• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

20 meter Beep Test -Merged

Thanx, that is just what i was looking for :)

however, someone previously in this thread mentioned that the levels get progressively faster? however after doing a little bit of research it looks like the beeps on say lvl 10 are pretty close to the same duration as the ones on level 1, approx 5 seconds apart. can anyone else confirm this?

JBoyd said:
Thanx, that is just what i was looking for :)

however, someone previously in this thread mentioned that the levels get progressively faster? however after doing a little bit of research it looks like the beeps on say lvl 10 are pretty close to the same duration as the ones on level 1, approx 5 seconds apart. can anyone else confirm this?

That's odd...perhaps something is wrong with your file player?  When I play it back, the level 1 beeps are ~9-10 seconds apart, while at level 10 they're about 5 seconds apart.  They should definitely be occurring faster as you go up in level...

JBoyd,
do you mean level 10 or the 10th "beep"?
I'm asking this because each "level" is ten beeps long... so yes, beep no 10 is as long as beep no 1

the 48th regulator said:
http://rapidshare.com/files/50674755/A_Full_beep_test.wma

I also have the Beep test available on the above rapidshare link for those that are interested.

dileas

tess

My link from above works as well.

dileas

tess

geo said:
JBoyd,
do you mean level 10 or the 10th "beep"?
I'm asking this because each "level" is ten beeps long... so yes, beep no 10 is as long as beep no 1

no the 10th level, i just did some basic comparisons on the beeps on level 1 for about 30 seconds , and they appear to be 5 seconds apart. and on the 10th level, (right after the voice says level 10) the beeps for 30 seconds are pretty much bang on same duration, approx. 5 seconds.

JBoyd said:
no the 10th level, i just did some basic comparisons on the beeps on level 1 for about 30 seconds , and they appear to be 5 seconds apart. and on the 10th level, (right after the voice says level 10) the beeps for 30 seconds are pretty much bang on same duration, approx. 5 seconds.

Each level takes one minute to complete.  Level 1 lasts for 160 metres (8 lengths).  Level 10 lasts for 240 metres (12 lengths).  Level 19 lasts for 320 metres (16 lengths).  Each level takes the same amount of time to complete, but you have an increasing number of lengths to complete in each level, so you have to run faster and faster.

Therefore, the beeps have to be closer together the higher in level you go.  By my measurement, they're 8.6 seconds apart at Level 1, and 5.25 seconds apart at Level 10.  At level 19, they're about 3.8 seconds apart, but that's moot as I don't know anyone that would survive at that pace - their heart would blow out of their chest and do the funky chicken all over the gym floor.  ;D

the 48th regulator said:
My link from above works as well.

dileas

tess

I must need new glasses.  I could've sworn I'd tested all the links, but must've missed yours.

284_226 said:
Each level takes one minute to complete.  Level 1 lasts for 160 metres (8 lengths).  Level 10 lasts for 240 metres (12 lengths).  Level 19 lasts for 320 metres (16 lengths).  Each level takes the same amount of time to complete, but you have an increasing number of lengths to complete in each level, so you have to run faster and faster.

Therefore, the beeps have to be closer together the higher in level you go.  By my measurement, they're 8.6 seconds apart at Level 1, and 5.25 seconds apart at Level 10.  At level 19, they're about 3.8 seconds apart, but that's moot as I don't know anyone that would survive at that pace - their heart would blow out of their chest and do the funky chicken all over the gym floor.   ;D

Well after another examination of my .mp3 i have of it, i have come to the conclusion that i must have been sniffing some pretty good glue or something, lol. You are absolutely right in those times, i dont know where my head was and i apologize for my previous posts being utterly incorrect.

JBoyd said:
Well after another examination of my .mp3 i have of it, i have come to the conclusion that i must have been sniffing some pretty good glue or something, lol. You are absolutely right in those times, i dont know where my head was and i apologize for my previous posts being utterly incorrect.

Imagine that......people who have done the test several times in their career told you how it worked yet you, in you infinite wisdom, thought they were all wrong !!!!

284_226 said:
I must need new glasses.  I could've sworn I'd tested all the links, but must've missed yours.

It was part of another thread until it was merged with this one.

dileas

tess

http://rapidshare.com/files/70011948/A_Full_beep_test.wma

I have changed the file location for the beep test I had posted previously.

dileas

tess

Can Anyone tell me what the average stage for most people is on the 20m shuttle run (Beep Test)? ???

stage 5.5 for an old fart to pass (under CLS' enhanced guidelines)

You're getting close to what...
Enhanced guidelines OR an old fart?

I am just looking for an oppion in regards to the physical at Basic. I was told to be a Combat Engineer you have to be in really good shape in some cases they are in better shape then any other Combat Arms trade out there. So being the guy I am so I dont look like an idiot along side my comrads, I go out day by day doing my push ups, pull ups, sit ups and running and other exercises to prepare for this physical test at basic. I feel I can surpass the physical requirements and right now I  have 6 more weeks to get in even better shape then i am now for basic. now here is the dillema I am having. I was told if you go too high you will be torn up by instuctors like if I go there and tripple the physcal that is just as worse as failing it. I thought it would make me look good and stand out to the instuctors so they may say hey this guy stands out above the rest, to try and surpass everyone there like if the best is 30 push ups and i do 50 it will only cause more problems for me...can I have some feed back on this one if this is true or not. peace out.

Back