• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

You seriously think they have a chance?
Admittedly, you wouldn't think so but damn if this government hasn't proven to be shockingly, almost inexplicably, resilient and indeed immune to scandals that should have already taken them out (and would have taken out many other sitting governments.) JWR, WE, blackface, Kokanee grope... - any one of those should have ben a fatal error - but they weren't. Some are so (relatively) "ancient history" that the electorate is going to have to be reminded of them before getting agitated about them, and given current COL issues, they may not care.

This government has a Trump-like ability to simply weather the punches to the face and still, incredibly, keep moving forward.

And I don't think you can discount the 'fear campaign' strategy around a conservative government, that is already underway, and is made all the more effective because of how much a lead the CPC currently has. I think that campaign might be more muted if the CPC was only looking at a minority government. But a majority one is great fodder for the usual LPC tactics...

The problem is that this current government is nearing or has past its best before date. 10 years is typically all that Canadians will give a government at the max.

Add to that historically low polling and popularity. Disconnection from the population’s problems. Scandals real or imagined. And an opposition that can present itself as an alternative provided they stay disciplined.

It’s not unreasonable to think though that it can be turned around but it may require a change in leader, fortuitous events and major screw ups by the government in waiting. All possibilities. But far still from probabilities.

10 years is typically all that Canadians will give a government at the max.

Looks like only 5 of the 23 Prime Ministers since Confederation lasted that long.

Admittedly, you wouldn't think so but damn if this government hasn't proven to be shockingly, almost inexplicably, resilient and indeed immune to scandals that should have already taken them out (and would have taken out many other sitting governments.) JWR, WE, blackface, Kokanee grope... - any one of those should have ben a fatal error - but they weren't. Some are so (relatively) "ancient history" that the electorate is going to have to be reminded of them before getting agitated about them, and given current COL issues, they may not care.

This government has a Trump-like ability to simply weather the punches to the face and still, incredibly, keep moving forward.

And I don't think you can discount the 'fear campaign' strategy around a conservative government, that is already underway, and is made all the more effective because of how much a lead the CPC currently has. I think that campaign might be more muted if the CPC was only looking at a minority government. But a majority one is great fodder for the usual LPC tactics...
There repeated use of the same old tactics aint working. Eevery polls has them down in the dirt. Like I have said before, Canadians hit a tipping point with this crew.

"SNC BOMBSHELL: Trudeau obstructed investigation into himself say RCMP"

Nick Jonas Wow GIF by Jonas Brothers

Deeper and deeper

DND suspends contracts with ArriveCan contractor after learning CEO is a DND employee​

Deeper and deeper

DND suspends contracts with ArriveCan contractor after learning CEO is a DND employee​

Funny political history with this guy, too ...
More from the PPC info machine ...

"SNC BOMBSHELL: Trudeau obstructed investigation into himself say RCMP"

At the rate the obvious seems to trickle it's way through the RCMP's senior leadership, I expect we can hear about his more recent obvious corruption schemes in the 2050's...

You'd have thought that inviting the RCMP Commissioner to committee to testify about Trudeau's SNC Lavalin involvement - only to have every LPC & NDP MP on that committee move to dismiss the very same RCMP Commissioner they invited from that committee when the time came for him to speak & answer questions, was obviously a bad idea...

Because I'm sure senior RCMP leadership has nothing on the go, and loves to waste a day being used as a literal prop, only to finish off the day with the LPC obstructing justice right infront of you about the very thing they invited you down to testify to in the first place...

I remember watching it on YouTube shortly after it happened because one of the Conservative MP's who was present had enough of presence of mind to grab his phone and start recording...just couldn't help but shake my head.

Now this is something that I would expect an opposition party to push in public. However, I don’t see PP saying anything - the last time he mentioned SNC was 4 years ago.

Now this is something that I would expect an opposition party to push in public. However, I don’t see PP saying anything - the last time he mentioned SNC was 4 years ago.
Yet again, can't wait to criticize him, for the little-ist chicken shit thing. I hope you have paid up your LPC membership. I view your constant criticism of him as very passive aggressive.

Ever notice how PP likes to present measured responses and articulated statements? Especially when dates and numbers are involved? I am guessing he is waiting for as much facts as possible before going on the attack. PP also has excellent timing IMO.

Yet again, can't wait to criticize him, for the little-ist chicken shit thing. I hope you have paid up your LPC membership. I view your constant criticism of him as very passive aggressive.

Ever notice how PP likes to present measured responses and articulated statements? Especially when dates and numbers are involved? I am guessing he is waiting for as much facts as possible before going on the attack. PP also has excellent timing IMO.

Your opinion on my political views doesn’t change the fact that the National Post article on the RCMP not investigating him was published 3 days ago, and updated 2 days ago. The video was also published 2 days ago.

In this media world, people get criticized all the time for not having something out within 24 hours. If something major (and yes, this would be “major” in the Canadian political landscape) came out and the leader of X party didn’t have even a statement on it within the first 24, the opposing party (or parties) would jump down their throat.

It’s been 72 hours on a topic that would (should?) be a slam-dunk for them. Maybe enough to get the GG to dissolve Parliament. But nothing? C’mon.

Is it even legally or constitutionally possible for the GG to dissolve parliament for criminality by the PM? I would think the mechanism is a non confidence motion forcing the NDP to pick a side and Liberal MPs to decide whether their loyalty is to the party or the rule of law.

Is it even legally or constitutionally possible for the GG to dissolve parliament for alleged criminality by the PM? I would think the mechanism is a non confidence motion forcing the NDP to pick a side and Liberal MPs to decide whether their loyalty is to the party or the rule of law.
FTFY.

And, the GG usually only dissolves Parliament on the advice of the PM.

Is it even legally or constitutionally possible for the GG to dissolve parliament for criminality by the PM? I would think the mechanism is a non confidence motion forcing the NDP to pick a side and Liberal MPs to decide whether their loyalty is to the party or the rule of law.
Yeah - prob a non-confidence vote.

I mean, if there was a time for the Opposition to start one…

Th PM an Cabinet ('GG-in-Council') get to govern so long as they enjoy the support of a majority of the members ('confidence of the House'). I'm not sure we want to go to a time when elected MPs can be dismissed by an appointee.

Back