• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

whats jobs and rank can you obtain with only a grade 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

conqueror

Inactive
Reaction score
this is a very important question to some people and should be taken seriously.

some people are stupid but smart. some men and women can't be bothered sitting in a room all day with stuff there never going to use or remember.

i <-- can't use capitals... button doesn't work; myself am not good at school, but i am a leader and i love the outdoors especially hunting and just observing things, such as a sniper does. but i have been offered 2 jobs 1 shitty pay other good pay. 6.50/h dishes. 19/h making sandwiches.... but i am not planning to do that for the rest of my life. once i turn 18 i am applying for the canadian forces. i would just like to know, what rank i can possess with a grade 10 and the jobs as well, thank you for your co-operation.

If you go to the CF recruiting site, you can see all possible jobs available with only a grade 10.

There are also many other threads out there that cover this subject in depth, if you do a search you should be good to go.

conqueror, start with these threads here in the Recruiting FAQ:

http://army.ca/forums/threads/21101/post-103985.html#msg103985

You will find that most of them emphasize staying in school.  There are no trades that don't involve spending time in the classroom, and studying for tests in your own time.  So, if you haven't found those skills to your liking now, they will be a very tough part of your training that you will have to master while under a wide range of other stresses brought on by change of environment and lifestyle.

Are you currently still in school, conqueror?  I'd recommend finishing first.  Like Michael O'Leary said, you need to do classroom work in the Military as well.  But you also have to consider that there is sometimes a competition for some trades.  Although grade 10 is the bare minimum, you may be competing with high school graduates, or even people with degrees.  If it comes down to you or the graduate applying for one opening, the graduate will most likely get it.

Jaydub said:
Are you currently still in school, conqueror?  I'd recommend finishing first.  Like Michael O'Leary said, you need to do classroom work in the Military as well.  But you also have to consider that there is sometimes a competition for some trades.  Although grade 10 is the bare minimum, you may be competing with high school graduates, or even people with degrees.  If it comes down to you or the graduate applying for one opening, the graduate will most likely get it.

what if i am better then the graduate at doing that task?

Staying in school and completeing it also indicates resolve, you quit school and a red flag goes up in some peoples minds you're a quitter.

what if i am better then the graduate at doing that task?
And how do you judge if you are better then another person because you won't have access to their recruiting file....

Completed Gr 12 is more of a statement on your MPRR than last level complete - 2.  Semantics I know, however it does carry some weight as the powers that be use your MPRR (service resume) to select personnel for positions.
Case study:
    I am your career manager and I want to load a sniper course.  Do I load a high school grad who I know can read and write properly or do I load a gr 10 complete who I may have doubts about.  Of course you can read and write, however the only document I have to look at is your MPRR and that, my friend, is the only document that really counts.

Take it for what it's worth.
Good luck
Bern

conqueror said:
this is a very important question to some people and should be taken seriously.

some people are stupid but smart. some men and women can't be bothered sitting in a room all day with stuff there never going to use or remember.

i <-- can't use capitals... button doesn't work; myself am not good at school, but i am a leader and i love the outdoors especially hunting and just observing things, such as a sniper does. but i have been offered 2 jobs 1 shitty pay other good pay. 6.50/h dishes. 19/h making sandwiches.... but i am not planning to do that for the rest of my life. once i turn 18 i am applying for the canadian forces. i would just like to know, what rank i can possess with a grade 10 and the jobs as well, thank you for your co-operation.

OK

You have been given good advice in several of the topics that you have posted in.  I hope that you take it.

NOW!

i <-- can't use capitals... button doesn't work......

You just pulled a fast one and I am calling you on it.  You can not type a "<" if your SHIFT KEY doesn't work.  Therefore you lied about not being able to use CAPITALS. 

You will find that we do get picky here; especially when someone is trying to pull the wool over our eyes.  You have been caught.  I hope you follow some of the advice given by others and sort yourself out, or you won't last long in any of your future endeavors (not only restricted to this site).

George Wallace said:
OK

You have been given good advice in several of the topics that you have posted in.  I hope that you take it.

NOW!

You just pulled a fast one and I am calling you on it.  You can not type a "<" if your SHIFT KEY doesn't work.  Therefore you lied about not being able to use CAPITALS. 

You will find that we do get picky here; especially when someone is trying to pull the wool over our eyes.  You have been caught.  I hope you follow some of the advice given by others and sort yourself out, or you won't last long in any of your future endeavors (not only restricted to this site).

wrong my shift key works but my caps lock doesn't. so if u can shift a small i to a capital i please help me lol.

i just give up on school teachers hate me, courses r bullshit. its like the government wants people to fail so they can fill in these low paying jobs. well frig that i am made for the army. i'd die for my fellow soldiers. i can put in the most shittiest circumstances and nothing will break me you know why? because i shut everything out. just like a sniper. th enemy is only a target once that target goes up u put that target down and move on to the next one. in my eyes if u can kill a bug,animal you can kill a human but... there is circumstances the human must pose a threat.

conqueror said:
i can put in the most shittiest circumstances and nothing will break me

Seem like school HAS break you and school ain't anything like any shit you will meet outside of it...

With one finger, press "Shift". With another finger, press "i".  Voila! A capital "I".  I learned that in school while dodging teacher ineptitude and government oppression.

Look, you're awfully close to going into a forced "read only" mode. Your bravado, and delusional ideas are not welcome here. The CF is looking for something different than what you bring to the table, I'm afraid. You want to prove us wrong? Stop typing. Read, listen, and learn...

i just give up on school teachers hate me, courses r bullshit. its like the government wants people to fail so they can fill in these low paying jobs.

Not everybody likes school, it's just something you gotta do if you wanna be taken seriously in the world. Man up and just get it done, the army will still be there after high school.

Yrys said:
Seem like school HAS break you and school ain't anything like any crap you will meet outside of it...

i want a challenge in life. i wanna be able to be sent in shitty places and be able to survive. like the middle east needs to be civilized and i wanna go there to help out. especially defeat the enemy. earth shouldn't be in war, earth should be in peace. and peace is what :cdn: is trying to give.

I'll Have to agree with Yrys.... It appears that the school system and "government" have already beat you. If you can't take instruction in a classroom concerning fundamentals, how do you propose you will absorb all the lessons from the military Instructors? During BMQ and progressive courses it appears you'll have at least half if not more of your lessons in a classroom setting, going over more fundamentals and "boring" topics.

It's great that your looking to make a difference in the world and that you want a challenge, but how are you suppose to educate the "uncivilized middle east" if you don't even have a high school diploma. It seems like your trying hard to fit yourself into the role of a sniper only describing yourself using terms most people relate to the occupation of a sniper. "i love the outdoors especially hunting and just observing things, such as a sniper does."

You also seem to contradict yourself quite a bit stating things such as "especially defeat the enemy. earth shouldn't be in war, earth should be in peace." in the same paragraph.

School sucks, everybody has said it multiple times throughout education. Something you just have to suck up.. in the end you'll be a more enlightened and better person. If you can't deal with the stress of school.. how are you suppose to deal with the stress of combat. If you can survive in the S***tiest places... you should be able to survive school for another 2 years. Take courses that interest you, World Politics, History seem as though they'd be right up your ally looking to change the world.

conqueror said:
i want a challenge in life. i wanna be able to be sent in shitty places and be able to survive.

I thought that's what High School was for.

http://www.recruiting.forces.gc.ca/v3/engraph/jobs/jobexplorer_en.aspx?bhcp=1

heres the link for the job explorer.

You may have noticed that it doesn't take long for a question to turn on you here. Be advised though most people are not on here to "troll" or upset you. They tell it as straight as possible. If you continue to come on here, you will have to learn to take it. One of the best ways to deal with it is to come up with a well thought out and constructive reply.

I can tell unfortunatly that you will be needing to brush up on your english and computer courses. Knowing that holding down the shift key will give you capitals also is pretty basic.

Everyone on here is right. Learning is a life long process. Alot of times it is in the classroom, sometimes its hands on, and sometimes its just your boss giving you 30 seconds of information and saying "go to it". High school is very boring but I know tons of people who hardly showed up or did homework and still graduated. High school today is pretty much a joke. So stick with it, you will regret not getting that piece of paper later.

conqueror said:
wrong my shift key works but my caps lock doesn't. so if u can shift a small i to a capital i please help me lol.

You have already been told how to make the SHIFT Key work for you, so I won't harp on it any more, just to say that it is one thing that a little bit of an education would help you with.

conqueror said:
i just give up on school teachers hate me, courses r bullshit. its like the government wants people to fail so they can fill in these low paying jobs. well frig that i am made for the army. i'd die for my fellow soldiers. i can put in the most shittiest circumstances and nothing will break me you know why? because i shut everything out. just like a sniper. th enemy is only a target once that target goes up u put that target down and move on to the next one. in my eyes if u can kill a bug,animal you can kill a human but... there is circumstances the human must pose a threat.

Again, you are trying to snow us.  It looks more like you have given up on school, than teachers hate you.  Seriously.  How can you even think we would fall for the mention that your teachers hate you, or anyone.  Get a grip.  Grow up.

You say that you can be "put in the most shittiest circumstances and nothing will break me".  Now I call BS on that.  You can't even hack going to school.  How could you hack going someplace "shitty"?  You do know that in the Army you have to go through "schooling" for a couple of years before you even get a chance to go overseas.  

Now, is a time to nip something else in the bud.  MSN Speak........ and few other important pointers for the newly initiated:

Army.ca Conduct Guidelines: MUST READ - http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/24937.0.html

MSN and ICQ "short hand" -  http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/33247.0.html

Regarding the use of "MSN speak" versus the employment of prose which is correct in grammar, spelling and punctuation, please see: http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/34015/post-260446.html#msg260446

Tone and Content on Army.ca: http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/51970.0.html

FRIENDLY ADVICE TO NEW MEMBERS - http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/24937/post-259412.html#msg259412

The ball is in your court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back