• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2022 CPC Leadership Discussion: Et tu Redeux

Irrelevant. It’s a political calculation on his part not a moral one.

Not everyone wants to be groomed by that cult. Seeing half-naked dudes or men fulfilling their sexual fantasies by dressing like women isn’t on everyone’s bucket list.

Not everyone wants to be groomed by that cult. Seeing half-naked dudes or men fulfilling their sexual fantasies by dressing like women isn’t on everyone’s bucket list.

That's off side.

Red Card No GIF by Bouygues Telecom

That’s some pretty broad-brush painting. Which “cult”, specifically, are you referring to?

That’s some pretty broad-brush painting. Which “cult”, specifically, are you referring to?

Being against pride events doesn't mean you're anti-gay or a bigot. These events are increasingly boycotted, even more so, by the LGB community itself, they flat out say its embarrassing and sends the wrong perception and message. Why do we even celebrate pride for an entire month? Do we celebrate Jewish history month? Indigenous history month? Women's rights history month? Why is pride specifically so important? Veterans only get one day, but being part of the aphabet club is a month-long celebration? Government is spending $1.5 million in taxpayer funds for "security" for the pride parade, did they provide the same security for the truck convoy protesters? Other major protests? Different ideologies, but why is one more valid than the other?

I fully support PP for not wanting to participate in these events.

Being against pride events doesn't mean you're anti-gay or a bigot. These events are increasingly boycotted, even more so, by the LGB community itself, they flat out say its embarrassing and sends the wrong perception and message. Why do we even celebrate pride for an entire month? Do we celebrate Jewish history month? Indigenous history month? Women's rights history month? Why is pride specifically so important? Veterans only get one day, but being part of the aphabet club is a month-long celebration? Government is spending $1.5 million in taxpayer funds for "security" for the pride parade, did they provide the same security for the truck convoy protesters? Other major protests? Different ideologies, but why is one more valid than the other? I fully support PP for not wanting to participate in these events.

Season. It's not day, week, or even month now. It's season.

Too far.

Season. It's not day, week, or even month now. It's season.

Too far.

but wait, there is more!

snipssscharts.PNG

No wonder people are becoming more hostile and less tolerant of these different groups, this stuff is being rammed down their throats (no pun intended).

Being against pride events doesn't mean you're anti-gay or a bigot. These events are increasingly boycotted, even more so, by the LGB community itself, they flat out say its embarrassing and sends the wrong perception and message. Why do we even celebrate pride for an entire month? Do we celebrate Jewish history month? Indigenous history month? Women's rights history month? Why is pride specifically so important? Veterans only get one day, but being part of the aphabet club is a month-long celebration? Government is spending $1.5 million in taxpayer funds for "security" for the pride parade, did they provide the same security for the truck convoy protesters? Other major protests? Different ideologies, but why is one more valid than the other?

I fully support PP for not wanting to participate in these events.
Jewish History Month is May.
Indigenous History month is June
Women’s month is October.

Why does pride month bother you so much yet the others don’t?

This makes you more hostile and less tolerant?

Why does security need to be increased in these events year after year?

Why does pride month bother you so much yet the others don’t?

Why do we need months celebrating different groups, races or religions? Bigotry and racism will never go away until we stop talking about it.

Why does security need to be increased in these events year after year?
Do I really need to explain that? You answered the question when you said that those events make some people, hostile. Why should it make them hostile? And what does that say about them if having a day, week or month spurs them to be hostile?
Why do we need months celebrating different groups, races or religions? Bigotry and racism will never go away until we stop talking about it.
Wrong.

I ask again, why does this bother you? The fact that you used a word like “Cult” tells me that this indeed needs more talking about.

You can't have a discussion about these things without some people always trying to get a "Gotcha, look we got a racist!" moment when you disagree.

Simple fact is, some things are taken too far. Live and let live is a concept that needs revitalizing but it goes both ways.

Simple fact is, some things are taken too far. Live and let live is a concept that needs revitalizing but it goes both ways.
the fact is that for decades if not centuries these groups were subjected to “things taken too far”.

Letting them celebrate a month a week or day is no big deal.

I ask again, why does this bother you? The fact that you used a word like “Cult” tells me that this indeed needs more talking about.

The only issue I have with this is it actually DOES affect us all, right down to fiscal or monetary policy of the government. I'm not okay with government giving $1.5m of my taxes towards security for these things, they can fund it themselves. Homosexual people have the same rights as anyone else, however, the massive industrial complex around gay rights can't be left with nothing to do. Out of self-preservation, those now massive organizations/movements rotated their focus onto other groups ("trans" "non-binary" etc). They invented a market of victims out of thin air in record time and our social constructs ensured that there would be a line-up of newly minted oppressed people. The alphabet of "victims" is slowly increasing letters and symbols.

Right.

Just a reminder that the Trudeau liberals are in power.

. . . Government is spending $1.5 million in taxpayer funds for "security" for the pride parade, did they provide the same security for the truck convoy protesters? Other major protests? . . .

$55 million — What the city says it took the Ottawa Police Service to address the demonstration. The figure is based on a draft funding request prepared for Public Safety Canada.

$4.4 million — Ottawa Police Service costs to manage the “Rolling Thunder” protest that descended on the city’s downtown for a weekend in late April, raising concerns about a possible repeat of February.

$8.1 million — How much convoy-related demonstrations near Parliament Hill on Canada Day cost police in Ottawa, who increased the overall security presence in anticipation of their arrival.

This reminds me of a couple Thomas Sowell quotes:

"Racism is not dead, but it is on life support. Kept alive by politicians, race hustlers, and people who get a sense of superiority by denouncing others as 'racists'" - same can be said for the LGBQT issue.

"When people get used to preferential treatment, equal treatment seems like discrimination."

$55 million — What the city says it took the Ottawa Police Service to address the demonstration. The figure is based on a draft funding request prepared for Public Safety Canada.

$4.4 million — Ottawa Police Service costs to manage the “Rolling Thunder” protest that descended on the city’s downtown for a weekend in late April, raising concerns about a possible repeat of February.

$8.1 million — How much convoy-related demonstrations near Parliament Hill on Canada Day cost police in Ottawa, who increased the overall security presence in anticipation of their arrival.

These are figures what cost the cities after the fact for security, they didn’t offer this cash to hold these events.

They say "Pride Toronto" brings a lot of money into the city's economy.

Toronto's Pride Week A Rainbow-Coloured Cash Cow​

This Is Now Arguably More Important To Toronto Than Pro Sports

No wonder people are becoming more hostile and less tolerant of these different groups, this stuff is being rammed down their throats (no pun intended).
...are you suggesting that "people" are less tolerant than when it was actually illegal, and people could be fired from their jobs (like the CAF), openly harassed, or worse?

Bigotry and racism will never go away until we stop talking about it.
Excuse me what? When people stop talking about it and learning from the past is when stuff like this comes back up.

Back