• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Winter warfare course pub?

swoop_ds

Inactive
Reaction score
I've been out of the forces for about five years now and currently work at a Christian Camp. In the winter we try to run stuff more geared for adults to fill up some of the weekends when the facility isn't booked.

Anyways, I had this idea of running a mini winter warfare course (no weapons of course) to coincide with teaching on how to equip yourself against the attacks that satan takes on us on a daily basis(spiritual warfare). Mostly we would just do stuff that push people and make them tired, uncomfortable, etc because the devil always kicks you when you're down.

So I guess I'm wondering if a PDF for the winter warfare pub exists or if someone would potentially mail us a copy.  (Not too sure if either thing is allowed since I'm a civvie now but just thought I'd ask)

Thanks,
Dave

Get a copy of the old scouts handbook.

Not joking.

Thanks guys!  I also searched the library database and found some stuff that should work.

The Canadian Army published a pamphlet circa 1958 titled A Soldier's Guide to the North. You might be able to get one on an inter-library loan or perhaps there is a copy in a unit library.

That pub was republished as a CFP.

The att may be helpful.

Don't forget the code word/Acronym COLD.

C - Clean clothing
O - Avoid overheating
L - Loose, layered clothing
D - Keep clothing DRY.

Winter warfare is broken up into many different courses and many different publications. Your best bet is to try and get ahold of the TP for basic winter warfare, within that, find the publication references, and there you go... You can find many of those online for sale, and if your are former serving I'm sure you have some contacts that can send you a few non restricted lesson plans.

Also great job, passing on that knowledge is a great way to stay current and to brush up old skills.

Back