• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

04 June 2014: Shootings in Moncton NB, Three RCMP dead

milnews.ca said:
Bumping thread with the latest ...More @ link

Good, they deserve compensation on this. If the RCMP is smart they’re already prepared to sit down and discuss dollar figures- large ones. Hard to walk away from civil liability when you’ve already eaten a criminal conviction for the same negligence. I’m only surprised the number is limited to four.

Yeah. Been hearing that large numbers had to be transferred out. That’s second hand and quite unverifiable, but it comes from the ground in Moncton.

Good for them. They deserve every penny they can get and more. The organization and a few at the top but outside need to have their feet held squarely to the fire over this.

We have not had a Canada Labour Code case with any real blowback yet and I had been hoping this would be the one when the charges were originally filed.

Brihard said:
Good, they deserve compensation on this. If the RCMP is smart they’re already prepared to sit down and discuss dollar figures- large ones. Hard to walk away from civil liability when you’ve already eaten a criminal conviction for the same negligence. I’m only surprised the number is limited to four.

Would there be benefit to letting this play out rather than settling?

Eye In The Sky said:
Would there be benefit to letting this play out rather than settling?

Not really. It played out already in criminal court. This is just paying the piper.

Back