• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

When will the CF be hiring again?

Hammer Sandwich said:
I think this fella might be asking if the additional workload might require more hiring, (since a great deal of the CF is already committed to work in Afghanistan).

Given most shortfalls are at leadership/supervisory ranks, and those take at least 5-10 years to develop, the folks recruited in the 2000-2005 timeframe are those stepping up to the plate.

Hiring someone today in the CF gives us a worker in 6-12 months; NCM junior leadership in 5-7 years, NCM senior leadership in 10 years or so.

hmm guys,

I'm trying to gather information since my file keeps sleeping for more than 2 years and wakes a time there and there for some tests or questions. Last I've known is they closed my file after the backcheck leaving a comment like "trade closed" with no attention to my second and third choices which where still open.

So I went back to my CFRC this morning to reopen the file, speak with a recruiting Sergent and sort all this out... He said he where pissed because he is in charge of my file which is apparently "on top", good qualifications, everything is fine and some clerks keeps flushing applicants at their first trade choice which results in consuming more paper, more ink, and applicant patience. So now is all back on track, I might have another medical update (the third in 2 years) since it's now valid 6 months, another interview, another backcheck.

I guess they'll notice me whenever they are serious on hiring :)

For now I leave that in the hands of "chance". Joining the army looks as lotery now, a question of chance, being there at the good moment, wish your trade won't close so you don't need to fill again this huge pile of paperwork!

I keep on waaaaaaaaaiiiiting....

Anyone in this position?

Looks like the new fiscal year starts on Friday, will the Recruiting Centers have the numbers in for each trade on Friday then?

SK said:
Looks like the new fiscal year starts on Friday, will the Recruiting Centers have the numbers in for each trade on Friday then?

I would also like to know this.. Decides if I call in and poke at the CFRC to let them know im still here or to wait another weekend with no information.. Long process but worth it in the end.

Yes they will know the numbers, but everyone and their dog will be calling. The advice I received from the RC concerning this matter was "call and leave a message either Friday or Monday, and will get back to you." That's probably your best bet. You could also email them, some recruiters won't call you late in the day, but they will email you. Possibility of a quicker answer.

I can tell you that they probably already know their numbers because I got my job offer as of today :)

Domterran said:
I can tell you that they probably already know their numbers because I got my job offer as of today :)

Congrats! what did you apply for?

You were most likely selected against the last remaining positions of the 10/11 intake.

I applied almost a year ago, the trade never opened up so back in December my brother, who has been in the CF for 9 years, told me that they were going to be hiring for EO techs. So i rushed into the CFRC and changed around my application so my first choice was EO tech.

I am done the whole process now just waiting on a phone call. Went in last week and they told me that i was merit listed and my application was on their desk in Ottawa and that i should be expecting a call first of April. They told me that i was at the top of the merit list and i was just wondering what that meant?

Thanks

I believe it means that if anyone drops out then you'll be the first choice to replace that person.

Of course I could be thinking of something else entirely.

Good luck.

Merit listed simply means that you are eligible for your trade choice. Being at the top of said list would then, obviously, mean you would be the first contacted with an offer.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Johansen said:
Merit listed simply means that you are eligible for your trade choice. Being at the top of said list would then, obviously, mean you would be the first contacted with an offer.

Correct me if I am wrong.

I believe you are exactly right. Merit listing means you have been judged to be fit and qualified for whatever trade you applied for, and are now ranked (or listed) competitively against everyone else who applied for the same thing. The highest ranking people (those with the most merit), compared to the numbers the CF requires, will get offers.

Congrats on being at the top of the list, EastCoastDreamer. People get excited about being merit listed (I know I was) but it can then be a lengthy wait, depending on the demand for your trade.

Ok thanks! They told me that i should be expecting a job offer within the next week, so i am yet again impatiently waiting haha

Hi i'm new to this forum not sure if this is the correct thread that I should be posting but anyhow I know the fiscal year starts this April 1 and I originally submitted my application last February 2011 the occupation that I chose was MPO and INT Officer but the CFRC said those occupations are oversubscribe/full. a recruiter called me that I should change my occupation he gave me some choices according to the degree that I had so I chose 1. AEC 2. Pilot 3. ACSO

Just wanted to have an idea if this occupation will open up this year? and the chances of me going to the process (CFAT, medical, Interview etc....)

Thanks

StonedViper said:
Hi i'm new to this forum not sure if this is the correct thread that I should be posting but anyhow I know the fiscal year starts this April 1 and I originally submitted my application last February 2011 the occupation that I chose was MPO and INT Officer but the CFRC said those occupations are oversubscribe/full. a recruiter called me that I should change my occupation he gave me some choices according to the degree that I had so I chose 1. AEC 2. Pilot 3. ACSO

Just wanted to have an idea if this occupation will open up this year? and the chances of me going to the process (CFAT, medical, Interview etc....)

Thanks

You know that the fiscal year starts April 1, yet you decided to ask whether or not these occupations will open up on March 29th? Come on. You have to wait a couple days like everyone else.

dangles said:
You know that the fiscal year starts April 1, yet you decided to ask whether or not these occupations will open up on March 29th? Come on. You have to wait a couple days like everyone else.

Sorry my bad.... just being impatient :)

StonedViper said:
Sorry my bad.... just being impatient :)

Don't worry about it, I am also waiting to see if the infantry reserve in my unit is hiring and they find out April 1st as well so I know how you feel.

I just hope to hell you guys don't think this is like Ticketmaster putting tickets for a big honkin' concert on sale at the stroke of midnight on April 1.  I'm sure the information might take a few days to make it through the grapevine.

Back