• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Whats the deal?

zak

Inactive
Reaction score
I just noticed that the guys providing security for the PRT in Kandahar all seem to be carrying the c8fthb or what ever its called now.  Is this the norm now for everyone to be carrying the 16 inch in country?

More and more everyday.

The Army has learned there is very little loss with the 16" and huge gains.  Soon every Infanteer (reg) shall have a C8FTHB and EOTECH 552 HDS upper as well as the standard C7A2 w/ C79A2 (you gotta do drill somehow  ::) )

At what pace is this transition being made to shorter weapons, Kev?  Are the people making the acquisitions coming to realize that a RAS type system is needed?

I cant say.

A bunch came in - then nada - more are forecast.  I think some in DLR are doing it as money becomes available.  :salute:

The Inf School, and the units want/see a need for a rail, but  no one wants to pay.

I think one will come in time.  We might go throw a whole crap load of PEQ's and PAC's as well as SF ligths - but eventually someone will decide it is simply more cost effective to get a rail system - and it may as well be freefloat (heck maybe they are bidding their time till the winner of the USSOC RISII is announced... we can all hope right)

Thanks, Kevin.  Well, while we're on the topic of new small arms, any updates on the DM rifle situation?  Has a rifle or caliber been chosen, 5.56, 7.62, C7CT, AR-10, SR-25, etc?

edit:

AFAIK

The Sniper Cells are pretty determined that 5.56mm is all a DM gun needs and they want a 7.62mm SASS/Spotter.
I think the CF is going to sold down the river w/o a realistic or competative test.

Back