• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2023 UCP Alberta election

Moving closer and closer to separation..

I do not have the official title of this about-to-be presented legislation. In the happy event it has not yet been determined, I can offer this perfectly realistic one: An Act to Inspire, Lubricate, and in all other manners Facilitate the Separation of Alberta from Confederation .

Simple theory: Liberals don't need Alberta to win Parliament; every politician needs at least one whipping boy to rile up voters and to use as a distraction when the politician sees a spotlight coming his way.

Simple theory: Liberals don't need Alberta to win Parliament; every politician needs at least one whipping boy to rile up voters and to use as a distraction when the politician sees a spotlight coming his way.
Imagine how easy it would be to win if they took Alberta off the table.

So basically Rex is ranting utterly devoid of any detail on just what this potential legislation will propose. I’ll wait for actual information on what if anything this alleged legislation will do before I get worked up.

So basically Rex is ranting utterly devoid of any detail on just what this potential legislation will propose. I’ll wait for actual information on what if anything this alleged legislation will do before I get worked up.
What if Mercedes Stephenson said it was a comin’?

Rex better be careful, he'll be the next one to get "Don Cherry'd" or "Peterson'd"...

Rex better be careful, he'll be the next one to get "Don Cherry'd" or "Peterson'd"...
I think Rex Murphy is to Justin Trudeau as Girkhin Strelkov is to Vladimir Putin…

I think Rex Murphy is to Justin Trudeau as Girkhin Strelkov is to Vladimir Putin…
In what way? That he might be protected by high ranking folks who arn't fond of JT?

What if Mercedes Stephenson said it was a comin’?

Mercedes Stephenson wouldn't waste our time until she had done the digging to give some factual substance. It doesn't appear that she or Global have published anything on this as of yet.

My issue here isn't Rex himself, it's that he's trying to stoke whatever it is he's trying to stoke without offering any facts or evidence that an intelligent reader can use to make up their own mind. He's writing about a legislative boogeyman that, as of yet, he cannot or will not describe the form or substance of.

In what way? That he might be protected by high ranking folks who arn't fond of JT?
Saying unpopular/counter-theme messages but not (overtly) censured.

Rex has been around a long time. He's not one to go around half cocked. I haven't read the article, but I would probably tend to side with his inside knowledge and almost unfailing gut reactions.

Rex has been around a long time. He's not one to go around half cocked. I haven't read the article, but I would probably tend to side with his inside knowledge and almost unfailing gut reactions.
I have read the article, and he presents nothing more than he believes a piece of legislation is coming that, as near as I can piece together, has to do with helping workers to transition from one field to another. He presents is at Alberta getting fucked dry by the feds on this specific thing, but presents nothing to back it up. So either he doesn’t know, which would make this very sloppy journalism, or he does know but won’t tell, which also makes this sloppy journalism. I’d expect this from someone like Ezra Levant; not a long-standing and reputable columnist like Rex.

I have read the article, and he presents nothing more than he believes a piece of legislation is coming that, as near as I can piece together, has to do with helping workers to transition from one field to another. He presents is at Alberta getting fucked dry by the feds on this specific thing, but presents nothing to back it up. So either he doesn’t know, which would make this very sloppy journalism, or he does know but won’t tell, which also makes this sloppy journalism. I’d expect this from someone like Ezra Levant; not a long-standing and reputable columnist like Rex.

From the article:

National Resources Minister Jonathan Wilkinson plans to introduce “just transition” legislation early this year to help workers in the oil and gas sector move into green energy jobs. Help?

First paragraph.

So I assume you'll take your crow cooked through when this gets pushed forward ?

If there is one province this government has "fucked dry" (your words) it's Alberta.

From the article

National Resources Minister Jonathan Wilkinson plans to introduce “just transition” legislation early this year to help workers in the oil and gas sector move into green energy jobs. Help?

First paragraph.
Yes. And that’s not anything approaching the level of detail needed to justify the screeching tone of the editorial. The need to help workers transition from older industrial sectors into newer ones has been apparent for a long time, and it’s appropriate for the feds to take leadership. But nothing he says substantiates anything approaching some sort of attack on Alberta. It’s sloppy and incendiary.

~140k O&G workers in Alberta are about to be unemployed.

Yes. And that’s not anything approaching the level of detail needed to justify the screeching tone of the editorial. The need to help workers transition from older industrial sectors into newer ones has been apparent for a long time, and it’s appropriate for the feds to take leadership. But nothing he says substantiates anything approaching some sort of attack on Alberta. It’s sloppy and incendiary.

Lol this one's got you fired up eh ?

It's a good article, in normal Rex fashion is wordy and fun. He's predicting.

Time will tell.

~140k O&G workers in Alberta are about to be unemployed.

I can't wait for this one to roll out. It should be... Interesting.

Back