• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

WHEN IS the next Naval Officer Assessment Board (NOAB) ?

px90 said:
Thanks for those directions Gcclarke, I am definitely going to write them down so I can tell them to the shuttle if need be . I don't arrive till 1323 on Sunday, I imagine I'm one of the later arrivals.

I am arriving on Sunday at 1130 myself. Cya there.

My travel times were confirmed this morning. I'll be arriving at 11:02 Sunday May 24 and departing at 16:30 Friday May 29. Anyone else arriving around then?

NOAB seems to be a great way to learn more about a NAVY career, I wish I could be there too!

Best of luck to all of you and welcome to the West coast !

:cheers:

I'm not sure if this fits on this thread.  But I'm just wondering if anyone knows when the next NOAB is going to be held. 

There was just one held on the 25th of May, which me and 16 other people were supposed to be present at.  But, as my CFRC has told me, someone "dropped the ball" in Borden and 16 of us weren't sent our packages in time. 

I'm just wondering if I'm going to have to wait another 3-4 months for a chance to go to a NOAB.  So it would be greatly appreciated if someone could post the date of the next one as soon as it comes out. 

Thanks!!!

I know there was just a NOAB held on the 25th of May.  Does anyone know when the next one is going to be held. 

Apparently, according to my CFRC, me and 16 other people had all our applications in on time to go to the May 25th NOAB, but someone in Borden "dropped the ball" and we didn't get our packages. 

So I'm just wondering if I'm stuck waiting for another 3-4 months or if they are going to schedule another on sooner because of the number of applicants already waiting.  SO as soon as anyone knows when they plan to have the next NOAB it would be greatly appreciated if you could post it on here.

THANKS

So how many threads are there for NOAB 2009?  ???

Mods, perhaps a merge is in order.......again?  ;)

Funny thing Moe ... I was just coming here to say the same thing after reading the very obvious "Subject: ...." on the boards; not like one even needed a "search" function capability to figure this one out.

Hastings said:
  Does anyone know when the next one is going to be held. 

So I'm just wondering if I'm stuck waiting for another 3-4 months or if they are going to schedule another on sooner

THANKS

Sorry you missed it, Hastings.  If your screen name is any indication, you were going to be on the same watch as I was.
Based on what a number of the conducting staff were saying, you can expect top wait that 3-4 months.  The NOAB is a big deal, and a lot of organisation goes into it.  That being said, it's well worth the wait.  Some of the conducting staff are on these forums, so you might get a clearer answer.

Good luck when you get to go for your NOAB, and enjoy the MOST!

Michael

As someone said here before, NOABs are generally held before the next major concentrations of BMOQs.

The recently held NOAB (25-29th May) supplied Naval cadets for the August/September BMOQ.

The next NOAB will most likely be held in the July-Oct time frame, my best guess being either August or Sept/October.

I heard it would be a NAOB at the end of July.

Did somebody receive any information about this subject?

Ballistics said:
I heard it would be a NAOB at the end of July.

Did somebody receive any information about this subject?

My file manager has told me there is a NOAB scheduled for July 26-29.  I have not received the official invite yet though.

Thank you. I received the same message. Means that will be shorter by one day than other NAOB.

There will be a condenced NOAB (for Naval Technical Officers applicants only) during the last week of July in Halifax.  The next NOAB after that, for both MARS and NTO applicants is scheduled for 28 Sep - 2 Oct in Esquimalt (Victoria) BC

Can anyone confirm this?

I've read on the milnet.ca forums that the next 2009 BMOQ will be starting Sept' 7th and is the step taken after the NOAB interview process. I've also read the NOAB is usually run slight prior to the next round of BMOQ which makes me question a late September to early October date.

Being a MARS applicant I'm trying to track down a guesstimated schedule from NOAB -> BMOQ and from what you're saying the earliest anyone on the MARS path is going to see basic (if accepted) is January 2010, is that correct?

Appreciate any further insight, thanks.

bt13 said:
Can anyone confirm this?

I've read on the milnet.ca forums that the next 2009 BMOQ will be starting Sept' 7th and is the step taken after the NOAB interview process. I've also read the NOAB is usually run slight prior to the next round of BMOQ which makes me question a late September to early October date.

Being a MARS applicant I'm trying to track down a guesstimated schedule from NOAB -> BMOQ and from what you're saying the earliest anyone on the MARS path is going to see basic (if accepted) is January 2010, is that correct?

Appreciate any further insight, thanks.

That is correct.

Has anybody received the call for the end of july NOAB?

eidl said:
Has anybody received the call for the end of july NOAB?

Yes, I received my call. Tomorrow I'll go to take my official invitation. I applied for NCSE.

I got mine today, will be flying to halifax this coming sunday. See you all there.

Back