• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

Where was the the surge and contain strategy in Caledonia? OR when statues were torn asunder in Winnipeg?

OHHHH I am so sorry - the laws don't apply there right?

The hypocrisy is thick in this country. And I fear for its existence.
I like how people fear for the countries existence when things happen they don't like.

Meanwhile this country has survived 2 world wars, 2 ruineous global pandemics, the korean war, the quebec seperatist crisis, 2 massive global economic downturns, and countless other challenges.

But yeah, this, this will cause people to worry about the existance of Canada. Good golly.

Don’t feel the need to apologize for your own opinion…that’s weak.
Trying to keep things polite.

I take it then if they aren’t going after nazi flag bearers (again, not sure what laws other than the law of common sense were broken) then you are upset that they are doing a contain and surge approach?

OPINION

I'll put the tinfoil on, if nobody else will.

Does anyone seriously believe that trudeau would not support, if not start, the counter protest? There seems to already be the boogeyman coming out of his firearms stance to vilify the convoy. With all this talk of firearms, suddenly appearing, complete with the fear mongering and demonization of firearms groups like the CCFR, he's dovetailing his agendas. Searching for a lightning rod because everything else he's tried in the last week has failed to launch, to the credit of smart, thinking Canadians. His comments about a specific group of Canadians being racist, misogynist, homophobic, etc, ad nauseum, has not worked. He's still trying to make hay over the single nazi flag and the single confederate flag that were brought out, by two, unidentified provocateurs to give him talking points to vilify the protesters and using his POC MPs in Parliament to denounce all those symbols of hate that outnumbered the Canadian flags on display and were the real reason for the convoy. Simple question. Does anyone think that our government, given their record, their lies, their lost unaccounted billions of taxpayer monies, the upheld charges of ethic violations, gaslighting Canadians at every turn and their penchant for never, ever, answering a question on topic or satisfactorily and a leader who's loyalties do not extend to the country he holds in contempt. Do you not think them capable of employing Roy Epps type people or that they would not stoop to that level to achieve their aims? There is no shortage of useful idiots to go around for every party. However, this current government seems to have found the elixir to employ them as part of their ongoing strategy, while the other parties wait until one comes spinning into the room, Tasmanian Devil like, and makes themselves useful for a few days until the narrative changes.

I'm sure there's those out there that will hold that Canada is so pure and lawful that it is impossible for this to happen and it borders on treason to even talk about it, but I hold no such delusions of humankind, especially in this day, age and political climate.

Incoming....

OTHER CONVOYS COMING​

A tractor convoy is being planned from Alexandria to Ottawa on Saturday in support of the truckers, according to a Facebook group with more than 1,900 followers.

Similar convoys are allegedly being planned this weekend in Toronto and Quebec City.

“I want to be absolutely clear, I support Toronto police taking necessary action to prepare for this possible protest with a focus on doing everything they can to protect the safety of Toronto residents and businesses,” Toronto Mayor John Tory told reporters on Thursday.

Tory is planning a public update on the planned convoy protest in Toronto on Friday.

At a Wednesday briefing, Ottawa Police Service Chief Peter Sloly said the situation is “intolerable” and “unprecedented,” and that “all plans are on the table” to remove the protest: from a court injunction, to calling in the RCMP, and potentially requesting the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF).

However, in a statement emailed to CTV News late Wednesday, a spokesperson for the minister of national defence said “the Canadian Armed Forces are not involved in this situation, and there are no plans for such CAF involvement.”

Trying to keep things polite.
So my ‘weak’ is insulting, but your ‘weak’ is…enlightening? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I take it then if they aren’t going after nazi flag bearers (again, not sure what laws other than the law of common sense were broken) then you are upset that they are doing a contain and surge approach?
No. Why would I?

The ‘contain and surge’ is in response to the conduct en-masse for numerous by-law and OHTA infractions, all examples of actually breaking the(numerous) law. As you point out, actually carrying a Nazi or Confederate flag is not by itself illegal. I agree with you and many others that it is inappropriate and if truly associated with a member of the protest, fair to consider it to have had an element of endorsement, but it wasn’t and didn’t. I am not, however, going to apply the PM’s logic that that those individuals, who weren’t positively identified, represented the protest, and this justified the sweeping conclusion that the entirety of the protest represented racist, bigoted, homophobic, transphobic views (those two, of which I saw no use of defaced pride or trans flags at all, so not even sure where ajar got those from, to include in his verbal tirade).

The Caledonia fiasco, surrender and betrayal of the Town of Caledonia was overseen by McGuinty and Fantino. Yeah, that Fantino. Harper's VAC Minister. Both were gutless POS.

Government trying to portray itself as taking responsible action? Minister Mendicino contradicts himself in official statement:

“I am able to confirm that the RCMP [of which he is the responsible Minister] has approved all the additional resources that were requested, and they will be ready to assist the Ottawa Police Service, who are the police of jurisdiction,” he tweeted.
…followed immediately by…
“This request is in addition to RCMP resources and support already in place since the arrival of the convoy in Ottawa. It is important to underline that these are operational decisions taken by the police, independent of the government.

Uh-oh!!! The nations police are operating independent of the government!

Nah, anyone putting on tinfoil hats is just making things look more bizarre.
So my ‘weak’ is insulting, but your ‘weak’ is…enlightening? 🤷🏻‍♂️

No. Why would I?

The ‘contain and surge’ is in response to the conduct en-masse for numerous by-law and OHTA infractions, all examples of actually breaking the(numerous) law. As you point out, actually carrying a Nazi or Confederate flag is not by itself illegal. I agree with you and many others that it is inappropriate and if truly associated with a member of the protest, fair to consider it to have had an element of endorsement, but it wasn’t and didn’t. I am not, however, going to apply the PM’s logic that that those individuals, who weren’t positively identified, represented the protest, and this justified the sweeping conclusion that the entirety of the protest represented racist, bigoted, homophobic, transphobic views (those two, of which I saw no use of defaced pride or trans flags at all, so not even sure where ajar got those from, to include in his verbal tirade).
Where did I say that? You assumed I said sorry because I was appoligising for my opinion. Note I said the argument was weak, you actually said I was weak. But you completing side stepped everything by bringing up Trudeau and a Nazi flag.

My question was to Oldsoldier who wanted to know why other police forces didn’t do the same thing. We aren’t dealing other police forces and their response. It’s OPS. Trudeau has no say in how OPS a operates within the city of Ottawa. So how Trudeau or a non criminal flag bearer factors into why OPS is doing what it is doing is somewhat of a weak link to make despite the overall theme of this whole thing.

So I’m not sure what your argument in relation to that is.

Nah, anyone putting on tinfoil hats is just making things look more bizarre.

Where did I say that? You assumed I said sorry because I was appoligising for my opinion. Note I said the argument was weak, you actually said I was weak. But you completing side stepped everything by bringing up Trudeau and a Nazi flag.

My question was to Oldsoldier who wanted to know why other police forces didn’t do the same thing. We aren’t dealing other police forces and their response. It’s OPS. Trudeau has no say in how OPS a operates within the city of Ottawa. So how Trudeau or a non criminal flag bearer factors into why OPS is doing what it is doing is somewhat of a weak link to make despite the overall theme of this whole thing.

So I’m not sure what your argument in relation to that is.
Trudeau Derangement Syndrome is terrible condition.

I like how people fear for the countries existence when things happen they don't like.

Meanwhile this country has survived 2 world wars, 2 ruineous global pandemics, the korean war, the quebec seperatist crisis, 2 massive global economic downturns, and countless other challenges.

But yeah, this, this will cause people to worry about the existance of Canada. Good golly.
Ah... the old "it's never happened before, it can't happen now". I'm sure that kind of thinking has comforted many a person right up until the "it" finally does happen.

I don't think for a second these protests will bring down Canada, but the division between East and West, as well as Urban and Rural is growing. It may be spart politics right now to keep pushing that divide, but what happens when the divide hasn't been mended, and something else comes along to drive another wedge?

It's a silly, and dangerous game to play, but neither side seems willing to admit it, or back down.

... The nations police are operating independent of the government!
Just a wee bit of a stretch ... I'm happy to defer to LEO's who have forgotten waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than I'll ever know about this (and, as always, stand to be corrected), but having police approve operational decisions (first quote) without the government directing operational decisions is generally pretty standard practice.

Or do we want governments to tell cops exactly how to do their jobs at a tactical/front-line level?

We aren’t dealing other police forces and their response. It’s OPS. Trudeau has no say in how OPS a operates within the city of Ottawa. So how Trudeau or a non criminal flag bearer factors into why OPS is doing what it is doing is somewhat of a weak link to make despite the overall theme of this whole thing.
So we agree that Trudeau should stop inviting broad-brush crimination commentary until OPS has resolved the situation?

Ah... the old "it's never happened before, it can't happen now". I'm sure that kind of thinking has comforted many a person right up until the "it" finally does happen.
How about the old, if the country could survive all of that, then this is next to nothing?
I don't think for a second these protests will bring down Canada, but the division between East and West, as well as Urban and Rural is growing. It may be spart politics right now to keep pushing that divide, but what happens when the divide hasn't been mended, and something else comes along to drive another wedge?
Its funny, because rural, western Coutts wants the truckers to GTFO as well. As does the Alberta Premier.

Look at those truckers, bridging the east west, rural urban divide.
It's a silly, and dangerous game to play, but neither side seems willing to admit it, or back down.
Well, probably due to not wanting to encourage protestors that occupying cities is the way to get a direct audience with the PM.

Back