• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

23 INF Applicants Anticipating Fall Selection Board

Are you a 23 INF applicant expecting that your paper work will be through Borden in time for the fal

• Nope. Medical probably won't be through Borden yet.

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Nope. Medical probably won't be through Borden yet.

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters

Joe Blow

Inactive
Reaction score
60 DEO 23 INF positions open for FY 04/05 and 41 of them filled and scheduled for St. Jean in Sept.  (Thank-you Kincanuks. http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/32021.0.html 

Lucky sons of...  anyway, if I understand correctly, that leaves 19 positions open for the rest of the world this FY. 

I'm pretty sure my paperwork will be through Borden (it's there now) in time for the Fall selection board.  So how about it?  Who else is out there? 

I was just wondering what the numbers might look like ..but feel free to use this thread for a friendly 'scoping out' of the competition.  ;D

I have my paperwork in right now but there still processing it. I am gettinga hold of them monday to see whats up. My chances are pretty slim and next to none on getting in BMQ this year but Im still going to try. I just need to have everything done by Sept 5/05.

Thats not too many postions . Still crossing my Fingerss.

Hi There -

My chances are pretty slim and next to none on getting in BMQ this year but Im still going to try. I just need to have everything done by Sept 5/05.

We're talking about Infantry Officer positions, yes?  Ask your recruiting centre, but my understanding is that the next selection board is in the Fall for intake at St. Jean in January.  So, I think all of us who are not going in Sept. are SOL for this year.  :-[

I agree, looks like theres a difference between DEO 23 Inf and the 3 NCM Infantry regiments that, as far as I know, have 600+ open positions right now. I applied for NCM infantry so im not in direct competition with you Joe.

Keep your heads up

Question - Im waiting for erc and medical to come back from borden
am I merit listed?? At what point does one become merit listed?

If all goes well then hopefully my medical file and all other necessary paperwork will be processed in time for the fall boards. Then, god willing, I will be off to IAP/BOTC in January/Feb. I have completed all my paperwork, interview, physical and just have my fitness test to do on the 27th of July. Good luck to everyone, work hard and keep your heads up.

I don't know if those are the only courses, but they are the two that I know about.  I hope there is a third in there somewhere.  If I miss out on January I would hate to have to wait until Sept. 06.  :-\

EDIT:
Found this - Officer candidates (Initial Assessment Period & Basic Officer Training Period) 1200 pers. per year.
http://www.cflrs.forces.gc.ca/english/us/about_e.asp

600 Officer candidates per course sounds like a lot to me  The graduation parade looks dramatically smaller than that in a video I have (got it from this forum ..will try to find the thread) ..but frankly, what do I know?

So those 19 DEO Infantry Officer positions left, are those for the Novemeber selection and subsequent BOTC in Jan 2006?  Or is the 19 still to be chosen for Sept BOTC?

Does anyone know how many they will be taking in for 2006?
Thanks,
Bryce

So those 19 DEO Infantry Officer positions left, are those for the Novemeber selection and subsequent BOTC in Jan 2006?

..That was my understanding, but I encourage correction if anyone knows better.

19 Infantry spots available for the November boards - those selected will be attending St Jean in January.

You may be boarded, which means your file was deemed suitable but you were out of the running for a spot, in which case your file will wait for the May06 boards (and, being a DEO, a Sept 06 BOTC).  Or, you might be deemed unsuitable and sent packing.

This should be how it works, judging from what kincanucks has said on numerous occasions.

Clear as mud?

Does anyone know how many people apply for DEO infantry officer?  I bet there will be some serious competition for those last 19 spots unless there are only 19 people applying. 

By the way, on what criteria are they judging what makes a good DEO infantry officer.

You may be boarded, which means your file was deemed suitable but you were out of the running for a spot, in which case your file will wait for the May06 boards (and, being a DEO, a Sept 06 BOTC).  Or, you might be deemed unsuitable and sent packing.

This should be how it works, judging from what kincanucks has said on numerous occasions.

Clear as mud?

Nice.  Thanks Infanteer.  So, three possibilities (if I understand correctly)::

1) "Hi.  Welcome aboard.  Get ready for Jan '06 BOTC."
2) 'Boarded' (/waitlisted?) ..Meaning suitable but not competitive for the number for position available, and will be reevaluated for the next board.
3) "Sorry.  Not a good fit.  See you in the streets."

We should get a call one way or the other... to quote the mighty kincanuks:

Results are usually, hopefully, out a couple of weeks after the last board and will detail who was selected, who was waitlisted and who was not selected.  The CFRC/Ds will contact everyone in due time.
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/30561/post-213770.html#msg213770

Back