• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Freedom Convoy protests [Split from All things 2019-nCoV]

I think the MSM and trudeau's cult have seriously misjudged this. They believed their own lies that this was nothing to worry about and a chance to disenfranchise a large portion of their opposition. Unfortunately, they did a shit job of it. Once they realized their failure, trudeau went into hiding. He wasn't able to spin it because too many Canadians are invested. Not only truck drivers, but other citizens in cars, buses, motorhomes and pickups. The thousands upon thousands that lined highways and overpasses have proven this is not a 'fringe' movement and that his estimations were wrong. He is fully vaxed including a booster, he had a negative test, he has zero reason to isolate. People are seeing this as a move to distance himself and ignore Canadians. He will not even be present to reopen Parliament. The titular head of the country, makes a personal decision to absent himself from the business of the country. The convoy is real, the support is real, their goal is real. Over $8 million raised so far and it keep rolling in. That is real support from thousands of people that won't be ignored. Quibbling about how much is corporate and how much is private. Continually moaning about donation accountability, when it's already a dead issue is childish. People that are quibbling that the estimate doesn't reflect reality, or those that, like the CBC, spend their time looking for one or two individuals to demonize thousands of citizens with, instead of considering the majority who are there for peaceful purposes are plain and simple, trudeau's useful idiots. Too busy looking through a microscope instead of binoculars. It simply proves that trudeau has managed to effectively create a divisive society. The Freedom Convoy has already won, by exposing the liberals for what they are. I've read a few times (I should have bookmarked) Canada, currently, has the most restrictive covid mandates in the world. Why is that? Is Canada's covid response the way to be? Is our situation worse than everyone else? Or should we be following the rest of the world and move from pandemic to endemic?
You have been paying attention right? Restrictions in Ontario are being loosened in a few days with the goal of removing them in March.

Go into a grocery aisle right now and you can see how fragile the supply chain is. Is this mandate on truckers worth the price you are going to pay down the road?

Meanwhile some more feed on the protest

Go into a grocery aisle right now and you can see how fragile the supply chain is. Is this mandate on truckers worth the price you are going to pay down the road?

We'll all pay, one way or another, for this. The government has no money. It all comes from us.
Every cent trudeau spends, on whatever, comes from taxpayers.

You have been paying attention right? Restrictions in Ontario are being loosened in a few days with the goal of removing them in March.
Does this loosening of restrictions include any changes for unvaccinated Ontarians, or will they continue to live under the same lockdown restictions that have been in place since September? Is there any indication of an end to the vaccine passport system? ... I guess who cares about others, right?

I just got back from what normally would have been a quick trip to the store out here in Vanier. It took about three to four times as long to get home as it normally would have due to the congestion.

Didn't see any nazis, but I did see a huge number of trucks, cars, vans, and big rigs with Canadian flags waving. People obeyed the traffic laws, honked their horns to show support. The parking at the Holiday Inn on Coventry, was also filled with vehicles flying flags and honking. Even saw people walking on the sidewalk waving in support of the protest.

The DJ on the radio was attempting to make the protest sound horrible, saying she felt sorry for the people who came out for a "peaceful protest". She then had to admit there had been no violence, and no damage done to property, you could hear the disappointment in her voice.

Like the Black Block thugs clomping in to BLM rallies? Not invited, but show up anyway. No one that I’ve seen hasn’t acknowledged that there are some extreme folks latching on.
People around these parts have said that BLM/Antifa/anti-capitalism protesters should keep a grip on black bloc lest the frustrations feeding the majority get downplayed (or just painted said protesters with a broad brush), so it's only fair that people say the same about another larger group keeping a grip on a small, but dopey, group from causing the frustrations feeding the majority to get downplayed.

Inflated concern that has been easily explained:

Saw this about that, from Midland, ON.

I'm up that way. I haven't seen a bare shelf since the run on TP during wave #1.

I've been watching the Ottawa coverage on and off today. Other than noise and a bunch of people milling about, I haven't seen anything focused. No speeches, rallying cries, no 'centre stage', etc. It's almost like they arrived and said 'now what' and didn't have an answer.

I'm up that way. I haven't seen a bare shelf since the run on TP during wave #1.

I've been watching the Ottawa coverage on and off today. Other than noise and a bunch of people milling about, I haven't seen anything focused. No speeches, rallying cries, no 'centre stage', etc. It's almost like they arrived and said 'now what' and didn't have an answer.
I think it's more a sign that people are fed up with governments of all levels, and are taking to the streets to be seen, and to try to force the government to acknowledge them.

I think it's more a sign that people are fed up with governments of all levels, and are taking to the streets to be seen, and to try to force the government to acknowledge them.

Exactly I don't think it's about truckers and vaccine mandates anymore. People are using this to vent their frustrations for the nonsense of our inept government from the past 2 years.

By doing what? Milling about? Sure, massed presence has value, but some drove several thousand K for this? Nobody is in the buildings most are wandering around in front of. If you want to be acknowledged or send a message via mere presence, stand at somebody's door on Hallowe'en; at least you get candy.

Back