• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Where to order Mess Dress in BC

SweetNavyJustice

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi there, I was just wondering if anyone knew of (and could recommend) some places in and around Victoria, or BC in general where we can get Navy Mess Dress.

Thanks for the responses.

Mia's tailor (at the CANEX) can make them...she usually has a stock of 2nd-hand ones as well.

Does anyone have any indication of the price ranges? For the english doeskin or the barathea? I have a friend here who hasn't bought his mess kit because he thinks Andrei's Master Tailor is expensive. Any comparison info that's up to date would be appreciated.

Sounds like your friend is too cheap.  Mess Kit is expensive.  Barathea will cost you a minimum of $800.  By the time you get the footwear, accoutraments, shirt, etc. one can expect to have spent approx $1400 min.

That's about the right price: with all the bells and whistles mine cost me about 1200$ without the footwear (standard issue oxfords) and the optional white jacket. It's barathea too, I just didn't like the look and feel of the english doeskin, for the added price. Here Andrei has a deal for RMC but I was asking that since he was under the impression a naval mess kit was cheaper on a coast than here (in Kingston).

GO NAVY! said:
b]Here Andrei has a deal for RMC but I was asking that since he was under the impression a naval mess kit was cheaper on a coast than here (in Kingston[/b]).

It isn't...from the prices quoted, Andrei's is much better than the others! 

Do a search, I have posted a complete list of prices for Claymore before on the forum.

Back