• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Withheld/passed over information?

Elorajen said:
I certainly hope that this helps people seeking information on this topic so that they won't have to bother the local curmudgeons with their pesky questions and requests for hugs and kissies!

;D

the 48th regulator said:
Here is a wild one for ya,

Ever thought of getting your Doctor involved, and maybe help to clarify this for them via a letter?

Just a hint which will save you from annoying the Recruiting centre,  and maybe your Doc can help you understand what "Depression" really is.....

Just my thoughts...

dileas

tess

the 48th regulator said:
Ah yes, the age old, I am someplace with no Doctor response.

Let me guess, your file is in limbo or missing, as you contacted the Doctor that was helping you at the time....

::)  So uhm, BA in Psychology and working for Alberta Mental health you are going to tell me you can not find resources, such as a clinician, that will help you substantiate your state of well being??

Hurray,

You did it, and all without the help of a curmudgeon like me........

Good thing you are here to help.

Good luck,a nd hope things go well with the evaluation.

dileas

tess

Elorajen said:
And yes, I'm married to the military. Most (dependent) wives that I've talked to, feel the same way.  We are asked to move across the country and give up careers, good paying jobs, friends family, all for the sake of our husbands and their careers.

You could have said no.  I often wonder why people say such things, its like being invited to a boxing match, and complaining about the fighting.  You marry the man/woman not the uniform.

Elorajen said:
I suspect that you consider your career in the military, more than just a "job". As with ALL military, the job comes first

Nope I consider it a decent job, and in my world the family always comes first!  Something that I picked up as a kid while moving from base to base, friends came and went, but the family was always there.  That is why family is number one, the second they are placed anywhere else on the list, you might as well throw the list out.

I really hope the evaluation goes well, and that you get in.  Good Luck

You could have said no. 

Sure. With a detriment to your career. Once upon a time, I know that you could claim hardship if both partners were working and pass on a posting, but from what I understand now, if you say no, your option is to go IR. That's harder on the family in my opinion. I know quite a few families here that are on IR, its very very hard on them. One woman is on their 19th year of IR - can you beleive that? Her family is all here and she runs their family business. Another woman sees her husband a few times a year when he comes in from Comox. I'd rather be with my husband personally, even though I have family in Ontario and his is in Alberta. It can be tough - but what's the MFRC slogan about families? The strength behind the uniform.

This is rumor, but apparently guys were threatening to pull the pin when the career managers were telling them that they were posted, at one time, it worked. Now, the CMs are calling their bluff.

I left a great job to move here, but I see it less as a loss and more of an adventure. I get itchy feet if we are anywhere for more than a few years. I was going nuts when we were stuck in Edmonton for 9 years, then we spent 4 in Wainwright and could NOT wait to get out of there to explore the coast. I was eager to move.

So, just curious - when called up to be deployed, do you say no cause you'd rather be with your family? In those instances you put your country and your job first. You are asked to put your life on the line because your country has asked you too. You may die. YES you love your family no one doubts that - but in that instance, they do NOT come first. Your job does.

I would be over the moon to not see my husband deploy in December, heck, it would be cool too if he could opt out of the 6 week exercise he is currently on. I just had the flu, man did that SUCK with a three year old and 6 year old running around! No family to help here, my one girlfriend has a 4 month old, so I couldn't ask her to come take my kids while I puked for 16 hours. I wish that I could have picked up the phone and tell him to move me up on his list! 

I beleive the term that is often used is "suck it up buttercup", I hear it a lot when I start whining. In fact, I seem to recall someone saying something similar earlier in this thread.  ;)

Damn you guys make me babble.

Elorajen said:
One woman is on their 19th year of IR -

They had other options so i dont feel bad one bit.

This is rumor, but apparently guys were threatening to pull the pin when the career managers were telling them that they were posted, at one time, it worked. Now, the CMs are calling their bluff.

Those are not rumours and the CM was rioght in calling their bluffs. I'm cool with someone who doesnt want to move, i understand, but if you are saying "post me and i'll get out, i'll have more respect if that person actualy gets out.

So, just curious - when called up to be deployed, do you say no cause you'd rather be with your family?

In fact i have. My daughter moved in with me last summer and being by myself it was not a good time for me to go to the sandbox so i said "no".

In those instances you put your country and your job first. You are asked to put your life on the line because your country has asked you too. You may die. YES you love your family no one doubts that - but in that instance, they do NOT come first. Your job does.

Thanks for the lesson. I'm sure that those of us actualy serving, know what its like.

I beleive the term that is often used is "suck it up buttercup", I hear it a lot when I start whining. In fact, I seem to recall someone saying something similar earlier in this thread.  ;)

If you hear it alot from different people then they could be right.

If you hear it a lot from different people then they could be right.

Just my husband. But he's also usually right. Oh, and I beleive it was you that said to suck it up and call the CFRC. You were right too.

We were actually talking about this subject tonight, and he said not to forget "service before self" which is apparently a common doctrine in the military?

My daughter moved in with me last summer and being by myself it was not a good time for me to go to the sandbox so i said "no".

Extenuating circumstances. Come on, of course in that instance family comes first if there was no one to take care of your child.

That said, I was also informed by the recruiter that if it comes that we are both to be deployed, we would be expected to go, and we would not be able to say "well, my kids have to be looked after so one of us has to stay home!"

I'm sure that those of us actualy serving, know what its like.

You are of course correct, and I certainly appreciate the sacrifice you and your family makes to your country for us all.

Back