• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Who's interested, qualified to refit HMCS PROTECTEUR?

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
This from MERX - highlights mine:
The Department of National DEFENCE has a requirement for a refit of HMCS PROTECTEUR; a West Coast Canadian based PROTECTEUR Class Auxiliary Oil Replenishment (AOR) ship based in Victoria, British Columbia. It is anticipated that the refit work will commence February 2012 with a completion date of December 2012.  Issuance of the Invitation to Tender (ITT) is scheduled for May

Pre-Qualification of bidders will occur prior to issue of the ITT documentation.

Only companies that meet all mandatory requirements as shown on the attached Global Rating Guide will be invited to submit a Tender for the refit of HMCS PROTECTEUR. Verification of the requirements may be conducted at the discretion of the Crown.

Vessel transfer costs will apply to all bids for evaluation purposes.  In accordance with the Shipbuilding Procurement Policy and provided adequate competition exists, the sourcing strategy relating to this procurement will be restricted to companies in Western Canada, since the port of origin of the HMCS PROTECTEUR is Victoria, British Columbia ....

A bit more info in attached bid document.

Updated bid document with a bit more information, attached.

Are these offers are race to the rusty bottom? I can not stop asking in my late cynicism for these old gals.

Back