• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

17 teen girls make a pact to get pregnant!!!

dukkadukka said:
You literally have ZERO idea what some girls may potentially go through, it's a little slip if someone gets pregnant without meaning to and I never disagreed that it's not a consequence and I specifically said that the ONLY 100% way was abstinence.
I doubt that I have literaly ZERO idea what girls may potentially go through, but I will agree that I may not know much about that.  On the same vein, you would have little understanding of what boys may potentially go through.  The only point I was trying to make was that what boys and girls go through is irrelevant.  It's just that pregnancy is never an accident (scientists have finally figured out what causes it).
Of course the point is that even though these 17 teen girls deliberately got pregnant, I doubt that they understand what it means to be a parent.  It may seem "cool" to be pregnant, or whatever their motives were, but in the end, I agree with you that it was a poor choice.

In the case of these girls it was not a mass case of unplanned pregnancy. It was a case of them somehow thinking that a human being is the "new pet" it seems. I'm 23 years old, I have an education and a career, and I personally don't consider myself stupid enough to breed at this point. These girls in question is just a case of perhaps how they are raised also, many strict catholic households (I should know I was raised in one), it is still expressed to some degree that the whole breeding, and all that good stuff is very much the female role, despite it taking two to tango.

The world in a great many ways has changed, but in some ways not as much as we think, I don't blame the media, the parents, or anyone else for a case like this, its more of a whole bunch of things combined. Bottom line is, these girls pretty much went out looking to get pregnant, it was not the case of being properly educated, it's some stupid fantasy of sorts they seemed to have cooked up, and obviously hell bound on carrying out. It's sad.

Girls have sex.
Guys have sex.
Pregnancy happens.

THE END

Age, situation, guilt, blame, reasoning, condoms, and all other factors are irrelevant.  You wanna do the deed, keep it in the back of your head that babies happen.

I should patten a bumper sticker to give out to all unplanned pregnant mothers.  "BABIES HAPPEN"   

MedTechStudent said:
Girls have sex.
Guys have sex.
Pregnancy happens.

THE END

Age, situation, guilt, blame, reasoning, condoms, and all other factors are irrelevant.  You wanna do the deed, keep it in the back of your head that babies happen.

I should patten a bumper sticker to give out to all unplanned pregnant mothers.  "BABIES HAPPEN"     
You said it much better than I could have.  ;D

As for catholic upbringing, I understand the "role" of the various parents.  But also let's not forget that the same "message" says that those "breeders" be married.  So, if they ARE following the whole catholic dogma, then they are getting married, at a mass, following months of pre-marital counselling (which isn't just religious stuff).  So I don't buy that argument.

Mortarman Rockpainter said:
You said it much better than I could have.  ;D

As for catholic upbringing, I understand the "role" of the various parents.  But also let's not forget that the same "message" says that those "breeders" be married.  So, if they ARE following the whole catholic dogma, then they are getting married, at a mass, following months of pre-marital counselling (which isn't just religious stuff).  So I don't buy that argument.

Wasn't using it as an excuse, never. But you understand as well as I about people who interpret or take their religious morals to the extreme. But in the end yes it does boil down to, babies and everything that follows them happen.

My only problem ever pretaining to religion and sex was...

I went to a catholic school, where every week I was preached to by my peers at mass.  Only to see those same people getting drunk, high, and "freaky with it" at Saturday night keg parties.

Sort of contradictory.

EDIT: Oh ya and mincing boy hungry priests.

Cheers, Kyle

S.Stewart said:
But you understand as well as I about people who interpret or take their religious morals to the extreme.
Agreed.  And then there are those who "pick and choose" when it comes to interpreting their morals (religious or otherwise)
Take for example Elton John calling Pope JP II a mass murderer (or words to that effect) for the Church's position on contraception.  He inferred that people in Africa were following the Pope's advice and not using condoms, contributing to the spread of AIDS on that continent.  I think Sir Elton forgot the other pars of JP II's message: abstain from sex, or rather, only have sex with your spouse, and only under the auspices of marriage.  So, if those people were really listening to the message, then they would only be having sex once married, and only with their spouses.

MedTechStudent said:
My only problem ever pretaining to religion and sex was...

I went to a catholic school, where every week I was preached to by my peers at mass.  Only to see those same people getting drunk, high, and "freaky with it" at Saturday night keg parties.

Sort of contradictory.

EDIT: Oh ya and mincing boy hungry priests.

Cheers, Kyle
Sounds to me like you have a problem with people being hypocrites, and not with religion or sex.

EDIT: removed due to resolution of misunderstanding.

Oh, and please refrain from employing negative stereotypes (eg: all priests love their altar boys).  What's next, black people really do like watermelon?  Scots are cheap?  The Irish are all drunks?

Apologies, non-intentional.  :)

So, if those people were really listening to the message, then they would only be having sex once married, and only with their spouses.

Interesting point, makes sense when you consider that most of todays current religions are based on "picking and choosing" what you want to believe.  All the different branches of Christianity were created by people that did not quite believe everything they were being taught.

The Irish are all drunks?

Correct, we are not drunks, just simply Irish.  >:D

Correct in the sense that sex before marriage is a no no, within religion. But in the same token, peer pressure can often sway religious morals. I was raised in a religious household, I am not a believer in god personally, I went to a catholic school, and I know for a fact that there were not many people who really practiced the whole concept of no sex before marriage. With teenagers the biological function takes over, and its really just about the "practicing" at that point.

S.Stewart said:
Correct, we are not drunks, just simply Irish.  >:D
:rofl:

S.Stewart said:
Correct in the sense that sex before marriage is a no no, within religion. But in the same token, peer pressure can often sway religious morals.
Hence "temptation".  It's not just for teenagers anymore, and doesn't only apply to sex.  There are moral and normative standards, and there are temptations to go against them.  Just because people give in to temptation, doesn't make that message lose its worth. 

:rofl:
Hence "temptation".  It's not just for teenagers anymore, and doesn't only apply to sex.  There are moral and normative standards, and there are temptations to go against them.  Just because people give in to temptation, doesn't make that message lose its worth. 

Agreed. But as they say rules were meant to be broken, people are always going to see how far they can push the envelope, part of the reason why religion evolved as it did, everyone puts their own views, and spins on things.

Back