• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Why Delete Your Account?

One would think you ended your account a long time ago, seeing how this was your first post since 2005.

It's all about being accurate in my books. This site boasts a membership of 20980, but how many of those people have given up on the site without bothering to have there account deleted because they don't know how?? You should have a simple delete my account button like Yahoo groups.

toglmonster said:
It's all about being accurate in my books. This site boasts a membership of 20980, but how many of those people have given up on the site without bothering to have there account deleted because they don't know how?? You should have a simple delete my account button like Yahoo groups.
I don't think that would be smart because then someone could come and spam/troll the boards, and then bam, their gone.

toglmonster said:

Mike used to delete accounts that haven't been used in the last year however with workups and tour times taking longer and longer he hasn't done that for awhile. We are still discussing this one.

If this site ever became a moron-zone like yahoo groups I would be gone in a heartbeat.........

The Beaver said:
I don't think that would be smart because then someone could come and spam/troll the boards, and then bam, their gone.

In practice, they're gone anyway because the staff are very vigilant about getting rid of them.

I'm almost certain that there used to be a means for a user to delete his own account.  Was I imagining it?

N. McKay said:
I'm almost certain that there used to be a means for a user to delete his own account.  Was I imagining it?

No, you are correct, at one time you could but it went away to deter "post trash and runs".

How do I delete my account? I've been attempting to look for any type of option on my profile settings. Can someone please help! Thanks

favre said:
How do I delete my account? I've been attempting to look for any type of option on my profile settings. Can someone please help! Thanks

1.  Go to the first post of this topic and read from there to here.

2.  Repeat if necessary.

I am becoming more of a nuisance on this site but great forum though.

If you are "becoming" a nuisance due to you posting in a manner which is under your control, then you have the means to stop "becoming a nuisance".

Sometimes new people, young people, or new young people are tripped up by their own enthusiasm. In being anxious to learn and/or have your questions answered, you have a narrow view and can't or won't see the big picture. Maturity, initiative and the ability to follow instructions are all traits that make good soldiers. Reckless enthusiasm is not desirable, however.

Slow down, re-read (and understand) the FAQ's found here: http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/41136.0.html

Conduct guidelines are here: http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/24937.0.html

With literally thousands of members and several years in existence, there are not many questions this board hasn't seen, and answered. Read, read, read and then read some more. Talk to Recruiters who are the only reliable source to provide current answers your specific questions.

If that is too hard, too slow or too onerous - then extreme temperatures, enemy fire, hundreds of hours on the parade square, and a career laden with monotonous but important tasks - probably aren't for you either.

max wood said:
I am becoming more of a nuisance on this site but great forum though.

I urge you not to become discouraged and/or upset, simply because you feel you may have gotten off on the wrong foot. Many do, myself included.

Reading will help you understand how users interact with each other and you'll also learn a lot along the way.  If you shy away now, you might end up missing out on many opportunities to increase the knowledge of your trade(s) and the Forces in general. (Yes, you can access threads without being a member, but it's much easier with an account.) In short, you might lose out.

This site has been an excellent tool and many of its users have helped me immensely. I would like to see others benefit as much as I have.

Like other moderators before me have said, read and understand more, post less, follow the rules, and you can stay out of trouble and learn quite a bit.

Good luck!

View Profile
Personal Message (Online)

Re: USMC vs Canadian Army..whos better?

« Reply #78 on: Today at 22:32:28 »

Modify

To Max  and others - My ultimate warrior post was in very bad  taste

I apologize unreservedly.

I hope that was not what was causing you to think of leaving.

I will not excuse myself.

I wish you  well

Inquisitor said:

View Profile
Personal Message (Online)

Re: USMC vs Canadian Army..whos better?

« Reply #78 on: Today at 22:32:28 »

Modify

To Max  and others - My ultimate warrior post was in very bad  taste

I apologize unreservedly.

I hope that was not what was causing you to think of leaving.

I will not excuse myself.

I wish you  well

Recognizing that you may be wasting people's time with your posts and that you might not be the best person to chime in on most subjects is the first step.

Just 11 more to go. :salute:

Guidelines

which can probably be summed up as do as you would be done by

Understood. No excuses

I would like my account deleted because I do not want to be associated with the obnoxiousness of this forum/ site.
I have every right as per the terms to not be a part of this site if I want.

Back