• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

28 Oct 06: Day of Protest Against the CF (& Canadian war crimes against an occupied people)

Well if turn out is an indicator of support either for or against the war, Calgary had approximately 100 against the war and 250 plus for supporting the troops given the figures quoted in the Calgary Herald comparing attendance at both rallies.

If they want more visable support at their little events, they better start cooking with cheese! :blotto:

"What if they gave a war and no body came?" -unknown (I think it was John Lennon, could not find it on google)

"What if they gave a War protest and nobody came?" BCbarman, looking at the empty park on the 28th.

Was at the planned Banff rally on the 28th, granted, I was 20 min late, but the park was empty.  No protesters, no tourists, no cops.  Come on, nobody???

Apathy is a good thing, if we could only get it organized.

More about the "Un-Protest"

http://www.proudtobecanadian.ca/blog/index/weblog/printer-friendly/5762/

“Thousands are expected”… especially with these radio ads I mean news spots!
Posted by Joel Johannesen

I heard about the protests on the radio over and over.  The liberal media was all over the news of the anti-war, anti-Bush, anti-Harper, anti-conservative, anti-capitalist, anti-tuition, anti-meat-eating, anti-Afghanistan-mission, anti-work, anti-intelligence protest rallies and marches “across Canada” over the weekend.  And that was BEFORE they happened. 

You see the liberal media covers events before they happen like that when they’re actually trying to help create events or support causes that support their world view and their agenda.  In contradistinction, I had to search for news of the better-attended “support our troops” rallies over the summer even after they occurred, and I found few such items. 

In the Vancouver Province (a Canwest paper), reporter Stuart Hunter wrote on Sunday, a sobering day later, that a paltry 150 people attended the big protest in a warm rain-free Vancouver.  Actually, he described it as “more than 150”—as if he couldn’t count past the enormous 150 figure, a number of people which was eclipsed by the number who attended our wedding.  But that didn’t stop Hunter from describing the scene as “a sea of placards”.  With 150 people, there’s no “sea” there.  It’s scarcely a puddle. 

Strangely, Hunter’s estimate was discarded by the Canwest reporter back east, Susan Mohammad of CanWest News Service.  Mohammad wrote that there was 500 people protesting in Vancouver.  500!  Where did Mohammad get that figure?  Well, she credits a report from… the Vancouver Province.  I’m staring at the Vancouver Province right this second.  It says 150 were there.  Not 500. 

In this picture, we see General Jack Layton, leader of the you’ve got to be kidding party, joining in with the small cabal of friends in Toronto out to score far-left political points and in the name of terrorist-appeasment and pacifist stupidity.  The picture is zoomed-in nice and tight for you by the paper’s photographer or editors to make it appear as though there are thousands of people when in truth, there’s only a few more than what’s in the picture.

Meanwhile, ten pages later in the Vancouver Province, there’s a little item about the rally in Hamilton which I didn’t know anything about prior to this, at which 6,000 people attended.  SIX THOUSAND people—all young people of war-protest age.  It was a rally in which young people came to listen to Christian music and listen to inspirational speeches that spoke of rejecting sex, drugs, and the pressures of pop culture.  It was organized by a group called Teen Mania Ministries.

Sorry, there were no pictures.  And I’ll bet there were “more than” 6,000 people. 
Posted by Joel Johannesen on 10/30/06 at 09:09 AM

Zell_Dietrich said:
I live not to far from University Ave where the "protest" was.  From my experience if there were less than a thousand people on the street in front of the consulate in the middle of the day it is “easy walking”. This is the city where two thousand people will show up just to be outside Much Music when a Christmas tree is being thrown from the building. The NDP membership in Toronto Center is 2000+ and in Trinity /Spadina they have comparable numbers. (plus the other ridings that are nearby)   It means that they couldn’t even get out 20% of their card carrying members that live within a 30 minute walk of the event!

This is an letter to the editor just aching to be sent.

I caught a bid of the Kingston protest on the TV tonight.  Maybe fifty people walking down the street with the chant “support our troops bring them home” and “Stop the racist war!”  Maybe they could support the troops by not suggesting we are all racists.

I saw those clowns when I was wondering to the KBC - it was a very small crowd.  They were but a cigarette butt on the sidewalk of life.

MM

Read this crosspost about the sort of people who attend the rallies: http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/52126/post-472206.html#msg472206

MCG said:
... Maybe fifty people walking down the street with the chant ... “Stop the racist war!” ...

WTF?

Proof of extra-terrestrials for sure, I mean, somebody would have to be from another planet to equate this thing with racism... the mind boggles...

Back