• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Who'll be the next CDS? Speculation here, please!!

To bring this back on topic, I have move much of the budget and resource management discussion to here: http://army.ca/forums/threads/82898/post-1360434.html#msg1360434

I see media reports that Gen Lawson decided to get out for fatigue of managing budget cuts, and LGen Day told the selection board that he did not want the job. Looks like a lot of things were moving behind the scenes.

MCG said:
I see media reports that Gen Lawson decided to get out for fatigue of managing budget cuts, and LGen Day told the selection board that he did not want the job. Looks like a lot of things were moving behind the scenes.

Would you want to be in that position? Honestly telling your guys to get rid of their staff? and save money but still keep a functional military?
Thats like telling the contractor you hired to finish the basement not to use nails and screws but give him the rest of what he needs.

Thing is, we hav a surplus of nails and screws And not enough hammers and screw drivers.

upandatom said:
Would you want to be in that position? Honestly telling your guys to get rid of their staff? and save money but still keep a functional military?
Thats like telling the contractor you hired to finish the basement not to use nails and screws but give him the rest of what he needs.

"And let it be noted that there is no more delicate matter to take in hand, nor more dangerous to conduct, nor more doubtful in its success, than to set up as a leader in the introduction of changes.  For he who innovates will have for his enemies all those who are well off under the existing order of things, and only the lukewarm supporters in those who might be better off under the new.  This lukewarm temper arises partly from the fear of adversaries who have the laws on their side and partly from the incredulity of mankind, who will never admit the merit of anything new, until they have seen it proved by the event." Machiavelli
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/The_Prince

Back