• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Where do you call home?

Where do you call home?

• Total voters
Sig_Des said:
It's a good place to be from, not a good place to be  ;)
I think Oromocto is a great place especially if you want a safe neighborhood for your kids. I've been living just outside Toronto since Sept 2005, and I can't wait to move back to Oromocto in Mach. It sux here.. it's all concrete, dirt, and homeless people... and people are rude. :p

Even though I joke about Oromocto, I do like it.  It *is* a fairly safe place, lots to do, etc.  Just too many army guys.  That's why why my wife and I moved out past Hoyt! :D

Yes there are a lot of army folks around, but what can you expect from a military community? I also like some of the surrounding area where it's more rural therefore there is more room. Then you dont have to worry about nosy neighbors.

kleobee said:
LOL whats wrong with Oromocto?

Actually, I started my schooling in Oromocto and gradumakted from Oromocto High. Went to a bunch of schools in between though.

Have been hanging my hat/headdress in and around Ottawa, Ontario for the last 15 years, but just as much consider Nova Scotia to be home.  I love 'em both.

Edit: My family lived in Shannon Park/Wallis Heights on the Dartmouth side of Halifax Harbour from 1976 - '85 or '86....Dad was Navy.  He was properly horrified to learn I was going Army.  Muah-ha-ha-haaaa!  >:D

kleobee said:
It sux here.. it's all concrete, dirt, and homeless people... and people are rude. :p
That is because you are near Toronto.  Don't judge the whole area by that.  I live 3 hours SW of TO and it is a whole different world.  I think it has more to do with being rural

...would have been interesting to have Canada on the list : )

Yrys said:
...would have been interesting to have Canada on the list : )

Not really....when I first decided to make up the question I wanted to get a feel where everyone is from. Having Canada there just does not answer the question because seeing how this is a Canadian Army website prob 98% would have answered "Canada". Breaking it down regionally for Canada gives everyone a better idea where their fellow Canadians are posting from.

211RadOp said:
Actually, I started my schooling in Oromocto and gradumakted from Oromocto High. Went to a bunch of schools in between though.

I also went to OHS, although being an army brat, spent my last year of HS and graduated in Ottawa.

To be perfectly honest, I do like Oromocto. Although for a young, single guy...;)

I'll take the 4 O's over T. ANY day!

Born Iserlohn Germany, Dad was Service Corp. Raised in London Ontario. Lived there until 1996, and have been a spud islander for the past 10 years. Had a lot of great times in London at Wolsley Barracks.          Little Mac       

Some really great replies and links on this thread!!
Born in SK, have lived in SK, Montana, NB, NS, NF, and ON.  Let's not count Bosnia and Afghanistan... ;)
I still consider NB home (folks live in Moncton). Definitely an East Coaster!!  ;D

I'm from Northern Ontario or should I say Northwestern Ontario cause people from Toronto think Northern Ontario starts in Barrie!  It's a little place about 4 hrs Northwest of Sault Ste Marie called Manitouwadge (say that 5 time fast!).  Now I consider my self a westerner cause I haven't lived any where farther East than Winnipeg since 1985. (I don't count the year I had to spend In Gag-town on my 3's)

BernDawg said:
I'm from Northern Ontario or should I say Northwestern Ontario cause people from Toronto think Northern Ontario starts in Barrie!  It's a little place about 4 hrs Northwest of Sault Ste Marie called Manitouwadge (say that 5 time fast!).  Now I consider my self a westerner cause I haven't lived any where farther East than Winnipeg since 1985. (I don't count the year I had to spend In Gag-town on my 3's)
you've gotta be kidding! my room mate is from there, now that's just creepy. man I thought I was the only person on this board that even knew that towns name, guess there's two of us now :D
Greg

where do i call home? well basicly any CFB... was born and raised on one and now going to be working in one...

I would like to change my vote from ontario to Wainwright, Alberta.

tlg said:
I would like to change my vote from ontario to Wainwright, Alberta.

Ewww...Wainwright...wait, I'm going back in Jan...Dammit!

Back