• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great historical piece in the Globe by John Ibbitson about George Brown, his role in Confederation and Canadian party politics.

Stop the world, I want off.😖

Just to be clear, she wasn't given the award for getting the funding removed from that rape center. She was selected for the award base on the merits of her work leading up to 2018, and then sometime after that she advocated for the removal of funding to that center. It just took until 2023 to actually present her with the award, but she "earned" it in 2018.

Just to be clear, she wasn't given the award for getting the funding removed from that rape center. She was selected for the award base on the merits of her work leading up to 2018, and then sometime after that she advocated for the removal of funding to that center. It just took until 2023 to actually present her with the award, but she "earned" it in 2018.

That’s a biological man with a mental illness. Not a “she” or “her”.

Curious as to what the issue is. The award? The award to a transgendered person? Or Trudeau giving the award to a transgendered person?

Edit. Just read the article a bit closer. The GG gave the award, not « The Trudeau Government ». Ugh…

The government of the day has no role in awarding the MSM Civil Division, save for a couple of governmental department reps sitting on a much larger advisory committee. Her nomination would have been considered and recommended by a committee within the Chancellory of Honours, and her award would have been approved by the Governor General. Suggesting that the “Trudeau government” awards civil division MSMs is uninformed.

The government of the day has no role in awarding the MSM Civil Division, save for a couple of governmental department reps sitting on a much larger advisory committee. Her nomination would have been considered and recommended by a committee within the Chancellory of Honours, and her award would have been approved by the Governor General. Suggesting that the “Trudeau government” awards civil division MSMs is uninformed.
Uninformed yes - but that it was awarded while JT was the PM is what will stick with those who follow this.

Uninformed yes - but that it was awarded while JT was the PM is what will stick with those who follow this.
I'm sorry, could you explain what you think it is about her getting this award that you feel appears to be "off putting" such that "it will stick to JT"? A woman did some sort of work toward improving diversity. The details of what she did are not in the article. How is that in any way pie on JT's face?

The people that have read this article in a number of Canadian news sites won't even notice. Most normal Canadians don't pick apart, argue every nuance, research every statement or pick flyshit out of pepper the way we do here. Most will believe trudeau gave this award and most will believe the closing of the rape centre had something to do with it. The tag line plants the seed and let's them skim the rest of the article, sans parsing.

The people that have read this article in a number of Canadian news sites won't even notice. Most normal Canadians don't pick apart, argue every nuance, research every statement or pick flyshit out of pepper the way we do here. Most will believe trudeau gave this award and most will believe the closing of the rape centre had something to do with it. The tag line plants the seed and let's them skim the rest of the article, sans parsing.
It sounds like you're saying that The Post Millennial is pedaling in misinformation and using subtle IO tactics in an attempt to inculcate a negative stance toward a specific group of people all with the overall aim of pushing a specific agenda.

Huh; who knew.

I'm sorry, could you explain what you think it is about her getting this award that you feel appears to be "off putting" such that "it will stick to JT"? A woman did some sort of work toward improving diversity. The details of what she did are not in the article. How is that in any way pie on JT's face?
I think you’ve misunderstood me. Where did I say that this was off putting? I said no such thing. I pointed out this was awarded during the reign of JT.

Don’t presume that I’m misogynistic or homophobic. Don’t presume to know how I feel about anyone or anything.

It seems you forgot to actually read all of the article. It was quite detailed in describing Ogden’s position and effort that let to Vancouver City Council defunding Vancouver Rape Relief.Notably, during the same period, Oger led an initiative to revoke Vancouver Rape Relief's city funding due to their policy of not providing shelter to biological males who claim to be trans women.
In March 2019, the Vancouver City Council decided to withhold its annual grant of $34,000 starting from 2020 unless the shelter, which has been in operation since 1974 and is the oldest in Canada, modified its policy.

During the council's deliberations, Oger informed them that the shelter was in violation of the city's transgender equality and inclusion standards established in 2016. She asserted that the shelter's stance, which categorized transgender women as men rather than women, contradicted these criteria.

Several months following the removal of funding, the shelter experienced multiple incidents of vandalism in August 2019, including the gruesome act of attaching a deceased rat to the front door. The windows were defaced with the message "Kill TERFS, trans power," targeting "trans-exclusionary radical feminists" who do not acknowledge transgender identity.

At that time, Oger suggested that while the vandalism was unacceptable, the shelter may have contributed to such actions through its own behavior.

"Regrettably but predictably, VRR choosing to ignore Canada's civil rights laws causes blow-back," Oger said at the time.

So there was both influence of incited violence against the rape centre and an unaddressed impact to the services of non-trans women rape victims.

I think you’ve misunderstood me. Where did I say that this was off putting? I said no such thing. I pointed out this was awarded during the reign of JT.

Don’t presume that I’m misogynistic or homophobic. Don’t presume to know how I feel about anyone or anything.
You said, "will stick with those who follow this." This implies you think that there is something about this article that warrants "sticking". It doesn't matter if you personally find it "off-putting", but you believe others will take in such a way, and I'm curious what it is in this story you think is causing it to "stick".

It seems you forgot to actually read all of the article. It was quite detailed in describing Ogden’s position and effort that let to Vancouver City Council defunding Vancouver Rape Relief.Notably, during the same period, Oger led an initiative to revoke Vancouver Rape Relief's city funding due to their policy of not providing shelter to biological males who claim to be trans women.

So there was both influence of incited violence against the rape centre and an unaddressed impact to the services of non-trans women rape victims.
At the very real risk of going against the grain, the VRR policy was no different than that being demonstrated by numerous school boards, athletic associations and just about everyone else who hasn't drunk the WOKE coolaid. No woman in a crisis centre wants to be confronted with a pseudo-lady with all the accoutrements of a male. They are running away from that; its why they are in the shelter in the first place.
by the article, she wasn't protesting because a trans was denied help, she was protesting because their policy forbade it. NO one was hurt until she brought it up and now a 40 year old community service is defunct. Balls

You said, "will stick with those who follow this." This implies you think that there is something about this article that warrants "sticking". It doesn't matter if you personally find it "off-putting", but you believe others will take in such a way, and I'm curious what it is in this story you think is causing it to "stick".
I’m only saying what’s true. Some people will fault him when in fact he had nothing to do with it.
I’m summing this one up. I’m not one of those people that will believe JT awarded it. You parse my words any way you want.

No, I read the whole article, and then some.

The insinuation of the article is that they awarded the medal to someone despite her having advocated against the rape center. However, she was selected for the award before she came out against the center.

I’m only saying what’s true. Some people will fault him when in fact he had nothing to do with it.
I’m summing this one up. I’m not one of those people that will believe JT awarded it. You parse my words any way you want.
Ok I still don't get your point. Youa re saying "people will fault him". What are you saying they are "faulting" him for? Like what are you saying that people are going to think "Hey! This is his fault!" What is "this"?

At the very real risk of going against the grain, the VRR policy was no different than that being demonstrated by numerous school boards, athletic associations and just about everyone else who hasn't drunk the WOKE coolaid. No woman in a crisis centre wants to be confronted with a pseudo-lady with all the accoutrements of a male. They are running away from that; its why they are in the shelter in the first place.
by the article, she wasn't protesting because a trans was denied help, she was protesting because their policy forbade it. NO one was hurt until she brought it up and now a 40 year old community service is defunct. Balls
The center isn't defunct. The only money they got cancelled was about $35k of a $1mil annual budget, so it really was peanuts. The majority of their funding comes from the Province.

It sounds like you're saying that The Post Millennial is pedaling in misinformation and using subtle IO tactics in an attempt to inculcate a negative stance toward a specific group of people all with the overall aim of pushing a specific agenda.

Huh; who knew.
Or any other number of outlets that carried the story. You sound surprised that today's media would try frame a story the way they want it read. Most every media outlet has an agenda. I'm not implying anything, it's simply you scraping around in the minutiae looking for someone to blame for your angst of the article. I have no interest in your views or accusations. If you're offended take it up with the authors of the article.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back