working, even on here.

He's a polemicist. There have been many before, and many will follow. And it would appear that his tactics are working, even on here.
I had to Google that.
But I’m not sure if I agree to using that definition for him, and his show

Controversial sure, but I don’t think he had much debating. There were segments of it, but quite often he just stated things as facts, thinks that had proven to be false (as we saw in the lawsuit).

So I think demagoguery is a better word.

But I’m not sure if I agree to using that d

I had to Google that.
But I’m not sure if I agree to using that definition for him, and his show

Controversial sure, but I don’t think he had much debating. There were segments of it, but quite often he just stated things as facts, thinks that had proven to be false (as we saw in the lawsuit).

So I think demagoguery is a better word.
A demagogue is always a political figure. A polemicist can be political, but not exclusively.

No Kevin. He is a political commentator.
I would argue that the political class includes politicians, staffers, lobby types, pollsters and political commentators and pundits. When a guy like say Sean Hannity has the president on speed dial or a guy like Tucker Carlson can get Jan 6th footage directly from the house speaker they definitely move into the political figure realm.

Actually looking a bit deeper maybe political figure is the wrong term. But political associate would be a better descriptor.

I would argue that the political class includes politicians, staffers, lobby types, pollsters and political commentators and pundits. When a guy like say Sean Hannity has the president on speed dial or a guy like Tucker Carlson can get Jan 6th footage directly from the house speaker they definitely move into the political figure realm.
You can expand the realm from political figure to political class until you reach a satisfactory conclusion that confirms your opinion. It smacks of sophistry.

I find it amusing that the level of indignation directed at "commentators" pales in comparison to the ones who wield true power. Perhaps it results from easy access to the former and not to the latter. You can vote with your remote.

You can expand the realm from political figure to political class until you reach a satisfactory conclusion that confirms your opinion. It smacks of sophistry.
Or smacks of of what it is. Don’t think for a minute that guys like Mike Duffy, Seamus O’reagan and plenty of other media types arent or weren’t part of the political class when they were mere news types. They were angling long before they became actual politicians. I see no difference here.

Or smacks of of what it is. Don’t think for a minute that guys like Mike Duffy, Seamus O’reagan and plenty of other media types arent or weren’t part of the political class when they were mere news types. They were angling long before they became actual politicians. I see no difference here.
Like the whole of the CBC.

Compare and contrast?

It is not that Establishment Authoritarians are Episcopalians, it is that Episcopalians are Authoritarian and support the "Natural Order".
Command from above.

Compare and contrast?

Did the author try to fit as many right-wing buzzwords into an op-ed as possible?

Calling Hillary Clinton a "war criminal" was a nice touch though. Not "alleged war criminal", mind you - did she get quietly indicted by the ICC?

Back