• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Where to buy boots Meaford area

DirtyDog

Inactive
Reaction score
First off, I hope this thread (or something similar) hasn't been posted too many times, but I beleive this is particular enough to myself to warrant a new thread.

Secondly, although I've been issued a chit to switch over to the new GP boots, I havn't got one to allow myself my own personal choice of boots but I will work on that.  I'm not a bitcher or whiner but my lower legs just don't want to sort themselves out despite stretching, orthotics, and Viabrim soles.  I have very short legs and anything above a moderate march pace causes my legs to cramp up with shin splints instantly from stretching it out.  So, I figure since I haven't read a whole lot of good about any of the boots we're issued, that I'd try and get myself into a good aftermarket pair and see if that helps before my DP1 course starts in the next few weeks.  If the best in boots doesn't help any, oh well, i tried.

I would really rather not risk buy boots mail order without trying them on so I was hoping there might be places close to Meaford (I consider the GTA to be close) where I can go and maybe try out a set of Danners, SWATs, or Strykers.

Any suggestions?

thansk...

For Danners, try Lebaron or Tetragon (http://www.tetragon.ca/Products.cgi/search?category=Footwear).

Bass Pro might even have them (it would be on your way down the 400, so might as well stop in to be safe).

Thanks.

I might try the Lebarons when I'm back hoem near Ottawa next time. 

I'm guessing bootsl ike SWATs are mostly mail order in Canada?

Nope, quite popular at some surplus stores.  Army Outfitters in Toronto seems to always have a ton of new boots in stock from Swats to other brands, can't hurt to check with them first.

Bass Pro does carry Danners, they were priced exactly the same as LeBaron.  Last time I was in a LeBaron, Markham, their stock was limited.  I'm assuming you will want Acadias and you may want to call ahead.  Prices are pretty high and you can do a lot better on EBay.  Caution: I don't recommend buying boots on EBay unless you are buying a replacement of the same brand as you'll want to confirm fit for your first pair.

Steve

Back