• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's with the Vancouver Recruiting Centre?

ThatsLife

Inactive
Reaction score
My friend and I have been trying to get ahead of a recruiter regarding transfering from Reserves to Regulars and no one has been picking up since we started phoning on tuesday. We've tried the extension number and we've tried pushing "2" 'regarding an application in process' no one answers.

it was like all that last week too. Call downstairs (push 1) and ask for the specific person whom you wish to speak with person local. A 4 digit #.

R

I can tell you right know, as someone who's processing Transfers/releases for a P Res unit, (including CTs) that the CFRCs are extremely busy, and generally shortstaffed.

Calling the the standard # for the CFRC and getting the automated system is not really good. The guys there sometimes don't even have time to pick up the phone and call back. I know, it's extremely frustrating.

As previously suggested, if you have a direct contact, call THEM..

Otherwise, you should physically go to the CFRC. If you're actually doing a CT, you HAVE to initialize it at the recruiting center, as per new SOPs.

Even if you started the CT process at your home unit, you now need to physically go to the CFRC. When you're there, ask the person you're talking to for a direct #

Cheers

Des

1)  Leave a message, that's usually the best way to get somebodies attention.

2)  Go personally.

3)  If you are doing a CT, shouldn't you be dealing with your unit BOR?

I am currently doing a CT and was told that since I live in the Okanagan I will never need to go the recruiting centre. Just this Tuesday a group came from CFRC Vancouver to do my interview and medical. They also did this for 3 other people wanting to get into the reserve unit. I started my transfer through my orderly room in July so this may have some bearing on it as it was before I knew I should have gone directly through the CFRC in Vancouver. The experience has been totally painless for me so far.

I'm currently working in an ROR and members have to initialize a CT at the CFRC due to new policy

CANFORGEN 134/05 ADM(HRMIL) 063 050822Z AUG 05
CANADIAN FORCES COMPONENT TRANSFER - ADM(HR-MIL) INSTRUCTION 07/05
UNCLASSIFIED

REFS: A. ADM(HR-MIL) INSTRUCTION 07/05 COMPONENT TRANSFER
B. QR AND O CHAPTER 10, SECTION 1
C. DAOD 5002-3 COMPONENT AND SUB COMPONENT TRANSFER

ADM(HR-MIL) INSTRUCTION 07/05 CANADIAN FORCES COMPONENT TRANSFER WAS APPROVED WITH EFFECT FROM 29 JULY 2005. THE INSTRUCTION AMPLIFIES REGULATORY PROVISIONS RELATING TO COMPONENT TRANSFER (CT) AS SET OUT IN SECTION 1 QR AND O CHAPTER 10 TRANSFER, ATTACHMENT, SECONDMENT AND LOAN, AND AMPLIFIES POLICY PROMULGATED THROUGH DAOD 5002-3 COMPONENT AND SUB-COMPONENT TRANSFER. THIS NEW ADM(HR-MIL) INSTRUCTION APPLIES TO CT FROM THE RES F TO THE REG F AND REG F TO THE RES F AND WILL SERVE TO STREAMLINE THE CT PROCESS AND REDUCE THE TIME REQUIRED TO PROVIDE OFFERS TO APPLICANTS

THE CT POLICY IS BASED UPON A NEW GUIDING PHILOSOPHY THAT ENCOMPASSES: CONFIRMING THAT MEMBERS OF THE REG F AND THE RES F ARE ALREADY ENROLLED AS MEMBERS OF THE CF; ELIMINATING REDUNDANT PROCESSING; RECOGNIZING ALL RELEVANT MILITARY AND CIVILIAN WORK EXPERIENCE; DE-EMPHASIZING TRAINING (COURSE) DIFFERENCES BETWEEN COMPONENTS; AND USING MILITARY WORK EXPERIENCE (AS OPPOSED TO MILITARY TRAINING) AS THE KEY CONSIDERATION IN DETERMINING A FAIR BASIS OF SERVICE COMPARISON BETWEEN COMPONENTS

FURTHER THE INSTRUCTION INCORPORATES SEVERAL NEW OPERATING PRINCIPLES SUCH AS: A NEW DEFINITION FOR SKILLED APPLICANT; CONDITIONS FOR RANK PROTECTION; USE OF A NEW PRIOR LEARNING ASSESSMENT MATRIX; AND FOR CT TO THE REG F APPLICATIONS MADE DIRECTLY TO CF RECRUITING CENTRES (VICE TO RECRUITING CENTRES THROUGH THE RES UNIT CO)

CF MEMBERS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO FAMILIARIZE THEMSELVES WITH REF A

Well, that looks promising if it is able to deal with year long wait periods....

I know this may sound stupid but, are you calling past their hours of operations? because i know the CFRC down here closes at 4:30...just a thought.

:cdn:

I'm in the process of waiting for my medical application to return and get sworn in, but I want to switch my choice from reserves to regular force.

They phoned another one of my friends and told him to phone back to schedule his aptitude test; did that, no one answered.

And no I have not been phoning after hours. I've been phoning at 12:00pm, 1:00pm - 4:00pm. Nothing.

As for actually going down to the CFRC. That's a possibility and I think I should do that tomorrow if I don't get ahold of them tomorrow morning.

I find the definatly don't answer around lunch time hehe. I usually call around 1:30 or 2 and usually someone answers. I also left a message around 4 one day and someone returned my call almost first thing in the morning.

Back