• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Woman too sexy for airline poses for Playboy

CougarKing

Army.ca Fixture
Inactive
Reaction score
Awww...Southwest Airlines is no fun either!!!  :'( ;D

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21834395/?GT1=10547

MSNBC.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
‘Too sexy for Southwest’ woman in Playboy
Woman pulled from flight because of clothes reveals a lot more on Web
The Associated Press
updated 6:18 a.m. PT, Fri., Nov. 16, 2007
DALLAS - A 23-year-old college student who was told by a Southwest Airlines employee that her outfit was too revealing to fly is wearing even less on Playboy’s Web site.

Kyla Ebbert appears in a series of pictures — some in lingerie, some nude — under the heading, “Legs in the Air.”

“They’re very tastefully done,” Ebbert told The Associated Press on Thursday. “I don’t see anything wrong with the female body.”

Playboy contacted Ebbert’s attorney to pitch the idea of posing. After “a little bit of talking” to convince her mother, Ebbert agreed. She said her boyfriend supported her decision, but “the most hesitant one was my dad.”

On its Web site, Playboy says Ebbert “was too sexy for Southwest Airlines, but she’s perfect for Playboy.”

Ebbert said she was paid “less than six figures” to pose, but wouldn’t give the specific amount.

A Southwest Airlines Co. employee pulled Ebbert off a flight this summer and forced her to adjust her outfit of a tank top, sweater and miniskirt before getting back on the plane.

Ebbert ripped the airline in appearances on NBC’s “The Today Show” and “The Dr. Phil Show,” during which she wore the outfit. Southwest officials said they don’t have a dress code but don’t want customers’ attire to offend other passengers.

Ebbert said she was offended that Southwest tried to turn the dustup to its advantage by promoting a fare sale in honor of miniskirts. Southwest apologized to Ebbert, but she said she found the double-entendre-laced message unacceptable.

“They used my name in an ad campaign without asking permission,” she said. “I thought I’d been slapped in the face.”

Told of Ebbert’s spread on the Playboy Web site, Southwest spokeswoman Beth Harbin said, “We wish her all the best.”

Ebbert worked at a Hooters in San Diego but said wants to become an attorney, and doesn’t think posing nude should get in the way of her professional aspirations.

“This was beautiful and classy. I don’t see why it would affect a professional position,” she said. “I’d do it again in a heartbeat.”

© 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21834395/?GT1=10547

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MSN Privacy . Legal
© 2007 MSNBC.com

And another unknown gets their (more than) "15 minutes of fame."  ::)

Playboy contacted Ebbert’s attorney to pitch the idea of posing. After “a little bit of talking” to convince her mother, Ebbert agreed. She said her boyfriend supported her decision, but “the most hesitant one was my dad.”

Hmm....upset cause hes going to have to miss an issue?

Has anyone watched the video of her being interviewed? The outfit is not that 'provocative' or 'revealing'. Heck I have seen some flight attendants look sexier... I bet this all boils down to a man didnt want his wife seeing him get all hot an bothered because of a good looking passenger... SWA is a bunch of knuckleheads it seems.

Some articles about it say that she was asked to do abunch of stuff to her outfit before she even looked like how she was on those shows...

Lone Wolf Quagmire said:

Sorry what? lol

and ixium really? all I have seen is that was the exact outfit.. although I can certainly agree that the media likes to disguise things... apparently she got back on a SWA flight from Tucson back to San Diego 2 hours later, wearing the same outfit (the one she was asked to fix) and was complimented by an employee...

a dress code for airliners? Come on now..
I remember in high school when they tried to impose a dress code, it lasted all of two days and then no one followed it.  ^-^

I just watched the video, you can tell the guy doing the interview is just loooving it hahah.

She offered to pull the top of her sweater tight over her breasts and her skirt down as far as possible, a compromise that was accepted.

How far up the skirt was and where the rest of it was up to the imagination.

http://allday.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/09/07/348617.aspx
But when she sat down, we learned just how short that skirt was -- when she flashed our national television audience. Yeah, that skirt was short.

But when she sat down, we learned just how short that skirt was -- when she flashed our national television audience. Yeah, that skirt was short.

and your point was.........

Well one good thing came from this... those Playboy lingerie shots are most definatly 'nice' :D

Lone Wolf Quagmire said:
This
Thread
Is
Useless
Without
Pics

TTIUWOP

kyla_ebbert.jpg

also just for good measure...

img.17730_t.jpg

Anyone want to venture an idea as to why the good Sir Richard Branson is what looks to be a cassock?

I also would link the lingerie pics from playboy, however I would venture to assume that they would be unapproriate for the site :)

I wonder if this is exactly what she looked like when she got on that plane? I read a report that she actually had her belly showing and the skirt was hiked up pretty high....thus her offer to pull her shirt down and her skirt down a little lower as well.
I grew up during the sixties and remember micro mini skirts and hot pants and i certainly appreciated them as a hot blooded young man. There were a lot of young girls who got sent home to change in those days cause they kept pushing the envelope of modesty and the norms of the day.

This gal presently goes to college in San Diego and works as a Hooters waitress (apparently). She has just posed nude (I didn't check it out) for Playboy and apparently she says that she wishes to become a lawyer one day and that she sees nothing unprofessional about wearing attire or lack of attire such as she wore on the plane etc.
I remember a case in a Windsor court house not too long ago where a judge threw a female lawyer out of court for showing too much cleavage and accused her of dressing inappropriately and unprofessionally. I'm not sure where that case ended up but there was an uproar over it at the time.

Besides the fact that this is obviously someone who has gotten way too much publicity for this incident it begs the question about what is appropriate wear nowadays when one appears in public. Last time I travelled there was a guy in a filthy smelly track suit who sat next to me and I kinda wished they had told him he was not dressed appropriately for the flight. ::)

She seems like another typical hollywood bimbo Paris Hilton wannabe that seem to be in the thousands now a days. I don't know how she hopes to go to law school, I'm surprised she even found the right entrance to the air port lol.  :-X

I saw on another blog that someone found her myspace, and let's just say that her pictures on there shed alot of light as to what kind of a girl she is and how it's not surprising that she'd get in trouble for dressing inappropriately.

In Hoc Signo,

Going to school and surrounded by beautiful, young and scantly clad young women does stir the imagination when they starts blah blah blahing. That being said, despite our modern culture turning and pushing the envelope of risque, there is a time and place for it. A court room, a place of worship and a hospital are just a few places that I can think of where dressing in revealing clothing is anything BUT appropriate. All of the above listed places serve a purpose and status within our society that should never be allowed to be violated or disrespected. To me, dressing like the way that young woman did in any of those places would be extremely inappropriate, and I don't think the judge was out of place in telling that attorney to dress appropriately by removing her from the courtroom either.

Yes we are progressive, and yes we are ever evolving society, but some areas of our society should never be changed in order to preserve order. You guys must all think I'm backwards... but...

With all THAT being said, wear w/e you want on an airplane! Doesn't less clothes mean less places to hide things? ;D

MedTech said:
In Hoc Signo,

Going to school and surrounded by beautiful, young and scantly clad young women does stir the imagination when they starts blah blah blahing. That being said, despite our modern culture turning and pushing the envelope of risque, there is a time and place for it. A court room, a place of worship and a hospital are just a few places that I can think of where dressing in revealing clothing is anything BUT appropriate. All of the above listed places serve a purpose and status within our society that should never be allowed to be violated or disrespected. To me, dressing like the way that young woman did in any of those places would be extremely inappropriate, and I don't think the judge was out of place in telling that attorney to dress appropriately by removing her from the courtroom either.

Yes we are progressive, and yes we are ever evolving society, but some areas of our society should never be changed in order to preserve order. You guys must all think I'm backwards... but...

With all THAT being said, wear w/e you want on an airplane! Doesn't less clothes mean less places to hide things? ;D

I agree...I would also note that the places where people are expected to have some modicum of modesty and decorum are getting fewer and fewer. It used to be that all places of business were considered places to wear appropriate business dress. If you were a business man or woman that meant jacket and tie or the equivalent for women and if you were a tradesman, clean and appropriate coveralls or work dress. Most messes still have a formal dress code and publish the expected level of dress for various events. People getting onto planes used to wear clean neat clothing and take some level of pride in their appearance.

IN HOC SIGNO said:
I remember a case in a Windsor court house not too long ago where a judge threw a female lawyer out of court for showing too much cleavage and accused her of dressing inappropriately and unprofessionally. I'm not sure where that case ended up but there was an uproar over it at the time.
That's exactly what I thought of too... Don't recall whatever happened to her though...

Fyuri said:
That's exactly what I thought of too... Don't recall whatever happened to her though...

Where's zipperhead cop when we need him? He's down there on the local scene in Windsor.

Back