• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2022 CPC Leadership Discussion: Et tu Redeux

revolving door library GIF by University of Florida

You could dig up Ralph Klein's moldering corpse and he'd beat Trudledum.

Well that was stupid. Anything that drags the CPC back to SoCon will only help the Liberals. Although this will be a bit of a rug-pull out from under the PPC, and that’s inherently amusing.

Now, pay close attention to which names are not floated for interim leader. Under the CPC constitution, an interim cannot be selected as the substantive. It’s a codified caretaker role.

Pierre Poilievre’s name has not been mention that I’ve seen. I’d say he’s an obvious high profile candidate for leader. Who else?

Well that was stupid. Anything that drags the CPC back to SoCon will only help the Liberals. Although this will be a bit of a rug-pull out from under the PPC, and that’s inherently amusing.

Now, pay close attention to which names are not floated for interim leader. Under the CPC constitution, an interim cannot be selected as the substantive. It’s a codified caretaker role.

Pierre Poilievre’s name has not been mention that I’ve seen. I’d say he’s an obvious high profile candidate for leader. Who else?
Someone could approach Rona Ambrose unless she's busy. Or Peter McKay.

JFC - so just because the Republicans down here can't get along, the CPC decided to immolate itself?

JFC - so just because the Republicans down here can't get along, the CPC decided to immolate itself?

Seems like a strange sense of timing with Trudeau on the ropes during the Freedom convoy.

Maybe on the canvass or TKO with Covid.

Poilievre has a pretty punchable kind of face, and has made a reputation as an attack dog who pumps up the rhetoric and 'us vs them' type politics. May be popular with a portion of the base but would be an awful leader if the intention is to actually win.

A Paul Martin type would probably be the best thing they could do, but someone fiscally responsible with a steady hand to guide the economy doesn't seem to be in the cards at all.

The Manitoba wing of the Conservatives are just as fragmented. The leader is a multi millionaire and she just disciplined one of her MLAs for meeting with the convoy.

Poilievre has a pretty punchable kind of face, and has made a reputation as an attack dog who pumps up the rhetoric and 'us vs them' type politics. May be popular with a portion of the base but would be an awful leader if the intention is to actually win.

That’s my impression too. If you’re not a Tory, you probably find him annoying. Personally, I like his pointedness in the HoC, but his rhetoric outside is over the top. Cuddling up to the Tantrum on the Hill won’t endear him to the persuadables in Suburbia.

45. Would still be the 3rd largest party in parliament.

Back