• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Where's the B Vehicles?

reccecrewman

Inactive
Reaction score
A bit of rant is about to start here - RHQ had a PWT 1&2 range today in the Petawawa training area.  We were finished shooting & ready to leave around 1430.  When the RSO called for our bus to come out and pick us up, we were told we'd have to wait a few hours because the bus that brought us out had to pick up kids from school and drop them off at home before coming to get us.  What have we come to that we have to contract out civilian busses to transport us to and from the field, but we have to work around their schedule?  Why did we not just have some of the Squadrons MLVW's come out and pick us up? Well, because we had only 1 MLVW and it was being used to transport all our range equipment back to the hangar.  It's not that we only thought to use 1 MLVW for the range, it's that the Squadron has only 1 MLVW - that's it! 

Where have all our B vehicles gone? When I first got to the Regiment, there was a plethora of LSVW's, MLVW's & HLVW's.  Now, it seems each Squadron has 1 of each.  2 SVC BN. has school busses in their transport lines, why couldn't they have used one of them to pick us up?  I just don't understand why we have to contract out to civilian companies for our transportation to and from the training area.  Somebody please explain what the ............... is going on.

Regards

Aka CMTC?  Last I heard, 500 vehicles and countiing.  I don't think they're being created with steel wool and knitting needles.  SOMEONE has got to be losing them.

A few of everything from every unit across the country?  Sounds like Whole Fleet Management to me.  Not that I'm complaining or criticizing, but I guess it had to be done.

Reccecrewman, where are B Tn's buses and dvrs?  No Fld Sp Tp there?  Never been there yet so I don't know.

Cheers. 

Recce
forget about the LSVW = best left untold and forgotten IMHO

WRT the balance of the rolling stock in the 2 CMBG lines...... you've got me.

Sounds to me like someone didn't want to look beyond the resources he had immediately at hand....

A good Tn Sgt/Wo shoulda been able to pick up the phone and get vehicle and driver on line in short order....

Bummer!!

geo said:
Sounds to me like someone didn't want to look beyond the resources he had immediately at hand....

A good Tn Sgt/Wo shoulda been able to pick up the phone and get vehicle and driver on line in short order....

Bingo.

Whole fleet management.................. The very bane of my existance.  I completely understand the concept and why it's being done, but in my opinion, it hamstrings sub-units terribly.  There's alot to be said for pride in ownership, and knowing that you have assets at your immediate disposal without having to go through another Unit.  Squadron / Company supporting echelons are a wonderful asset - pity we've been neutered of them.

As for the comment on it shouldn't have been a problem getting an MLVW and driver from an outside source......... well, I can't speak on that and will take your word on the simplicity of acquiring that asset, I am just a Corporal, and the follies or errors of those above me I won't comment on. Thanks for the replies though.

Regards

Even if the Unit had the assets available, they likely wouldn't have been able to provide the lift, given the stupid restrictions imposed by the empire builders at MSE.  aka: anyone that does troop lift requires 500 kms/ year on the vehicle to maintain troop lift on their 404's. HQ Sqn in the Regiment has always been tasked to provide that support. Now it's farmed out to a bunch of 'don't give a f**k' purple trades

Already the folly of the rule has come home to roost.

I love it when poncy potentates can't walk the length of their compound without tripping on their dicks.

You can see the 'discussion' here: http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/40395.0.html

Back