• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2023 UCP Alberta election

Lol this one's got you fired up eh ?

It's a good article, in normal Rex fashion is wordy and fun. He's predicting.

Time will tell.

I can't wait for this one to roll out. It should be... Interesting.
It’s simply disappointing. I don’t always agree with what he says, but I respect what he brings to the table, and I expected better than this.

I used to enjoy reading Rex’s columns and seeing him on TV. But over the last few years between Trump and COVID something broke his brain, much like other columnists I used to enjoy reading. It’s sad to see writers I used to respect writing stuff designed for outrage and clicks.

I used to enjoy reading Rex’s columns and seeing him on TV. But over the last few years between Trump and COVID something broke his brain, much like other columnists I used to enjoy reading. It’s sad to see writers I used to respect writing stuff designed for outrage and clicks.
Some journalists deliver news, others offer commentary. Both are important. The market demand for both has shifted, however, and I think that commentary has to ‘work harder’ to sell as well, to attract the reader. Not always to the betterment of quality.

Some journalists deliver news, others offer commentary. Both are important. The market demand for both has shifted, however, and I think that commentary has to ‘work harder’ to sell as well, to attract the reader. Not always to the betterment of quality.
Rex Murphy is more on the commentary side of things. I generally like his commentary but of late he’s been a bit…off.

As to his latest article, I’m not terribly shocked as he has been very pro oil sand development and has been paid for various speaking engagements by that same industry.

AB is still affordable…relatively speaking.
Eeeeeehhhhh… 😬😕

In comparison with other overpriced bubbles in Canada, I suppose so.

But you should be able to get a home out in the burbs where you can raise a family in a safe, family friendly community for less than $400,000+

As the interest rate drifts higher, I fear most people won’t be able to afford their homes anymore. Even a 1% increase is a huge difference in the monthly payment, and that’s money people just don’t have now that everyone is taxed to the extreme…

So there may be a ton of foreclosures coming up, but I suppose they’ll be the case everywhere

~140k O&G workers in Alberta are about to be unemployed.
Good thing we have an election coming up in the spring, and a country that can’t wait for this treasonous bastard to go for the long walk out into the (frozen) desert.

But back to the topic (woo-sa, woooo-sa…) I’m pretty sure the world still needs oil, like big time.

Despite what JT & Freeland may think, almost every product made on the planet has oil byproducts in it somewhere. (Or the machines used to manufacture those products do.)

If 140k people are about to be out of work, that’s 140k people that won’t be paying income taxes, or spending money paying GST, etc

I know JT doesn’t give a crap about any of us, but he does like to spend…that’s 140k people that won’t be paying taxes…

Good thing we have an election coming up in the spring, and a country that can’t wait for this treasonous bastard to go for the long walk out into the (frozen) desert.

But back to the topic (woo-sa, woooo-sa…) I’m pretty sure the world still needs oil, like big time.

Despite what JT & Freeland may think, almost every product made on the planet has oil byproducts in it somewhere. (Or the machines used to manufacture those products do.)

If 140k people are about to be out of work, that’s 140k people that won’t be paying income taxes, or spending money paying GST, etc

I know JT doesn’t give a crap about any of us, but he does like to spend…that’s 140k people that won’t be paying taxes…
JT only wants to save the world from Canadian oil & gas, he is fine with everyone else extracting and refining O & G and shipping it everywhere.

Eeeeeehhhhh… 😬😕

In comparison with other overpriced bubbles in Canada, I suppose so.

But you should be able to get a home out in the burbs where you can raise a family in a safe, family friendly community for less than $400,000+

As the interest rate drifts higher, I fear most people won’t be able to afford their homes anymore. Even a 1% increase is a huge difference in the monthly payment, and that’s money people just don’t have now that everyone is taxed to the extreme…

So there may be a ton of foreclosures coming up, but I suppose they’ll be the case everywhere
In BC the 3 big projects are 80% done, that's some 15,000 workers who will be out of a job in a few years and very little on the horizon thanks to JT.

In BC the 3 big projects are 80% done, that's some 15,000 workers who will be out of a job in a few years and very little on the horizon thanks to JT.
He only (pretends to) care(s) about the middle class, so fortunately for him, they won’t be middle class after they’ve lost their jobs, so ethically (because he thinks about that factor) he will no longer need to care for them…

He only (pretends to) care(s) about the middle class, so fortunately for him, they won’t be middle class after they’ve lost their jobs, so ethically (because he thinks about that factor) he will no longer need to care for them…
I know that probably makes sense to him…

But where oh where will the government get money to pay for his idiotic ways, when nobody is paying income tax or GST? 🤨

I know that probably makes sense to him…

But where oh where will the government get money to pay for his idiotic ways, when nobody is paying income tax or GST? 🤨
I honestly think he doesn’t care because it will be someone else’s problem and he has his trust fund to live off…

Looks like a backtrack. I’m sure some supporters won’t be too happy.

I suspect someone explained to her what ‘obstruction’ means.

If she wants to see this issue handled differently, she can attempt to legislate.

Can provincial premiers grant pardons for people like American governors can? Or did Smith realize that she was talking out of her ass again.

Back