• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

what qualifications do you have?

After a checkout/conversion. And you'll find you're far from the only one on here with that privilege either...

Position: My core doesn't have many Senior NCOs so we kind of switch off every so often, but when there's a band on parade I'm the bass drummer.
Star Level: Gold Star,
Fitness: Silver Fitness,
Band qualifications: Level III Bass and Tenor,
First Aid: Standerd First-Aid,
Camp Qualifications:
Basic Army Cadet,
CL Pipes and Dums,
CLI Pipes and Drums.
..And I'm hopeing for eather Advanced Pipes and Drums in Rocky or Band Staff in Vernon.

Silver star
Gold fitness
standard frist aid
Expert Marksman
CL
flag party cmdr
drill team 2i/c

Position: Piper / Silver star instructor
Star Level: NSCE
Qualifications:
Expert Marksmen
Gold Fitness,
Emergency First Aid
Piper badge
Camp Qualifications:
Basic Army Cadet Marksman
CL
CLI Adventure
Army Cadet Exchange Outward Bound Wales
Awards:
Top NSCE Cadet Award (05-06)
Top Gold Star Cadet Award (05-06)
Most Proficient Cadet (Orienteering) (05-06)
Top Silver Star Cadet Award (04-05)
Barrie Police Community Service award (03-04)

2 in Air, current serving my 2nd in Army.

fitness: gold
Zone shoot pin
Acting DSM position
silver ZET training
CLI Adventure
ITLC(air)
Basic(air)
Top junior NCO award
Standards NCO
Standard first aid
First class marksman.

I could care less if they demoted me and spat in my face as long as I can get to do B/ para like my dad did. ;)

Cheers.

Position: Technical Warrant Officer (It's a staff position, i'm the Snr NCO in charge of Operations, Training, and Administration)

I have:
NSCE
Gold Fitness Level
Distinguished Markmans
Emgency First Aid
Leadership and Challenge (Rocky Mountain NACSTC)
Cadet Leaer (Blackdown ACSTC)
Zone Biathalon Pin
Scuba Diver Pin
Mock Wings
Rocky Mountain NACSTC Pin

frazzledazzle said:
Position: Technical Warrant Officer (It's a staff position, i'm the Snr NCO in charge of Operations, Training, and Administration)

I have:
NSCE
Gold Fitness Level
Distinguished Markmans
Emgency First Aid
Leadership and Challenge (Rocky Mountain NACSTC)
Cadet Leaer (Blackdown ACSTC)
Zone Biathalon Pin
Scuba Diver Pin
Mock Wings
Rocky Mountain NACSTC Pin

How can you get the scuba pin? One of my buddies wants to get that, he already scuba dives.

Sweet with the rocky mountain stuff man, you in Alberta or something?

One of the officers at my cadet corp ran the scuba course so he just gave us the padi scuba pin you can pick up from most dive shops. It's not actually a RCAC pin, it goes under regimental acoutrements or something like that.

Rocky Mountain is a National camp, says it in the title, Rocky Mountain National Army Cadet Summer Training Centre. I'm actually from Ottawa area.  :p

Ah, cool. Thanks man, i'll give him a shout. Yeah, that sounds fun, but I kind of messed up a lot of my chances for advanced training like that by switching from air to army. I Don't regret though. Alright, thanks again man, cheers!

Don't give up on that advanced camp yet, if you fall within the age category, have NSCE and can find some way of getting a CO's recommendation then you can do Rocky Mountain with almost no prior camp experience. I went to camp with a guy only Basic Cadet qualified. I myself only have CL.  :eek:

frazzledazzle said:
It's not actually a RCAC pin, it goes under regimental acoutrements or something like that.

In CATO 46-01(Army Cadet Dress Regulations) you will find that section 22 prohibits the wearing of such pins-
22. This CATO details the dress policy and
authorized items of dress. If an item of wear is
not included in this CATO, it is not authorized
and shall not be worn.

a. any form of CF uniform or cadet
uniform, past or present, not described
in this CATO;

b. any form of CF Mess Dress, past or
present;

c. badges of rank or insignia of the CF
other than authorized cadet rank and
insignia; and

d. locally produced corps, course and
exchange pins.

Don't just assume that its authorized for wear just because you received the pin from an officer.

My ACO has inspected our cadet corps and she said that they're the same as Rocky Mountain and Connaught pins being worn, officially not allowed, but one of those things they're not really worried about.

Yes things like that are usually passed over, and no one really says anything but why continue the wearing of an unauthorized uniform part? Whats the point? I for one can't stand the pins on the cadet uniforms in the first place, so adding all the unauthorized pins just irks me even more.

I am a convert though so I can understand where your coming from. I used to enjoy jazzing up my uniform as much as I could, but now I prefer the simpler uniforms like the CF tunic for RSMs (just the rank badge, RCAC badge, and medals)

I'm a bit of both, our cadet corp wears old Artillery Patrol Dress (can be seen in the unathorized uniform thread), and in that we wear only rank, NSCE and marksman qualifications. They're for C/Sgts and up, and we only wear those on COs parades and other special occasions. But for my cadet tunic, I like all the flashy pins and badges.

drum major, Gunner Trade group 1, first aid, Petty Officer 2nd class, sail 3,marksman 4, bugler

im out off the cadets for now onw years

I was  CWO  RSM of CC 2719 cote des neiges

Strachona medal
legion medal
Service medal
and golden jublly medal

My gold award of edimboug price

I ave my master CDT ( i ave do staff at Valcartier)
Gold fitness
expert Marksman
Intruceur in first aid
drum major

Music
PIPE 3
Trumpet 3
Drum 2
Tuba 2
Sax alto 1
sax tenor 1

CLI D&C
CL
Music basic

that it i think

MArc-Antoine Hotte

Just a few spelling and gramatical corrects.

hotte2719 said:
I'm out off the cadets for now one year

I was a CWO and RSM of CC 2719 Cote des Neiges

Strathcona medal
Legion medal
Cadet LongService medal
and Golden Jubilee medal

My Duke of Edinburgh's Gold Award

I have my master CDT [<----- Not sure what you mean?] ( i have done staff at Valcartier)
Gold fitness
expert Marksman
First Aid Instructor
drum major

Music
PIPE 3
Trumpet 3
Drum 2
Tuba 2
Sax alto 1
sax tenor 1

CLI D&C