• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2022 CPC Leadership Discussion: Et tu Redeux

The CPC couldn't keep that COA secret. Someone would out the idea to propel their own self interests.

Or this:

I don't think any federal party plays a long game like that.

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

Putting on my tin foil hat now...

And I have postulated this before...

What if the CPC is purposefully throwing elections now ? Leave JT and team in place, eventually their bed will be so full of shit they wont be able to lay in it anymore and completely destroy the Liberal Party.
It's possible that some are actively engaged counter to the national interest. There's probably others that are just indifferent. I think any vast conspiracy is a stretch though. They just aren't what Canadians want to elect currently.

It’s pretty much a Unitary system by all accounts.

Main Land Taiwan and island of Taiwan maybe lol.

Not sure I would say he’s popular. But the opposition is a mess. Teachers hate him, health care workers hate him. His pandemic response approval rating is mixed.

But…

On that ...
Ontario Premier Doug Ford says he has no intention to run for leadership of the federal Conservative party if Erin O’Toole loses a caucus vote that’s expected to happen Wednesday.
70c8fc80

At a press conference in Ajax, Ont., on Tuesday, Ford was asked by a reporter whether he has any plans to run if a federal Conservative leadership contest is held in the near future, or anytime in the next few years.

“No, I have my hands full. I love being premier of this province,” Ford said in response ...
Unless we apply the Kemlin Rule, of course ...
KremlinRuleDenial.JPG

One thing the Tories have to contend with is that many low-information voters (not a pejorative, but most people don’t pay attention to this stuff) assume the Liberals are a “centrist” party as opposed to a brokerage party. They think by voting Liberal, they split the difference between the far left and the kooky right.

It doesn’t help the situation when the Tories actually go into kooky right territory because that is what their membership demands.

Which leads me to think of how a long time ago, it was common for regular folk to be members of any political party. But now with the decline in political party membership, those that remain are passionate ideological activists, which turn off most people. Reminds me of a quote “…something something, the worst are full of passion…” or something like that.

Don't entertain oddball ideas about "conspiracy" where "self-organizating behaviour" (people following their own paths) will do.

CPC defectors are starting to sound like "NeverTrump Lite" - purists who claim to be conservative but will not tolerate anything except their own brand of conservativism with them in control, so they end up supporting some other party (de facto tolerating everything in that party, oddly enough) or withdrawing entirely.

Again: there are not enough ridings in Canada that would elect so-con candidates for so-con candidates to form a so-con parliamentary majority within a CPC parliamentary majority. Talk of SSM rollback and abortion legislation is overwrought hand-wringing about something that can not happen.

The CPC does have to police its ranks; the rules of politics/media are that wingnut progressives get a pass and wingnut conservatives are closely scrutinized. The same applies to trivial "gotcha" bullsh!t scandals. The leader of the CPC has to ignore the petty pitfalls of other parties' MPs, police his own, and stick to policy.

As long as "Orange Man Bad" sentiments that inundated our country, strangely enough, for a few years lingers, a conservative won't get elected dog catcher within 100 miles of most urban centres in Canada. Conservative=Trump thought is prevalent with the younguns and the groovy urbanites.

As long as "Orange Man Bad" sentiments that inundated our country, strangely enough, for a few years lingers, a conservative won't get elected dog catcher within 100 miles of most urban centres in Canada. Conservative=Trump thought is prevalent with the younguns and the groovy urbanites.
Certainly a valid point. It does not help when some CPC members try to link themselves to the trump train though.

Don't entertain oddball ideas about "conspiracy" where "self-organizating behaviour" (people following their own paths) will do.

CPC defectors are starting to sound like "NeverTrump Lite" - purists who claim to be conservative but will not tolerate anything except their own brand of conservativism with them in control, so they end up supporting some other party (de facto tolerating everything in that party, oddly enough) or withdrawing entirely.

Again: there are not enough ridings in Canada that would elect so-con candidates for so-con candidates to form a so-con parliamentary majority within a CPC parliamentary majority. Talk of SSM rollback and abortion legislation is overwrought hand-wringing about something that can not happen.

The CPC does have to police its ranks; the rules of politics/media are that wingnut progressives get a pass and wingnut conservatives are closely scrutinized. The same applies to trivial "gotcha" bullsh!t scandals. The leader of the CPC has to ignore the petty pitfalls of other parties' MPs, police his own, and stick to policy.
The don't worry, the other parties +moderate Conservatives will prevent the worst impulses of the CPC is not the selling point you think it is.

I will preface this "theory" by saying that I have a relative and an acquaintance who own shares in Alcan and a hat factory.

They claim that prior to the last CPC leadership contest that Ambrose was quietly encouraged by "The Laurentien Elite" to keep her from running - and likely winning - the CPC leadership and then contesting the next election against Trudeau. She was to have received as much as $10M to step away from the CPC permanently.

I've also been told that recycled tinfoil which still has some mustard on it is best for blocking certain brainwave sensor frequencies. Apparently it's the No. 6 yellow food colouring that's the key.

I think she honestly wanted to spend more time with her family and she did great service keeping the wheels on the wagon, so no one should be dissing her for ‘abandoning’ the CoC.

That said, if the Alcan cap crowd was right, isn’t that a federal offense to tamper with an election?

MPs opposed to O'Toole's leadership have collected enough signatures — 35 so far — to hold a secret ballot on his future Wednesday, sources have told CBC News.

A vote by 50 per cent plus one of the 119 sitting Conservative MPs calling on O'Toole to step down would force him to make way for an interim leader immediately. Sources tell CBC News that O'Toole's caucus opponents believe they have the necessary votes, with at least 60 MPs agreeing that he has to go
I wonder if O'Toole could convince the 50-59 MPs that support him to go make their own Party.

I think she honestly wanted to spend more time with her family and she did great service keeping the wheels on the wagon, so no one should be dissing her for ‘abandoning’ the CoC.

That said, if the Alcan cap crowd was right, isn’t that a federal offense to tamper with an election?
Yes, I can only imagine the thorough and exhaustive investigation the govt would initiate. 🤣

Yes, I can only imagine the thorough and exhaustive investigation the govt would initiate. 🤣
Could also have gone with “😢“ but wanted to look on the bright side of life…

If you want to spend time with your family you don’t become a special consultant and help the minister of foreign affairs with the NAFTA deal or join an e cigarette company’s board of directors lol. She’s probably enjoy more control I r her life though not having to campaign or travel anymore. Good for her. I always liked her.

If you want to spend time with your family you don’t become a special consultant and help the minister of foreign affairs with the NAFTA deal or join an e cigarette company’s board of directors lol. She’s probably enjoy more control I r her life though not having to campaign or travel anymore. Good for her. I always liked her.
You sure as heck do!

Higher pay rate and less time on the clock.

I highly doubt the Alcan Crew are even remotely right in this instance. That being said, S. 497.5 and 497.6 of the Canada Elections Act govern leadership races and, specifically, leadership candidates. Dissuading someone from running before they declare their candidacy is not an offence under the Act.

Back