• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Will the CF help me out with school at all?

kolkol

Inactive
Reaction score
I'm on leave right now, and sitting on PAT for what seems like will be a very long time. Anyways, instead of just sitting there staring at a wall, I wouldn't mind heading back to school to finish my degree, even if its just night classes. So first question is, can I even do this? Second question is, is there anyway I can swindle it so that I'm doing it instead of sitting on PAT all day twiddling my thumbs. And third question is, would the CF help out in anyway financially?

Thanks

Get thee to the Base Personnel Selection Officer (BPSO).  He/she will have all the details you seek.  Yes, there may be something you can do.

Listen to above poster!

For those who are in the Reserves and going to school = They will give you a (I think) a maximum of $2000 per year for your post-secondary education.
I've heard from the rumor mill that as long as you're in the reg-force and want to go to school for something trade-related, they will help you. I've heard they even will supply you a laptop and stuff, and they will pay the tuition AFTER you've completed the degree. That's just what I've heard.

CDA has the info on Education Reimbursement -

DWAN site: http://cda.mil.ca/COS/engraph/DCOS%20LS/er/reimbursement_e.asp
Internet site: http://www.cda-acd.forces.gc.ca/dli-dai/er-re/index-eng.asp

MPwannabe said:
Listen to above poster!

For those who are in the Reserves and going to school = They will give you a (I think) a maximum of $2000 per year for your post-secondary education.
I've heard from the rumor mill that as long as you're in the reg-force and want to go to school for something trade-related, they will help you. I've heard they even will supply you a laptop and stuff, and they will pay the tuition AFTER you've completed the degree. That's just what I've heard.

Not quite accurate; (for NCM-SEP and ROTP) the cost of your education will be subsidized.  Tuition, books and mandatory equipment are paid for (if it is on your school program's book list as a mandatory necessity for your course then it will be paid for, or issued to you from the supply chain if possible). 

You must be given a job offer from the CF, an offer of student enrollment from the university/college and once sworn in, the process for your tution to be paid will be started long BEFORE you have completed your degree. 

Try here for more:  http://www.forces.ca/en/page/paideducation-96#introduction-0

Thanks for correcting me CN, I didn't want to give misleading information to the poster.

I take it there's no program in place for reimbursement of education earned before enrollment?

MMSS said:
I take it there's no program in place for reimbursement of education earned before enrollment?

Not that I've ever heard. Education before enrollment could get you an advanced standing in your trade, or a different entry plan.

PuckChaser said:
Not that I've ever heard. Education before enrollment could get you an advanced standing in your trade, or a different entry plan.

That's what I figured. Although I have to verify it with the RC I have read rumors here that apparently having a 4-year degree as opposed to a 3-year *may* qualify for an IPC or two., which would be a nice little bonus.

MMSS said:
That's what I figured. Although I have to verify it with the RC I have read rumors here that apparently having a 4-year degree as opposed to a 3-year *may* qualify for an IPC or two., which would be a nice little bonus.

Not sure where you read that, but it's wrong - both towards the NCM world, and the Officer stream.

Occam said:
Not sure where you read that, but it's wrong - both towards the NCM world, and the Officer stream.

Ah well. A man can dream.

Back