• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

WHY DO I WAIT SO LONG?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mountain19

Inactive
Reaction score
Got a quick question. My offer for REG INFAN was offered to me on March 30 and my course dates is scheduled for June 12-Aug 25. They say my enrollment is not until they end of May. Can anyone tell maybe why that is. Why not swear me in and have me on leave without pay. Anyone want to add more

What's the difference? I mean....you got in either way.

They do it I guess to get everyone done at once. I got my call about a month ago. Do my paperwork and of May and swear in June 3. I know I am swearing in with 250 people. Man that will be a long day.

And How long do you expect to sever our military??

Do you think a couple of weeks is so bad in the long scheme of your career?

ponder that,

locked unless we have a significant reason to carry on.

dileas

tess

There is a little thing known as LWOP or LEAVE WITHOUT PAY.  That may not sound like much, but at the end of your Career, it can have a serious effect on your Severance Pay.  LWOP are counted towards your Pensionable time, but when your Severance Pay is calculated, it is only for Paid Time.  If you have any Leave Without Pay, those days are deducted from your total days of your Career.  Therefore, at the end of twenty, twenty-five, thirty, or whatever years you will be short those days to make a complete year.  That means you loose a years worth of Severance Pay, which could be a couple thousand dollars out of your pocket.

There are ways around that.  One way is not to have them before you join, or to have Leave that will take you past your Release date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back