• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

WTB - Black/OD NCdt slipon

Dipstick

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been trying for a little while to track one or two of these down.  I've got a new nametape, but the ASU that supplies me has never heard of the new ranks.  Has anyone seen any around they may be willing to send me?

Dipstick said:
Hi guys,

I've been trying for a little while to track one or two of these down.  I've got a new nametape, but the ASU that supplies me has never heard of the new ranks.  Has anyone seen any around they may be willing to send me?

I have never seen OD rank with black thread. I seen the name tags, first time today. My guess is they are ordering them in. Just give it time. Besides, navy guys in combats? Yuck!  Makes me look "switched on"... now where did I put my putties? ;D

TN2IC said:
I have never seen OD rank with black thread. I seen the name tags, first time today. My guess is they are ordering them in. Just give it time. Besides, navy guys in combats? Yuck!  Makes me look "switched on"... now where did I put my putties? ;D

Yep,

They are out for contract now ...

Sorry if i seem confused, but if I understand this correctly the Navy will be issued rank slips in cadpat or the whole uniform will be going to cadpat instead of salt/peppers ? Please clarify and thanks :)

Navy members wearing CADPAT uniforms are to wear black t-shirts with black/green rank and nametapes.  NCD remains the standards working rig in a naval environment, and "Salt and Peppers" remain the navy's DEU 3B.  Nothing's being replaced.

Sorry I miss typed (spoke) when I refereed to ("salt & peppers") I should have said NCD's, but in what situations then would Navy personal be wearing cadpat then?

We've got ALL NCM ranks and officer ranks from Naval Cadet through Captain (N) available IMMEDIATELY in OD slip-ons with black embroidery as per the new naval dress regs.  Same goes for Air Force and Army rank slip-ons respectively.

http://www.cpgear.com/default.asp?mn=1.19.56&f=pd&pid=575

Gho57rid3r said:
Sorry I miss typed (spoke) when I refereed to ("salt & peppers") I should have said NCD's, but in what situations then would Navy personal be wearing cadpat then?

Navy types working on green (or blue) bases can (should) wear CADPAT as their dress of the day.
The same way as the AF has gone with a blue TShirt, OD name tape & slip ons with blue thread... the Navy is going likewise - with black thread.

I would guess that this would be for a more universatility of dress ? have everyone in a "similar" dress.  But you wouldn't wear NCD's with Cadpat rank slips correct ?

Gho57rid3r said:
I would guess that this would be for a more universatility of dress ? have everyone in a "similar" dress.  But you wouldn't wear NCD's with Cadpat rank slips correct ?

NO you would not.

Gho57rid3r said:

Base Defence Force

But I still see the Olive Drab still floating around.

Naval personnel engaged in direct support of land operations.

So, the Naval personnel in the box doing gate duty would be in CADPAT. Clerks, cooks, supply techs, MedTechs and other support trades that are technically purple would wear CADPAT if they were engaged in direct support duties with the Land or Air Elements.

MedTech said:
So, the Naval personnel in the box doing gate duty would be in CADPAT.

Not always, I see most time just NCD's (I think they are called) on before with flak jacket and pistol.
I see Navy folks on the ranges with the Olive Drabs on. They refer to them as pajamas, I don't know why.

;D

Really? That just sounds stupid! I mean NCDs in A-stan?! I find that really hard to believe...

MedTech said:
Really? That just sounds stupid! I mean NCDs in A-stan?! I find that really hard to believe...

Well that... duh... different story. I misinterpret the term "box" as in a gate house down in the dockyard.

Hahaha ah! I see what you mean now! No if they're doing PSC they wear NCDs or black coveralls too I thin, especially if they'rre on RHIBsm

Back