• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2020 In Service Selection Commissioning Competitions (CFRP, UTPNCM, SCP, CEOTP)

I can verify that UTPNCM offers are being sent out. I was happily surprised to receive mine via DWAN and personal e-mail this Am.

Cheers,

I'm hoping they send out the UTPNCM offers first, and then CEOTP.

Reason being, there's probably candidates that applied for both UTPNCM and CEOTP, so if anyone refuses their UTPNCM, they would have to fill that spot with someone who was going to get a CEOTP offer. So they'll hold back from sending the CEOTP offers out until the UTPNCM go out.

Maybe???

I just spoke to the BPSO in Halifax.

She asked me where I applied for school, I told her Athabasca, and she said something about not using Seneca College anymore because it turned out not to be that great. I said, “isn’t that for external applicants?” And she said “nope!” She also said she hasn’t heard or seen anything about CEOTP-internal not sending offers out and that UTPNCM offers have just started to roll out.

Fingers crossed.

Drallib said:
I just spoke to the BPSO in Halifax.

She asked me where I applied for school, I told her Athabasca, and she said something about not using Seneca College anymore because it turned out not to be that great. I said, “isn’t that for external applicants?” And she said “nope!” She also said she hasn’t heard or seen anything about CEOTP-internal not sending offers out and that UTPNCM offers have just started to roll out.

Fingers crossed.

Indeed fingers crossed.

S.A.W. said:
I can verify that UTPNCM offers are being sent out. I was happily surprised to receive mine via DWAN and personal e-mail this Am.

Cheers,

Congrats! What trade?

I applied ACSO UTPNCM and CEOTP and am losing my mind waiting for an answer(offer/rejection). I was informed that there are 4 spots utp with 7 applicants ( including myself ) and CEOTP has 2 with 6 applicants (including myself). This whole not knowing if the other applicants also applied to other trades / programs is hard on the confidence. i.e. if someone had applied ACSO but also pilot and gets pilot that ACSO applicant is now gone from ACSO competition, or someone refuses an offer.

I feel it would help the members see the remaining spots available during the competition as they are filled. Sucks having to wait for a final rejection message and I sincerely feel for anyone else in that situation. Im sure most of us have been ravaging  the internet for anyone whom received a message to do our own mental stock taking of final spots. The unknowing is definitely stressful!

I just hope we all get what we’ve applied for !

hitchy_11 said:
I applied ACSO UTPNCM and CEOTP and am losing my mind waiting for an answer(offer/rejection). I was informed that there are 4 spots utp with 7 applicants ( including myself ) and CEOTP has 2 with 6 applicants (including myself). This whole not knowing if the other applicants also applied to other trades / programs is hard on the confidence. i.e. if someone had applied ACSO but also pilot and gets pilot that ACSO applicant is now gone from ACSO competition, or someone refuses an offer.

I feel it would help the members see the remaining spots available during the competition as they are filled. Sucks having to wait for a final rejection message and I sincerely feel for anyone else in that situation. Im sure most of us have been ravaging  the internet for anyone whom received a message to do our own mental stock taking of final spots. The unknowing is definitely stressful!

I just hope we all get what we’ve applied for !

Hey where did you get those numbers from?

Nobody has been able to tell me how many applied to pilot CEOTP and UTPNCM and how many slots there are officially. Numbers varies between sources.

I just got my UTPNCM offer for pilot, it was sent to my civvie email but not DWAN. I'll be going to U of Regina in the fall to get an Applied Math degree. Good luck to everyone that's still waiting, I hope you find out soon.

AVStech541 said:
I just got my UTPNCM offer for pilot, it was sent to my civvie email but not DWAN. I'll be going to U of Regina in the fall to get an Applied Math degree. Good luck to everyone that's still waiting, I hope you find out soon.

That’s awesome, congrats and good luck in the future!  I applied to UTP / CEOTP Pilot as well.

Congrats on the offers! Really hoping CEOTP offers will still come out.

Roger123 said:
What is the difference between CEOTP and UTPNCM?

CEOTP is the Continuing Education Officer Training Plan
reference:  DAOD 5002-6

UTPNCM is the University Training Plan for Non-Commissioned Members
reference: DAOD 5002-9

CEOTP individuals go to Seneca intermittent with pilot training while UTPNCM does 4 years of University before stepping foot inside an aircraft( akin to RMC) ?

Roger123 said:
What is the difference between CEOTP and UTPNCM?

Kratz has the technical details, the TL:DR version is CEOTP means you do your degree online while serving as an officer (typically NCMs who do this already have some university credits/college diploma) and UTPNCM means you go to school and get your degree first before you're employed fully as an officer.

Someone in the actual pilot stream could confirm details, but in Sigs CEOTPs are sent to their training schools right away similar to a DEO as they're not constrained by an academic year. UTPNCMs complete training as required in their summers much like RMC cadets.

Thanks for clearly up the general differences between the 2. Good luck to everyone currently waiting for offers and congratulations to those you have received their offers. I can attest to the difficult times and uncertainty of waiting on the outside.

I'm going to try calling my PSO tomorrow morning and see if I can get any information at all on CEOTP. Also, I'm going back to work Monday and part of me is hoping there's an offer on in my email box that didn't go to my civilian email! Lol wishful thinking.

I'm wondering what the past years were like. Did UTPNCM offers go out before CEOTP?

Drallib said:
I'm going to try calling my PSO tomorrow morning and see if I can get any information at all on CEOTP. Also, I'm going back to work Monday and part of me is hoping there's an offer on in my email box that didn't go to my civilian email! Lol wishful thinking.

I'm wondering what the past years were like. Did UTPNCM offers go out before CEOTP?

From https://old.reddit.com/r/CanadianForces/comments/gd6f8y/weekly_recruiting_thread_ask_here_about_the/fpm1hfn/?context=3

If you're referring to CEOTP pilot then the first selection for this fiscal is tentatively scheduled later this month but that's up in the air

Back