• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

3PPCLI

HOLMES_J

Inactive
Reaction score
      Anyone know how getting into 3PPCLI works? I live in Ontario and I have joined Infantry PPCLI with the main goal of getting to 3PPCLI ASAP? IF anyone could help me out it would be very helpful.

Thanks for your time

HOLMES

this has been covered in detail in other threads, and if you do a Search for it, you'll get a lot more info.
Quick an' dirty: the Regiment will send you where they need you most. You got a one in three shot at playin' with us.
You wanna improve those odds, you gotta shine in your Training to get the attention (positive type) of your staff, then, towards the end of your Battle School (should you make it that far), start firing in memos asking to come here. Have valid reasons. "I want to wear a maroon beret" is not gonna get 'er.

edited for typos. WOW! Did I mangle the Mother tongue.

Heres a better question - Why?

What is your motivation for coming to this particular unit?

I am assuming of course that you understand the implications of being in a light unit as opposed to a mechanised one, so why do you want to do it?

Just curious.

Everyone wants to go 3VP when they're in battle school because you might get the chance to jump. You might get lucky and have the entire BIQ go to 3VP. The BIQ thats goin on right now is going 1VP, the one before that went to 2nd and the one before that went to 3rd. So the regiment usually does a good job at distributing new troops evenly. The only way a memo is going to get you into 3VP right after BIQ is if you have a fiance or sick family members in Edmonton. The "valid" reason really has to be a good one.

cbt arms sub tech said:
If your going PPCLI, is 3 VP the place to be...

and

cbt arms sub tech said:
Thanks for the response, not going infantry, just curious....

???

Trying to suck up excess machismo ?

Have to say 3vp is the best place to be i served my 3 years as a 3vp and its the best of everything .. i jumped 17 times and its the trilled of a life's time !!!!!

ppcli4life said:
Have to say 3vp is the best place to be i served my 3 years as a 3vp and its the best of everything .. i jumped 17 times and its the trilled of a life's time !!!!!

Well, that's intersting for a few reasons.

1) There is no "Jaques Oulette" in the Jump Company. I know, because I'm in it.

2) The Jump Company is not, nor has it ever been in Shediac, New Brunswick.

3) Your face is on your MSN profile, and I don't know you, (we're a small company).

4) The Jump comapany is in Wx and Afghanistan right now, with the exception of the injured.

You list "army (infantry)" as an interest on your profile, so I'm going to assume that you are a reservist. Since you put your location and pic up too, you won't be hard to find.

Don't worry, I'll be in touch.  >:D  Most NCOs take a very dim view of this sort of thing.

You are a world class bull$hitter. 

Mods?

GO!!! said:
Well, that's intersting for a few reasons.

1) There is no "Jaques Oulette" in the Jump Company. I know, because I'm in it.

2) The Jump Company is not, nor has it ever been in Shediac, New Brunswick.

3) Your face is on your MSN profile, and I don't know you, (we're a small company).

4) The Jump comapany is in Wx and Afghanistan right now, with the exception of the injured.

You list "army (infantry)" as an interest on your profile, so I'm going to assume that you are a reservist. Since you put your location and pic up too, you won't be hard to find.

Don't worry, I'll be in touch.   >:D   Most NCOs take a very dim view of this sort of thing.

You are a world class bull$hitter.    

Mods?

;D Check and mate, I love these forums  ;)

I love the PM thingy here...TY Kevin   ;D

Edit: Im also working on another one... ::)

GO!!! said:

Working on it.

Mr PPCLI4LIFE - please provide GO!!! with something to backup your claims of being 3VP from the 2002-2005 timeframe.  He was there and will know who you are.  Something as simple as a section commanders name.

It's a good thing you like jumping, because the green light is on....

The beauty of life in the CF is it is a VERY small army -- and TINY with respect to the cool jobs   ;)
Reminds me of that A$$Clown who was putting up the BS website saying he was in Afghan doing patrols, and asking for care items etc etc and was a D&S Fag in Mirage...

Yes they are great, ain't they Blakey   ;)

People have to remember that a lot of people look at these forums - and the active posters have friends - quite soon there is not a nook that you can be in that cannot be ascertained - Inc the Cat1-3's at John's Trout Farm to some poor Mo rat in New Brunswick...

Case in point a young Reservist Private in 1RNBR made some careless (and extremely stupid) posts on a gunforum -- refused to admit he F'd up and a huge internet furball started -- ending with a call from one of the readers (a Patricia Sgt) to the units RSS Sgt (also a Patricia SNCO) - guess who lost   ;D

LOL owned by army.ca forums.... classic!

I love it when guys like that get found out and torn apart. I can't stand it when people BS all kinds of stuff but theres nobody around to call them on it and get them found out.

Of course he won't come back, he's probobly an 18 year old reserve piper or something.

Ahhhh justice puts me in a good mood  ;D

Whenever it is I work up the nerve to finally go reg, 3vp is where I would like to go for alot of the same reasons youve all heard before.... id like to try living out west, in a city would be nice, id love to have a go at the jump course, things of that nature.
Id also much rather light infantry as opposed to mechanized.

Reluctance to leave my own unit and all the buckets of friends I have here in it at the moment is my biggest deterrent.... ill find my way out in a few years.

2332Piper said:
I guess its even worse that I'm ending up as a Log O right? Oh the humanity.

At least the wogmasters have jobs when they get out... lucky bastards :'(

Achually first things first I was a little BSing ,to be honnest with you guys i was serving in 1vp for my 3 year contract , not 3vp ...and no i'm not a fuckin 18 year old reservist !!!! i guess i was wrong saying i was a jumper ... but shit happens either way at least i did serve as an infantier and i did do my time overseas with the 1vp ...and thats a fact !!!

2332Piper said:
Whats wrong with being an 18 year old reserve piper?
nothing. But being one, and pretending to be something else, is pathetic. It's pathetic because you show no respect for your fellows in the same trade, and it's pathetic because you have no understanding of the Army works. Anyone who signs the line is a soldier, all soldiers are part of a team. You grasped that from the start, it appears. Poser-boy doesn't. But he will soon.

I guess its even worse that I'm ending up as a Log O right? Oh the humanity.
stop being a drama-queen.

ppcli4life said:
Achually first things first I was a little BSing ,to be honnest with you guys i was serving in 1vp for my 3 year contract , not 3vp ...and no i'm not a fuckin 18 year old reservist !!!! i guess i was wrong saying i was a jumper ... but crap happens either way at least i did serve as an infantier and i did do my time overseas with the 1vp ...and thats a fact !!!
yeah? We'll see.  PM me with the names of your section commander, Sect 2IC, and PL WO.

ok Mr paracowboy   I'm not saying shit like that over the internet ....but all you need to do to prove i was in infantry , found Pte XXXXX , one of my good friends and also in the base i think now he's a hand to hand trainner or something like that .. he'll explain to you my situation !!!

Back