• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Whole Iltis Purchase

Jinxed

Inactive
Reaction score
I read a thread a while ago regarding people purchasing the now phased out Iltis, but the post said that the place that sells them sells pieces.  Does anyone know if there's any location that sells a whole Iltis?

Thanks.

Carleton Automotive in Carleton Place, ON usually has them.  Check http://www.carletonautomotive.com/surplus.htm#military

Ubique

Regan

Wow, costly.  And to think I heard rumors of "beat to crap Ilti being sold for just over a grand"  ???

Anyone know if BC has any places that sell old Ilti?

Err, scratch previous post, what I meant was "anywhere know where to find cheap Ilti in BC"

Thanks again.

Jinxed said:
Err, scratch previous post, what I meant was "anywhere know where to find cheap Ilti in BC"

Thanks again.
;D
anywhere anyone can
Which witch do you watch your watch for?

Anyway, keep your eyes on the newspapers, for ads from the Dept of Supply and Services as to when and where they hold Surplus Sales.

http://www.icangroup.ca

Last month there were 7 Iltis' for auction In Toronto, 2 of which were non-runners. As I recall, all 7 were from Borden.
The Toronto auction house is actually located in Innisfil, just south of Barrie.

At further glance, Quebec (Saint-Romuald, QC) has 102 Iltis' for sale.

In case you're wondering... YES these auctions are open to the public... and YES the Iltis' are whole.

Cheers.

I was at the Toronto auction a couple of weekends ago and I saw all seven Iltises there. My friend, his dad, and I went up to get an Iltis. We got the one with the best body and it was also the most expenisve ($3700). I think it has to be the ugliest military vehicle in my friends collection, but it has been a fun project so far.

Was just looking at autotrader.ca (trucktrader) under SUV ther are two ILTIS's for sale complete with superstructures and are roadworthy.
A tad bit pricy for a P.O.S. if ask me. But no body asked!

C.E.L surplus in Morinvile Ab ten mins west of the base has an iltis and trailer in good cond. but I think he wants 6000.  IMHO a bit too steep.
Crown surplus in Calgary (not the crown assets disposal) usually has one as well but his prices are about 6000 as well.

there was an auction in Montreal last week.
they were selling several hundred Iltis (or is that Iltii?)
being sold in lots of 3
One of the PT guys from the Gym bought a lot... two out of three were in decent running shape - while the other one will need either TLC or will make a good hangar queen for parts. Heard that he paid 6000 for the 3 (+gst +qst)

Hi Guys,
there were 102 Iltis sold directly in Long-Point Army base in Montreal last week-end.  Some were in a very good shape and price ranged between 2800-1500$.  THen you had to move then out, to take them to the inspection, the modify them as requried by the inspectors, and to pass the inspection.  About 500$ in all.  Presently, several do try to sell them on www.lespac.com (french) or ebay.ca...price is around 4500$.  Other Iltis were sold, about 20 each shot, in Ottawa and Quebec in the past month, see previous answer with web site for the auction site adresses.
Hope this helped
JM

You're in luck if you reside in the southern Ontario region. They are selling 15 iltises at North Toronto Auction in Innisfil, Ontario (North of Toronto and south of Borden) on 10 Dec 05. Prices range from $3500 to $1250. Website to check out:

http://www.ntva.ca/main.cfm?p=000&l=en

Why would one want an Itilis? I can understand if you want to drive around the farm or in some small town somewhere....or as a fixer-upper hobby....

1) Where are you gonna find parts if it breaks?
2) Do you have to do emmissions testing?
3) Can you get a civilian license to drive it on the road?
4) How much do you think insurance will costs? Will insurance companies even insure this type of vehicle?

Oh yeah...concerning my previous post about the iltises at north toronto auction...these iltises are from ASU LONDON.

1) from VW, or numerous aftermarket or military vehicle parts suppliers.
2) Depends where you live.
3) Yes
4) depends how much you drive it and what province you insure it in. Yes, you can get insurance on it.

Unlike the M38 jeeps that were sold off, the Iltis & the CJ have rollbars.
Insurance companies like that :)

Emission controls.... a lot of other cars will fail before the Iltis will

Parts... The Iltis is ummm.... a VW Fox/Jetta in green clothing
but on a 24 volt system

Hey Boomer,

The Iltis is not POS, it was only treated like s*&T in the CDN Army. They are extremely capable vehicles, which BTW, beat the G Wagen in 1978 for the German military contract. Only after 25 years of improvements and the dubious ability to add 'armor'  has the G Wagen been able to superceed the Iltis.

Don't knock it till you try it....

Let's face it, the Iltis was an UTILITY vehicle - same as the old Jeep... it wasn't designed to be a Tank and should not be expected to take the punishment of a Tank...

If it's now seen as a POS - it's because it was improperly used or people had unreasonnable expectations of it's capabilities....

You should see what some people are now saying about the much vaunted Hummer after the beating it's been getting in Iraq.

Back