• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

Because you believe everyone deserves the right to be afforded a decent legal defense.

Great example.

What's the criteria for a protest to become an occupation? Who decides when that legally protected activity is no longer protected?
The Charter sets the conditions.

This article explains it more than I can.

Setting up feed stations, fuel dumps and other services with an intent on not leaving would seem to be some of those criteria. Preventing locals from their rights is also a limit.

Occupy Ottawa lasted 30 days. But they were smart and set up a camp in a park and left residents alone. But still got evicted a lot later than they should have.

That makes sense thank you.

I'm still surprised no one has tried to set one of those trucks blaring their horns on fire yet.

That makes sense thank you.

I'm still surprised no one has tried to set one of those trucks blaring their horns on fire yet.
I think some might be at that point. Counter protesters won’t be helpful at all if they ever decided to engage. The only counter protests I heard of was at city hall and OPS headquarters asking fir something to be done. Small crowds though.

Watch what happens when the normally-Team red friendly Sikh community from 604 and 416/905 starts to question Team Red’s lack of support… 🤔

Convoy protests ignoring real hardships truckers face, Peel drivers warn​

Truckers in Peel Region say the convoy protest that has gripped Ottawa for more than a week isn't addressing the real problems they face — and they're trying to shift the conversation away from COVID-19 vaccine mandates and toward stopping abuse and wage theft in the industry.

Attar Sodhi, a 37-year-old Brampton resident and truck driver, says very few of the protesters in Ottawa are South Asians, who make up more than half of the truckers operating in the Greater Toronto Area, according to some estimates.

Some truckers say it's been difficult watching the protesters in Ottawa speak out against vaccines and other public health measures, when they got immunized against COVID-19 so they could provide for their families and protect the wider community.

Federal Transport Minister Omar Alghabra met with truckers in Mississauga on Friday ahead of the planned convoy demonstration in Toronto.
"All credible trucking organizations have distanced themselves from the protests in Ottawa," he said.
The Ontario Trucking Association (OTA) and the Canadian Alliance of Truckers (CTA) are two of those organizations.

Because we’ve heard so much from the CTA on wages and conditions, right?

You posted about the Sikh community and party politics,

Watch what happens when the normally-Team red friendly Sikh community from 604 and 416/905 starts to question Team Red’s lack of support… :unsure:

Because we’ve heard so much from the CTA on wages and conditions, right?

We can start another thread if you want to discuss "wages and conditions", right?

My reply was to this,

Watch what happens when the normally-Team red friendly Sikh community from 604 and 416/905 starts to question Team Red’s lack of support… :unsure:

do you have an opinion?

G2G said,

I offered my opinion to the question, based on what I have read.

The Bread Guy contributed his opinon and sources as well.

Do you have an opinion or source related to G2G's question?

You posted about the Sikh community and party politics,
And The Bread Guy brought up the same issue I was alluding to, ie. CTA represents far more openly trucking companies, than owner-operators. Have you reviewed CTA’s web presence. One story on women truckers and not a single South Asian trucker in sight. Majority of interviews use references from major Canadian trucking companies, not O/Os.

We can start another thread if you want to discuss "wages and conditions", right?
This one’s fine, since it’s an associated issue. No need to split it further, unless there are other more tangential topics, like trucking support to EMS across the country, for example.

Ignoring them certainly has worked well, why change course now...

I'm loving the thought of hundreds of Farm Machines driving around downtown Toronto.

This is some elite level trolling by the protesters. Like the Government wishes they were actually violent so they could do something about it. Instead they are like..... "how in the heck are we gonna deal with 200 farm tractors someone just left here LOL"

I got an email saying go into work in civilians because of potential conflict with the protestors, to not engage with protestors and to basically mind my own business.

This was framed however not as political but entirely as ensuring that CAF members are safe, don't get antagonized, and don't get caught in the crossfire between law enforcement, protestors and/or counter protests.

So the only solution I see was to just work from home!

Probably more to do with not having CAF members photographed so the Dept doesn't end up in any compromising situations.

Back