• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Who's used a REAL typewriter? (split fm VAC Spending/Downsizing)

Yes I do. Remember putting the typed "skin" on the Gestetner without wrinkles?

In Wpg, I remember when the Boss's secretary got our first electric at Dist HQ.

Rifleman62 said:
Yes I do. Remember putting the typed "skin" on the Gestetner without wrinkles?

In Wpg, I remember when the Boss's secretary got our first electric at Dist HQ.

I don't recall the clerk trusting me that far.  I do remember turning over the bottle of fluid and being told to crank them out.  ka-chunk, ka-chunk, ka,chunk... good times, good times

Oldgateboatdriver said:
Well, you are in the medical field … with a tradition for bad hand writing to uphold :) .

Indeed...scary thing is that I get compliments on how legible my orders and prescriptions are  ???.

MM

jollyjacktar said:
I do remember turning over the bottle of fluid and being told to crank them out.  ka-chunk, ka-chunk, ka,chunk... good times, good times
Ah, the heady, solventy smell of cranking out handouts way back when ....

Three more words for this thread:  REAL.  Carbon.  Copies.
1652.jpg

Was using one in university in 2000. Couldn't afford anything else. :p

I used to use one to fill out score reporting sheets as a soccer referee in the early 2000's. It was a portable typewriter and I definitely appreciated the mechanical aspect of it. Makes me want to dig it out now!

:rofl:

My personal laptop's keyboard has a distinctive "dip" in it, where I got a tad frustrated one day...

So my mate swallowed a typewriter. Now he's suffering from irritable vowel syndrome.

Badum, tissss  :bowing:

Back