• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Why are these freaks allowed to wear the uniform?

reccecrewman

Inactive
Reaction score
This has been eating at me all day, and I'm sure others here have encountered this type of person in the CF.  When I got to work this morning, the topic of discussion was the Taxi VBIED on the LAV III..  One moronic individual in the group turned around and says "Wow, it's getting pretty hairy over there - lot of sh!t goin down, I think I'll find a way to DAG red so I don't have to go" Arrrrrrrggghhh!!!  :brickwall:  I snapped and lost it on him. "You've been in the Army for nearly 5 years, taking money from Canadian taxpayers to do the job and now when it matters most, you want to stay here in Canada and let some other soldier go over and do YOUR job? Do you think this is welfare with guns? People like you sicken me and shouldn't be allowed to wear the uniform - you need to go home and take a long hard look in the mirror, and if a steady paycheck is the only reason you can come up with for being here, put your VR in most ricky tick and stop being a leech on Canadian taxpayers" 

This really has been eating at me that there are actually people like this in our Army.  These bloodsuckers need to be weeded out of our ranks ASAP. 

If he ain't goin, i will  :D

In all seriousness, they're everywheres. Anyone can BS their way through an interview, so their motives for joining are really up in the air. In the end, if he'll cower back, fine. Better to have these types get their way and sit at home, and have someone who cares takes their place and actually get the job done, am I right?

Like i said, they're everywheres.

You did him a favour by outing on him.  Now, he will either grow up or get worse.  Either way, he should get noticed.

Tell everyone in your unit the story.  They deserve to know.

Reccecrewman, yes...that is absolute BS!  :rage: 

We are way too small for what we're being called to do to have that kind of shite individual "on the team".  I'd rather see LMF discharges and go short than have that kind of a 'soldier' in my unit!

Duey

I can one up you on that one. I knew a guy who was in the reserves still as a weapons tech. Oka hit the fan and he kept going on about how he wanted to go and "kill some wagon burners" So the fatefull day comes and his unit calls him and wants to send him to Oka. He promptly quit the military and grew his hair out. There are lots of people like this and I think it is great you called him out in front of everybody. Good luck :cdn:

reccecrewman:

Arrange for your SSM to find out.  He'll love you for it.

Troops who DAG red prior to deployment in the Regiment are flagged for a few reasons and it's taken very seriously too boot.

His career is done if he tries it....and a posting to the school would follow soon after.

As for ratting him out to the SSM....don't bother. I'm sure he already knows...and noted it no doubt.

Troops like that are spotted pretty fast and their reputation destroyed....and it's the slippery slope to "shyteville" for them.

Things like that get around pretty quick in the RCD. If he still refuses without a damn good reason....

He'll be infront of the RSM.

If you did what you said you did.....Well done you.

Regards

Well Franko, I guarentee you know the guy, and I can also guarentee you don't have a high opinion of him.....................  :salute:

Hello all
I sit here typing this for my father a vet ppcli 1st division 39-45,I can not print what he said on a public forum
but whoever this guy is he wants him to know he is crapping on the souls of hundreds of his brothers that fell beside him overseas and thousands of others who fell for the call.
one quote:the streak of yellow runs the length of him
                                                                                                  thanks

parkie said:
Hello all
I sit here typing this for my father a vet ppcli 1st division 39-45,I can not print what he said on a public forum
but whoever this guy is he wants him to know he is crapping on the souls of hundreds of his brothers that fell beside him overseas and thousands of others who fell for the call.
one quote:the streak of yellow runs the length of him
                                                                                                   thanks

Could not have said it better myself. I joined because it was the only thing i ever wanted to do and will do. I just wish that i could get out of the QM and go with the boys on a mission and help out.

painswessex said:
Could not have said it better myself. I joined because it was the only thing i ever wanted to do and will do. I just wish that i could get out of the QM and go with the boys on a mission and help out.

He said to tell you it matters not what you do,everyone has a part to play what matters is that you do your part and do it well,i asked him once why he answered the call to duty during the war looking for some explaination like maybe there was no work or perhaps it just seemed like the right thing to do,I got set straight right off He sat straight up and you could see the soldier in him,and he bellered at me,Because that lunatic SOB was trying to take over the world and we had to stop him,I guess it's what honor is all about.

Parkie, thanks for typing your Father's comments. And please thank your Father for his Service.
He is from a generation we will never forget.

Franko said:
His career is done if he tries it....and a posting to the school would follow soon after.

Don't send it here....please. happy thoughts...happy thoughts...

Heres an idea im getting "the itch again" someone organise a 1 for 1 exchange me for him.

Why are these freaks allowed to wear the uniform?

Me thinks it is because it is such a problem to get rid of them.

MM

The sad thing is that this individual will probably get posted to the School. The Career Manager mentioned in his briefing this year that the Regt's want to take admin action against people who DAG Red twice, so rather than go through that paperwork, they will likley send him to Gagetown, where only about 1% of the School ever deploys (yes, soldiers from the School do deploy (on occasion) overseas), and this POS will never have to worry about DAG'ing red here (because if he does get tagged, there are literally 100's of people who would be willing to take his place). I would like to see the School do a DAG once a year, just to get rid of the chronically under-employed. Alas, I am living in a dream-world.

I hope the Regt doesn't take the path of least resistance, and they make him put up or shut up. I personally think that if this individual hasn't signed his IE yet, this is enough (IMO) for them to do everyone the favour and not sign off on it.

Al

Al, doesn't the Army have to annually assess everyone's ability to DAG?  Or even the CF?  I ask because I know that everyone at 1 Wing units must complete a pers readiness state / pseudo-DAG annually...it may even be Air Force wide.  When I deployed, I only had to get a shadow file for the URS, tick the PSTC box, see the Padre with my better half and get the CO to sign the DAG form...that was it, everything else was already done.  I'll try and get more info about the program, unfortunately I can't for the life of me remember what the program is called  :-\ , but we had someone from HR(Mil) brief us in the Wing at Kingston last spring.  That kind of activity would hopefully pick the subject individual out well before a unit was actually tagged for any particular op.

Cheers,
Duey

We have whole ships of Red Daggers! and NATO knee & back

People with pre-written memos (just insert date).........

Allan Luomala said:
I hope the Regt doesn't take the path of least resistance, and they make him put up or shut up. I personally think that if this individual hasn't signed his IE yet, this is enough (IMO) for them to do everyone the favour and not sign off on it.

Knowing the CO and RSM as I have gotten to know them extremely well during the past tour....he's not long for a good punt.

They have very little time for chronic abusers of the system....and wait until Kevin Lee gets here.

The house cleaning is only beginning...and it's about time.

Regards

Maybe what the Forces needs is a base up north, way up north, way up in the coldest most misserable rocky, wind blown place on earth north, with no television, gameboy, or even electrical power, then send these people there so they have time to consider their choice of careers.

That island we wanted to assert our sovereignty over? Say a couple 1000 km toward the north pole of there.

Wow. Meanwhile there is a waiting list in my MOC to get on the tour.

And the idea of posting your problems to the school is arse backwards. It boggles my mind that some units still have that mentality.

Back