• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

Th PM an Cabinet ('GG-in-Council') get to govern so long as they enjoy the support of a majority of the members ('confidence of the House'). I'm not sure we want to go to a time when elected MPs can be dismissed by an appointee.

Isn't this why so many on this forum defend our the establishment of GG and Constitutional Monarchy ? That over arching power that's seldom used but always available to make things right again ?

If they wont use their powers, that others here will staunchly defend, then what good are they, and why are they soaking up tax dollars ?

Isn't this why so many on this forum defend our the establishment of GG and Constitutional Monarchy ? That over arching power that's seldom used but always available to make things right again ?

If they wont use their powers, that others here will staunchly defend, then what good are they, and why are they soaking up tax dollars ?

Often the threat has more impact than the reality.

Dr Evil Whatever GIF

Your opinion on my political views doesn’t change the fact that the National Post article on the RCMP not investigating him was published 3 days ago, and updated 2 days ago. The video was also published 2 days ago.

In this media world, people get criticized all the time for not having something out within 24 hours. If something major (and yes, this would be “major” in the Canadian political landscape) came out and the leader of X party didn’t have even a statement on it within the first 24, the opposing party (or parties) would jump down their throat.

It’s been 72 hours on a topic that would (should?) be a slam-dunk for them. Maybe enough to get the GG to dissolve Parliament. But nothing? C’mon.
I'm pretty sure the CPC knows what they're doing. That they have people that are actually qualified to analyze these things. If anyone can be accused of hiding things, lying to the country or not being timely in their responses, you should look to your own liberals and trudeau.

Your opinion on my political views doesn’t change the fact that the National Post article on the RCMP not investigating him was published 3 days ago, and updated 2 days ago. The video was also published 2 days ago.

In this media world, people get criticized all the time for not having something out within 24 hours. If something major (and yes, this would be “major” in the Canadian political landscape) came out and the leader of X party didn’t have even a statement on it within the first 24, the opposing party (or parties) would jump down their throat.

It’s been 72 hours on a topic that would (should?) be a slam-dunk for them. Maybe enough to get the GG to dissolve Parliament. But nothing? C’mon.
To be fair, when the PM has a new scandal every week (heck, sometimes he has a new scandal every day...) it makes it quite tricky to time your statements about specific things.

(Keeping in mind there's only certain windows in each day where one can host a press conference, or do an announcement, etc)

In that time period, Pierre addressed the media about the PLA scientists working at the Winnipeg lab & the PMO's blatant attempts to cover that up.

It isn't Pierre who is at fault for choosing to hammer on one issue and not another (and to be fair, the documents in regards to the PLA/Winnipeg lab case were basically hot off the press) - but rather it's Trudeau's fault for having so many scandals & shenanigans happening all at once that there literally isn't enough time to address them all during press time

Politicians or appointees not using power they have just because it's not needed at any given point? Has someone hacked your account? :)
... It isn't Pierre who is at fault for choosing to hammer on one issue and not another ... but rather it's Trudeau's fault for having so many scandals & shenanigans happening ...
True, he's had a target-rich environment, but all politicians choose what they choose - be it because of strategy, easiest target, instinctive trigger, etc. This isn't about "he made me hit him" - it's about picking punches, and PP's not a slouch at picking & delivering said punches. It's a fair question to ask why he himself hasn't been pushing the SNC-obstruction angle if it's that "new."

Now this is something that I would expect an opposition party to push in public. However, I don’t see PP saying anything - the last time he mentioned SNC was 4 years ago.

It hasn’t been “SNC Lavelin” for three years. If anything, Poilievre may mention AtkinsRéalis.

Perhaps Poilievre is resetting the muscle-twitch response demand that the twitchy demanders demand? It’s still bubbling so why not see how it ferments? He waited weeks before he had suitable levels of detail to talk about other issues.

Perhaps. There are many different types of governance, from ours to a US-style presidential system. They all have their warts. I suppose we could try to change the foundation of ours, but I fear it would tear the country apart. We can't even seem to tweak it. Even if we could, changing the way parliamentarians are elected would possibly exchange majority governments for a permanent purgatory of shifting minorities and coalitions.

Regardless of the system used, the electorate put them there.

Outside the normal conventions, governments can be hard to overturn and, overall, I think that's a good thing.

Many of you know, its no secret I don't like Justin Trudeau, for many reasons. I have also stated I try to look at things as much as possible non partisan view (OK, some of you are laughing).

I want to tell you WHO I think is a strong candidate to replace JT when he loses big (and he will) as future LPC Leader.

Anthony Housefather. I have not always agreed with what he has said but he has shown much stronger integrity with his own principles (he is openly jewish) and not blindly going along with the LPC flip flop stances on anti-Semitism and anti-Israel views. It takes guts to go against the grain in your own party.

More Liberals like him could get the LPC back to a respectable party

Perhaps Poilievre is resetting the muscle-twitch response demand that the twitchy demanders demand? It’s still bubbling so why not see how it ferments? He waited weeks before he had suitable levels of detail to talk about other issues.
Or he’s let a member of caucus run it up the flagpole to see who salutes before conducting his own fire mission? Either approach wouldn’t be a bad idea.

I'm pretty sure the CPC knows what they're doing. That they have people that are actually qualified to analyze these things. If anyone can be accused of hiding things, lying to the country or not being timely in their responses, you should look to your own liberals and trudeau.

Now you’re just putting words (parties?) in my mouth. It may surprise you that I didn’t vote LPC last time, and don’t usually vote LPC. If O’Toole was still running for the CPC, he’d have my vote in an instant.

The next election though? We’ll see.

Now you’re just putting words (parties?) in my mouth. It may surprise you that I didn’t vote LPC last time, and don’t usually vote LPC. If O’Toole was still running for the CPC, he’d have my vote in an instant.

The next election though? We’ll see.
I apologize for misinterpreting your stance and assuming you were a liberal. I stand by the rest though.

🍻

It hasn’t been “SNC Lavelin” for three years. If anything, Poilievre may mention AtkinsRéalis.

Media could take a lessons learned here.

I would much prefer the media to announce a happening without much detail. ONLY what they know at the time is true. They can caveat it and say more detail will be released as it comes in. I would be much more inclined to believe a report that come that way than some sensational, 'we're first' report full of some reporter's guesses and extrapolations.

Media could take a lessons learned here.

I would much prefer the media to announce a happening without much detail. ONLY what they know at the time is true. They can caveat it and say more detail will be released as it comes in. I would be much more inclined to believe a report that come that way than some sensational, 'we're first' report full of some reporter's guesses and extrapolations.
Reuters does that.

Th PM an Cabinet ('GG-in-Council') get to govern so long as they enjoy the support of a majority of the members ('confidence of the House'). I'm not sure we want to go to a time when elected MPs can be dismissed by an appointee.
They can be dismissed by the Governor General (it has been done, 1896 the PM who refused to step down was no longer recognized), just as the Governor General can dissolve parliament if they wish. I would argue now is a good time to do that with the obvious lack of public support for the current government coupled with the obvious corruption being displayed by said government.

I think they should use their powers. Reign in the worst of our current system. The system we have is supposed to have two equal houses (the senate and the house of commons) as well as the crown overseeing it all. Instead we choose to abandon the checks and balances inherent to our system and basically allow the house of commons to dominate with no real controls being utilized.

It is worse than the American system when we fail to use it properly as we are essentially giving total control to one party with nothing to really stop their excesses thanks to the lack of will to use the powers at their disposal.

Party GIF by CBC

My news guys - Bob and Doug. Earl Camembert and Floyd Robertson too.

AND Count Floyd as the sports caster.
You weren't expecting this, were you?

Trudeau is a Clear and Present Danger to Canada.

If you watched PP original interview you will note that one heck of a lot of the reporters, where shrilling irrelevant questions such as "do you support Pharmacare" rather than about the news conference.

SHOCKING Documents Detail COVERUP by Trudeau's Government

Trudeau's excuse is despicable.

Trudeau LOSES IT when Challenged on Winnipeg Lab Documents

Back