• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

13 Cents !

ARMY VERN:

Please see other Topic.....I did as you suggested.

tango22a

tango22a said:
ARMY VERN:
Please see other Topic.....I did as you suggested.
tango22a

Gawd ... I love men who listen!!  :-*

Are you single by any chance??

FastEddy said:

What's your views on Nationizing the Industry and keeping all our oil for Domestic use at production cost, give the investors their money back and get rid of all that expensive deadwood.

It'd be great, one the massive cost of the lawsuits that would follow such a move were dealt with - after which the price would probably be exactly the same.

ArmyVern said:
Well, you know ... we all keep talking about the gas in the stations already when the price goes up. People get torqued because they see the price of that 'already there" fuel go up.

I'm of the mindset that they do have to raise the prices on the "already-there" fuel else what are they going to pay for their next delivery with? When the next tanker full arrives at 1.48 a litre --- they have to pay that 1.48 a litre 'up front' to get it into their station. Else the tanks are empty and you aren't getting any gas at "anything per litre".

You don't like the high prices ... look at the taxes because that's where the high prices come from. And you know darn well that if the government ever cut the fuel taxes, they'd just get them back via some other sort of means.

I don't expect THAT to happen anytime in the near or even distant future because government is quite content to gain their "money" (no deficit!!) the way they currently are; Seeing the Canadian Consumer blame the gas staion owner, operator, attendant, supplier - rather than those who are taxing the crap out of it and holding them accountable.

Most stations, or at least a good number of them, do not own the fuel in the tanks in the first place - they simply get a commission for selling it for the producer/wholesaler.

Getting this topic back on track, in Newfoundland,

Effective 12:01 a.m. Monday, Sept. 15, 2008, the maximum price for gasoline will increase 10.9 or 11.0 cents per litre (cpl) – depending on the HST rounding impact, as a result of recent extraordinary commodity market developments. At this time, there will be no change to maximum prices of other regulated fuels.

And now the decrease:

Effective 12:01 a.m. Thursday, September 18, 2008, maximum prices will decline as follows:
• all types of gasoline by 12.4 or 12.5 cents per litre (cpl) – depending on HST rounding;
• ultra low sulphur diesel by 4.7 or 4.8 cpl – also due to HST rounding cpl; and,
• furnace and stove oil by 5.54 cpl.

Good thing I waited till today to fill up the car before I head back to Gagetown.

Gas around Borden/Barrie is down to $1.19 and the news is saying it will drop another 3 cents at midnight, in time for the weekend.

I am happy to see gas down to $1.135 this morning. That is more than a 25cents drop in gas this week.

At least we do not have to surrender I.D. before self-service fill ups as was mentioned in today's Edmonton Sun:

September 18, 2008
Gas station demands licence before fill-up

By THE CANADIAN PRESS

SEXSMITH -- A Peace Country man said he had to submit his driver's licence before he could fill up his pickup truck at Tags Food and Gas in Sexsmith on Monday.

But an official with the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner in Edmonton said he's not sure if that violates the Personal Information Protection Act.

"Before I could fuel up my truck at the self-serve pumps, they told me I had to go inside and submit my driver's licence to them," said Edwin Trent of Manning. "I said, 'well, I'll just show it to you.' He said, 'No, no, we've got to actually take your driver's licence until you are done fuelling up and paying for your gas and then we'll give you your driver's licence back.' "

Trent said he handed them his driver's licence because he had to drive to Manning, but added he didn't "feel good doing it."

The manager at the gas station acknowledged customers are being asked to submit their driver's licences before they can fill up.

Carla, who declined to give her last name, said there have been too many incidents of gas-and-dash, where customers have sped off without paying.

"I'm averaging almost one a day."

But she said her staff is not collecting personal information.

Meanwhile, pump prices for regular gas dropped to about $1.28 a litre in Edmonton yesterday.

Must be frickin nice..... $1.359 here....... Bloody gougers....... :threat:

126.9 here in Westlock AB this morning... effin pirates.

Oh PS, Yarrr, etc.

$1.38 out here on the west coast last time I looked, although its usually higher in Victoria and Vancouver by at least a few more cents...

Back