• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Where are the new jump bags?

:eek: I see a lot of kit (read: for a dismounted medic) that needs to be streamlined..that c collar, bandaids? seriously CMED Packed? :blotto: 

HumanParadigm said:
:eek: I see a lot of kit (read: for a dismounted medic) that needs to be streamlined..that c collar, bandaids? seriously CMED Packed? :blotto:  

Hey, Punisher wannabe....just cause they give it to you does not mean you have to pack it in your gear.

As for the c-collar, I have never seen any role 1 medic without some sort of veh nearby, esp during tng. And being in a MVA esp while wearing brain bucket, is an indication of using it. I still would not have it in my bag, but with my gear in the veh. But if you want to talk about kit vs weight, lets talk about carrying 2L of IVs when there is Pentaspan and HSD, and why on earth anyone wants to carry a collapsible Adult/pediatric femoral traction splint.

PMT,
I would advise that whosever bag you pictured, take his scissors and keeper off the bag and attach it to thier tac vest or belt. The keeper line is not all that long and the scissors is the first thing they'll need of thier own body once they let go of thier weapon.

We've got a new medic jump bag which I'll be bringing up to Petawawa next week for anybody interested to have a look at.  It's designed to be carried 3 ways:
1.  Stand-alone medical backpack.
2.  Attached to the exterior of the CTS Small Pack via the daisy chain webbing.
3.  Carried internally via the CTS Small Pack.

We based the design on the Camelbak BFM medbak insert, but have changed it into a stand-alone backpack.  It's not going to work for everybody, but it does address some issues of size/overloading that have been discussed with the Blackhawk STOMP bag, as well as the issues of medics not having enough room to carry pers. items due to the mission specificness of most medical backpacks; when used with the smallpack, you still have room for your other stuff.

I'll try to drop by the Legion and see what you got going on.

I got eyes on Matts Med bag design.

First look..with a few "improvements" it will do more than jut fine. As he said, it is not designed to replace all med bags for all medical people. But no experienced medic will tell you that one bag is perfect for all jobs.

I definately will use it.

I'll leave it to Matt to throw up the pics.

Was browsing the internet and found this. I did a search on the forum and found that no one has posted this info. I understand this thread is old but rather then starting a new one, i figure this is the best bet.

I think some medics might be interested if they have not seen this.

http://pubs.drdc-rddc.gc.ca/inbasket/cmarrao.050616_0730.CR%202005-187.pdf

Enjoy

Back