• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

World War 3 is underway

twistedcables

Inactive
Reaction score
It began on or about New Year's 2009.  It began in the Holy Lands - as it is supposed to.  It is acknowledged in the eschatological writings of Jews, Christians and Muslims.

Also, it started the new year in which Obama is to take office - and we've all see how he has been portrayed by the MSM.  Add to that the buzz about 2012 - when Obama should still be in office.  Heck 2012 could mean nothing, gibberish - but worthy to note regardless.

I'm marking this date - and comparing the same to where we stand in 2012 and then post in reply to this message. 

Even IF WW3 were underway, I have no doubt this forum will still be operational...hehe

God Bless

:cdn: :salute:

twistedcables said:
It began on or about New Year's 2009.  It began in the Holy Lands - as it is supposed to.  It is acknowledged in the eschatological writings of Jews, Christians and Muslims.

Also, it started the new year in which Obama is to take office - and we've all see how he has been portrayed by the MSM.  Add to that the buzz about 2012 - when Obama should still be in office.  Heck 2012 could mean nothing, gibberish - but worthy to note regardless.

I'm marking this date - and comparing the same to where we stand in 2012 and then post in reply to this message. 

Even IF WW3 were underway, I have no doubt this forum will still be operational...hehe

God Bless

:cdn: :salute:

Time to dig out all our books on Nostradamus' predictions ?

I think he needs a refund on whatever he is smoking....

If the Third World War starts, does that mean we'll get more new kit?! Sweet!!!  :threat:

PuckChaser said:
If the Third World War starts, does that mean we'll get more new kit?! Sweet!!!  :threat:

I always was under the impression that WW III would be over before they decided what kit to get.

That's saying one of 2 things:

1. That WW3 would be over really really fast.
2. That the supply system moves very very very slow.

Or maybe both.

Nites

Niteshade said:
That's saying one of 2 things:

1. That WW3 would be over really really fast.
2. That the supply system moves very very very slow.

Or maybe both.

Nites

1.   If it had gone/does go nuclear/biological/chemical; yes.

2.   Not really the Supply System, but the "Tendering", "Decision Making System" and then the "Manufacturing System".  Quite a long process these days.

Albert Einstein said that he didn't know how we would fight WW-3, but he did know how we would fight WW-4..with sticks and stones. ( and it will probably be in the middle east!)

Well in terms of time WW-1 was 4years, WW-2 was 6years, the war on terror is in it's 7th year and we still haven't toppled the 2 largest supporters of world terrorism being Iran and Syria I think that it is fair to say that we are on the way to WW-3. None of the major terrorist formations have been destroyed, Al quieda is reformed in Pakistan, Hamas is getting pasted now, Hezbollah is still operating both armed by Iran.  The Taliban is being equipped by Iran, Syria is providing logistics and training.  Neither country has been dealt with directly so the fighting will go on until they are.

thunderchild said:
Well in terms of time WW-1 was 4years, WW-2 was 6years, the war on terror is in it's 7th year and we still haven't toppled the 2 largest supporters of world terrorism being Iran and Syria I think that it is fair to say that we are on the way to WW-3. None of the major terrorist formations have been destroyed, Al quieda is reformed in Pakistan, Hamas is getting pasted now, Hezbollah is still operating both armed by Iran.  The Taliban is being equipped by Iran, Syria is providing logistics and training.  Neither country has been dealt with directly so the fighting will go on until they are.

How long was that flash in the pan called the cold war?

dileas

tess

The only reason I did not include the Cold War was that it was fought by proxy in Korea, 4 Arab/Israeli wars, Vietnam, Cuba, Angola, Lebanon, Afghanistan etc these wars were not global in nature in so far as  the USSR and NATO (being the major powers by far) didn't fight it out directly.  This is much the same way that Iran and Syria are using Hezbollah and hamas to attack Israel. 

IF we are going to debate terminology then Gulf war-1 could be considered WW-3 given it's scope approval by the UN and number of nations that took part.

Or you could take another view that there was no WWI or WWII - it was one Continental war (with a bit in Africa and slaughter in Gallipoli), with a 21 year hiatus for rearming/resupply and some tactics changes.  The Treaty of Versailles virtually ensured that there would be a European Round Two with the same major players in the same roles.

I tend to agree but there is the problem of fighting an Ideology not empire that separates the two ad makes them distinctive.

twistedcables said:

Funny, I thought it was just business as usual over there....

George Wallace said:
Not really the Supply System, but the "Tendering", "Decision Making System" and then the "Manufacturing System".  Quite a long process these days.

Very true, George.  Couple that with the institutionalized aversion to buying any military kit "off the shelf" in order to maximize the economic benefits to Canada and "bolster" certain sectors of Canadian industry and business.  (Did we really need the LSVW???)

Phew....at least no one mentioned that crazy POLAR SHIFT apocalypse idea of 2012 again.  ;D And someone should think of introducing a special smiley with a tinfoil helmet.

CougarDaddy said:
And someone should think of introducing a special smiley with a tinfoil helmet.

afdbsmiley.gif

2331212113_9ec5b496e8.jpg

Best I could find....

But this is better!

tin_foil_hat2.gif

Back