• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

13 Cents !

George Wallace

Army.ca Dinosaur
Inactive
Reaction score
Yawn!  Rub sleep out of eyes.  Turn on the radio.  Pour a cup of coffee.  Adds some sugar and milk and stir and .............."Gas prices saw their largest increase yet overnight.  On average gas prices rose 13 cents last night."      :eek:    WHAT !  I'm awake now..........Frig!

George Wallace said:
Yawn!  Rub sleep out of eyes.  Turn on the radio.  Pour a cup of coffee.  Adds some sugar and milk and stir and .............."Gas prices saw their largest increase yet overnight.  On average gas prices rose 13 cents last night."       :eek:     WHAT !  I'm awake now..........Frig!

Yes  "George", that's very true, but the reason for this  is obvious, the price of a Barrerl of Oil went down down again. Come on now, fair is fair.

Cheers

George take a trip up to Pet we are still hovering at 1.20
Arnprior is a tad lower yet.
And I take it your getting your news from the Bear.....

Yes.  I may have to give them a call and see if I can win some of their "Fill up at the Pump" money. 

CTV Toronto announced the possible increase on the supper news last night. We went for a drive and the gas stations around Borden were lined up down the road. This increase would cost us an extra $6 per tank to fill up. The radio this morning has people calling in that many gas stations on the back roads along highway 12, 89 and others are still selling around $1.20, so this  increase is not across the board.

Seems that last week the price went down in Ont  and up here on the coast... Now that is has jumped in Ont it went down 1 cent here in NS...  Just what do they use to figure all this out anyway.

In many cases it is the "Transportation" or "Delivery" costs to the Distributors that is being passed on to the consumers.  Kind of silly when you think about it.  The more the Oil companies raise the price to the consumer, the more it costs them to deliver to the Distributors.  Kind of a snowballing effect.

Hey... it's the weekend - the price of gas will go down on Tuesday - like it always does

This just goes to prove that any reduction in the Diesel tax (4%) will promptly dissapear into the pocket of the oil companies

It seems like now they hike up the price in the eventuality that something happens to these rigs out in the sea.
Just in case, we'll raise the price.

Here in Ottawa, it was 1.18 last night and 1.37 this morning.

We all have to pay for it and Big Brother knows that.

Stations have been at $1.29 here in Cold Lake for the last few weeks. Luckily the nice owner of Extra Foods Gas Bar keeps his price 4c lower than the Husky, Esso, and 711 across the street from him in hopes it will drive their price down. They don't bite, which must be why he has 4 car lineups at all his pumps. (Plus you get the superbucks for grocery discounts) And to think they make the damn fuel not to far from here.....

I'd better go gas up tonight just in case. (Though it seems whenever I do that the price in fact goes down shortly after)

Well in St. John's its currently at $1.387/L but here on the island the price varies from St. John's to Port aux Basques  and all points in between.

NFLD Sapper said:
Well in St. John's its currently at $1.387/L but here on the island the price varies from St. John's to Port aux Basques  and all points in between.

Yeah, I can't remember what is was exactly when I filled up over here in Corner Brook the other day, but it is about the same as the price you have there.  Gotta remember though that our price is controlled and unless the current storm actually has an impact I doubt the price will go up.

Steel Horse said:
Yeah, I can't remember what is was exactly when I filled up over here in Corner Brook the other day, but it is about the same as the price you have there.  Gotta remember though that our price is controlled and unless the current storm actually has an impact I doubt the price will go up.

For those that want to see here is the prices across the island and labrador.

No change here in Victoria..... YET!!!!!! Although I'm sure the collusion will happen shortly......

In Pembroke it was 119.9 till early afternoon, then shot up to 136.9. 17 cent increase.

CBC News in Halifax is talking now that there will be an emergency price hike at midnight tonight.

Here is my beef;  the farkin gas and diesel in the gas stations pump is already refined, delivered and waiting to be sold.  How the fark can they charge more for THAT gas??  :threat:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

The fickle finger of fate having f****d moves on. As for some of us poor devils who drive Turbo-equipped vehicles that means $1.50 per litre. For the first time in my life over $100 to fill up a 70 litre tank!!

NOT very cheery at this moment,

tango22a

CTV Toronto mention at supper, three times that gas would increase another 0.02 cents  p/L tonight as well.

Back